ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiancee visa and baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marty

fiancee visa and baby

Post by marty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:04 pm

hi there..
i would like to know if i apply for a fiancee visa do i need to apply for a certain kind of visa for my baby daughter to come with me? She s the daughter of the man i want to get married with in UK. He is Uk born citizen and im canadian. our daughter was born in canada.
i also wonder if the fact that i got a child could affect on my application for fiancee visa? do i need to get her british passport before applying coz i think she can get one? and how much savings do we need to show coz we got a baby?
thank you all for advice.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 pm

When was the child born and is he named as father on her birth certificate?

If she was born on or after 1 July 2006 and the answer to the second question is yes, she is a British citizen and should have a British passport.

marty

Post by marty » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:15 pm

JAJ wrote:When was the child born and is he named as father on her birth certificate?

If she was born on or after 1 July 2006 and the answer to the second question is yes, she is a British citizen and should have a British passport.
thanks.. yeah she is born after that date father is on birth certificate, so she can have both nationalities is it? but do you think it can help us to obtain fiancee visa or its more complicate coz of money matter etc..?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:15 am

marty wrote:thanks.. yeah she is born after that date father is on birth certificate, so she can have both nationalities is it? but do you think it can help us to obtain fiancee visa or its more complicate coz of money matter etc..?
Child already has both. It's not optional.

British passport for child.

Fiancee visa for you.