ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:23 pm

Sutlt wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:12 pm
Hi Guys,

I applied on 29 July 2020. Just submitted biometrics via IDV app a few minutes ago as mobile access granted. Interesting to see that UKVCAS was working on Sunday. Looks like the queue is moving towards the end of July.
I applied for ILR SET O on 10 july after a 5 year tier 2 general. Haven't received IDV invite yet. Still see "no cases enabled" message. Anyone from july still waiting?

Desiro
Belarus

Post by Desiro » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:23 pm
Sutlt wrote:
Hi Guys,

I applied on 29 July 2020. Just submitted biometrics via IDV app a few minutes ago as mobile access granted. Interesting to see that UKVCAS was working on Sunday. Looks like the queue is moving towards the end of July.
I applied for ILR SET O on 10 july after a 5 year tier 2 general. Haven't received IDV invite yet. Still see "no cases enabled" message. Anyone from july still waiting?
Apparently you are in the second batch along with April, may and June applicants. My application date 25.06. No invitation yet, no access to idv app. Got tired of being angry, there is nothing we can do but wait

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:44 pm

There has to be some kind of a criteria which we all are unaware of. UKVCAS updated that they aim to send invites to anyone who applied up to 31st July by 7th Sep. But they already have reached up to 31st July (almost) by 30th August (1 week ahead). Clearly many applicants from April - July have not been sent an IDV invite. This lot most probably is in the next phase of invites before 7th Sep. But I have failed to understand the criteria UKVI/UKVCAS is following. Clearly its not the date order.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:04 pm

Desiro wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:34 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:23 pm
Sutlt wrote:
Hi Guys,

Apparently you are in the second batch along with April, may and June applicants. My application date 25.06. No invitation yet, no access to idv app. Got tired of being angry, there is nothing we can do but wait
I have just noticed an error in the email that was sent by caseworker which I suspect could be linked to me not receiving the invite yet. The caseworker email has my Tier 2 general extension UAN number from Jan 2019 in the subject line!!! Yes, UAN number from 2019 as subject of my ILR application from July 2020. So, Home office seems to have mixed up my old (approved) application and the fresh ILR application. Not sure if that is the case with other people. If anyone who hasn't received their invites yet, could you please check if the UAN number in the subject of case worker email matches your ILR UAN (which you should find in your application form)? If you haven't received case worker email, then it could be other reason.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:22 pm

I have a quick niche experience to share, which perhaps might be of interest to others here.
---------------

So, I was put in the biometrics reuse pool and waited it out for the IDV app. On Friday, Aug 28, I was able to log in to the app even without invite. In all the excitement to quickly be done with this, and from the feedback I gathered from internet forums about how easy the app is, I was a bit overconfident and trigger happy with the IDV app. I thought everything was fine, photo, liveness check and all, and submitted. Justt afterwards, I was just reading the FAQs (sorry, I know a bit silly not to read upfront) in the app was that "the photo must be with a clear/transparent background so that the person shall be in clear contrast with the background, and without any shadows on the face"

To my horrors, I realized that in my enthusiasm to avoid shadows, I had taken the selfie against a real dark background (a closed bedroom door). I realised that I could no longer use the app since I had already submitted, and the "submit" button was greyed out. Now, the last thing I wanted was that when UKVI folks finally get to my IDV biometrics in 2 weeks or whatever, to redo my biometrics and put my immigration application on hold until I got a biometrics appointment to fix the photo. After fretting about for a while and blaming myself for being stupid, I thought I should just login to UKVCAS website to see if in-person appointments are available.

When I logged in, I found an appointment slot for Saturday, Aug 29, 2020 for like £62 at Croydon, Landsdowne Road, and I immediately tried to book it. I was almost expecting an error message like "Sorry, but no further biometrics can be submitted for this UAN", since the IDV app doesn't allow any type of resubmission. Luckily, I got the appointment, and thought that this is a software bug in their system, and that surely when I showed up the next day at the VAC, they are going to turn me away.

So, I show up at Croydon, and after a bit of wait, gets called into a biometrics till/station. When they scanned my QR code, I was expecting them to give me a puzzled look, and saying that the system will not permit me to take your biometrics. Instead, they just proceeded. Took my photo and fingerprints, and before submitting, the person at the counter said "Okay, I can see your passport, your BRP, your supporting doc x, the photo that you uploaded, your supporting doc y, zzzz. Is there anything else you want me to add to your application?".

At that point, I was just hoping that the thing would just go through and no errors would further show up at submission. I just inquired if I could see the list myself, and the staff turned their monitor around. I literally saw my photos (from IDV app as well as from the in-person ongoing appointment) just like two others among the 5 docs I had uploaded. Not standing out or specially titled or anything, but they were just was so inconspicuous as list items buried among the 5 different supporting docs.

I asked them about the "duplicate photo". They just said, "it is just the photo that you had scanned/uploaded yourself along with all other supporting docs". They didn't know about IDV app. They then proceeded to submission, and I expected problems one last time, but luckily it went through fine.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:31 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:22 pm
Yes you are able to view appointments even AFTER submitting biometrics via IDV app.
Interesting to hear that the system lets you book it successfully also even after submitting via IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:26 am

Hi

Applied for ILR set M

I got IDV app invite today 30 August @ 23.30 .... . The application was submitted on 30 July.

Will submit picture soon.....good luck for other people who are waiting ......

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:35 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:31 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:22 pm
Yes you are able to view appointments even AFTER submitting biometrics via IDV app.
Interesting to hear that the system lets you book it successfully also even after submitting via IDV app.
Yes, and the key point is that only the IDV app segregates the facial image & liveness check into a separate tab, and supporting documents into another tab in its UI.

When I saw the UKVCAS staff's screen, everything appears in a single page without any classification. Just a long page with scrollbars that you can scroll through. The two photos (IDV app photo I uploaded + the Croydon photo they just captured in the appointment), the fingerprint images, all the docs everything in one long scrollable page.

There is not even a mandatory docs/optional docs classification. Unlike applicant's view, UKVCAS staff can actually see the actual docs we uploaded (not just the filename).

And Oh, one final thing. They can't replace anything we have already "submitted". I asked if my IDV photo can be replaced with the one they captured. They said they can't, and I can confirm that I didn't see any obvious 'x' icons next to the submitted docs. (And they didn't know anything about IDV).

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:36 am

SIyer wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:16 pm
April applicant and still waiting, how about the rest of you who were waiting from March, April and May have you had any luck this week? Looks like they’ll get through all the applicants till August in a couple of days. I don’t expect mine to come through till they finish inviting what I’m calling the first batch.
May 10th applicant here. No word on IDV app invite yet. Frustrating wait continues.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:26 am

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 am
Gilo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:33 am
Sadly, this IDV app is only allowed to download and use in the UK... my Apple account was still set in my home country and now I have to change the region to the uk and Retype my payment card Details and I lost the game renewal.(just one of the imperfections of this app) Nothing serious. Cheers
Have you received an invite yet? Or you just tried downloading and using it? if you did get an invite, which month did you apply in?
Just received my IDV invitation on 30th Aug at 23:00.
I applied on the 23rd July.

billybig
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by billybig » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 am

Hi all
Sorry if it's already been answered but do you have to have submitted documents before you would be considered for using the IDV app?
We have uploaded all documents but not submitted, cannot book f2f appointment (due to covid and new app etc.). Just waiting for the notification to use the app - but as I say, not sure if we need to submit docs first.
Thanks

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:01 am

billybig wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:53 am
Hi all
Sorry if it's already been answered but do you have to have submitted documents before you would be considered for using the IDV app?
We have uploaded all documents but not submitted, cannot book f2f appointment (due to covid and new app etc.). Just waiting for the notification to use the app - but as I say, not sure if we need to submit docs first.
Thanks
You can submit before or after receiving the app invite. Doesn't make a difference. But don't be in a rush to submit..check and double check.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:22 pm

Still waiting for IDV access. Anyone received invites or access today?

Hamza127
Pakistan

Post by Hamza127 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:33 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:22 pm
It’s so weird, I applied on 14th July and people who have submitted after me are getting invited but not me. I think it has to do with me uploading the documents extremely late (only reason I can think of)

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Hamza127 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:33 pm
iamawonder wrote:
It’s so weird, I applied on 14th July and people who have submitted after me are getting invited but not me. I think it has to do with me uploading the documents extremely late (only reason I can think of)
Don't think that document submission date matters. I applied on 10 july and it's been a long time since i submitted docs but no invite.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:51 pm

iamawonder wrote:
I'm very interested to see if they invite August applicants (since yesterday end of July applicants received their invites) or go back to late March ("second batch" theory)...

It also seems that IDV is not the quickest way to get a decision since no decisions have been reported yet.

harshitguptaiitr
India

Post by harshitguptaiitr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:06 pm

It seems UKVCAS and UKVI have sent out invitations to some of the biometric re-use ILR applicants with date of application until 30-Jul-2020.

Most likely they will cover all biometric re-use applicants by end of tomorrow and then move to August applicants from 2nd September.

Question

1 - If an ILR application has 2 applicants, with one being under 5 years old - does the IDV App allow facial photo of both applicants one by one?

2 - Has anyone who applied for ILR Application on 31-July (and eligible for biometric re-use) have got their account enabled to use the IDV App ?
Please DO NOT send me a Private Message for immigration advice.

My responses are not a substitute for professional legal advice. My response does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:55 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:00 pm
shahkb wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:22 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:02 pm

***Great***
Just got the IDV app invitation !

Applied on 12th April.

Fingers crossed. !
Thanks Bro. I got it too. Good luck.

I will update you the outcome.

Have a great week and make sure dont rush and do it slowly and properly.

I will pray for you.
hello abhardwaj1390 - do you mind sharing when you got the IDV App invite and what is your application date?

There is a reason lot of us wanted a separate IDV thread, but alas!
Any update on application decision?

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:12 pm

Date on submitted ILR Application is 30 July

Created account with UKVCAS on same date and submitted all documents on 31st July.

Email from FES Appointments <no-reply@mail.ukvcas.co.uk> on 5 Aug stating UKVI have identified you as being eligible for this new approach involving biometric reuse.

Tried logging to IDV App a few times last week and earlier today but got no account enabled message.

Hoping to get an invite by end of tomorrow.

Dear Moderators - Thank-you for all the help and amazing work both in advising on complex immigration queries and also keeping the forum clean. This post is not intended as timeline thread but informing other readers on status of where UKVCAS/UKVI is with regards to sending the IDV App invite.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 am

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
shahkb wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Just got the IDV app invitation !

Applied on 12th April.

Fingers crossed. !

I will pray for you.
hello abhardwaj1390 - do you mind sharing when you got the IDV App invite and what is your application date?

Nothing yet. I dont think IDV app users have got decisions.

Yaz069
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yaz069 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 am

shahkb wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 am
abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm
abhardwaj1390 wrote:

I will pray for you.

Nothing yet. I dont think IDV app users have got decisions.
Before COVID 19 In reality, decision took 2weeks to 4months max. However, on the Gov. website it mentions that it could be up to 8 months.

Now with COVID-19 and stacked up cases I wonder how long will it take.

(I am an IDV users btw, submitted my photo 22nd of August 2020, applied for ILR 1st of April 2020)

Barry465
Australia

Post by Barry465 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:54 am

On the timelines subject, I've seen quite a few people say they received an email from a case worker asking for documents. Ive got my biometric appointment this afternoon and submitted my application back towards the second half of July. However I've not received an email from a caseworker asking for more documents, is this normal or do they only email some people asking for these?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 am

Barry465 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:54 am
On the timelines subject, I've seen quite a few people say they received an email from a case worker asking for documents. Ive got my biometric appointment this afternoon and submitted my application back towards the second half of July. However I've not received an email from a caseworker asking for more documents, is this normal or do they only email some people asking for these?
Not all tier 2 applicants have been asked to email documents, only some have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Beril
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Beril » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 am

Hello everyone,

05/07 - Application form submitted
05/08 - Got the email about idv app with opt-out option. I didn't opt out.
29/08 @ 16.48 - Got the idv invitation email

I still didn't upload my documents and didn't use the IDV app yet but will do it today or tomorrow latest.
Good luck to everyone..

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am

Applied on 14th April
Got the idv app invite in the last week of August.
Submitted my documents through idv on the 28th of August.

Not sure how long it is going to take but the general consensus is that people who opted to go for the appointment got their decisions much quicker.

No clue how long it is going to take to get the decision.