ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by kart678 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Anyone in this forum applied through IDV app and received their decisions?

Input is much appreciated

Best Regards,

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:25 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm
atto123 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:45 pm
BTW i have observed people who submitted manual biometric have got approvals faster than the app ?

am i right ?
NO
Hi Jafersadeq
I hope you have received a positive decision today, if it’s not the case please share what’s been said by HO ?
Many thanks

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:26 am

Toxic wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am
Applied on 14th April
Got the idv app invite in the last week of August.
Submitted my documents through idv on the 28th of August.

Not sure how long it is going to take but the general consensus is that people who opted to go for the appointment got their decisions much quicker.

No clue how long it is going to take to get the decision.
It could be that from now on appointments will not lead to fast decisions either... The last decisions we have seen on this forum were received on 28 August and were based on biometrics submitted up to 25 August - silence after that. I really hope they don't revert to considering it for months after biometrics received.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:39 am

nash4elovek wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:26 am
Toxic wrote:
Applied on 14th April

Not sure how long it is going to take but the general consensus is that people who opted to go for the appointment got their decisions much quicker.

It could be that from now on appointments will not lead to fast decisions either... The last decisions we have seen on this forum were received on 28 August and were based on biometrics submitted up to 25 August - silence after that. I really hope they don't revert to considering it for months after biometrics received.
28th August was the last working day before the bank holiday so wouldn't accept any decisions to be made during the bank holiday weekend. Today is the first day back after the bank holiday weekend so it would be unfair to say that they were not fast on making decisions through appointments. I hope they revert back to making decisions of the people who applied since march/april and onwards using the idv app.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:56 am

kart678 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:18 am

Best Regards,
I am still waiting for my decision to be made after using the IDV app last week. Some people on other forums have heard of others getting their visas approved through the IDV app. But I haven't personally seen a post like that myself. I am guessing this must be from the earlier applicants who got invites to use the IDV app on week commencing 17th of August.

Greggytomelette
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Greggytomelette » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Applied on 14th April

I enrolled my biometrics on 25 August and received a (positive) decision today. Hope that's at least slightly helpful.

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Greggytomelette wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Applied on 14th April

I enrolled my biometrics on 25 August and received a (positive) decision today. Hope that's at least slightly helpful.
Congratulations, that’s fantastic news, hopefully IDV app users will start receiving decisions soon as well.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Did you apply with any dependants or just yourself?

Regards,

Nurul

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

Greggytomelette wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:08 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Applied on 14th April

Glad to hear that. Congratulations!
IDV app users shall wait...

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm

daenyt wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:56 am
kart678 wrote:

Best Regards,
I am still waiting for my decision to be made after using the IDV app last week. Some people on other forums have heard of others getting their visas approved through the IDV app. But I haven't personally seen a post like that myself. I am guessing this must be from the earlier applicants who got invites to use the IDV app on week commencing 17th of August.
I have submitted my documents and image via IDV app on 19/08/2020 but haven't heard anything back from them since then. My application date is 28/03/2020.

Initially I thought all the biometrics arrangements have been already fetched into the system and it is just a matter of verifying photo and ID more than anything else.

Currently, looks like the system is not fully integrated and that's probably why it is taking so long in getting decisions compared with in-person applications.

I did realise that later on but it is of no use other than hoping for the best

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:23 pm

kart678 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:19 pm
daenyt wrote:
kart678 wrote:

Best Regards,
I have submitted my documents and image via IDV app on 19/08/2020 but haven't heard anything back from them since then. My application date is 28/03/2020.

Initially I thought all the biometrics arrangements have been already fetched into the system and it is just a matter of verifying photo and ID more than anything else.

Currently, looks like the system is not fully integrated and that's probably why it is taking so long in getting decisions compared with in-person applications.

28/03 WAO! Thats about 7 working days!
I guess people who submitted after that do not have a chance lol.
Please keep us posted if you get any updates from the HO.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:29 pm

kart678 wrote:
daenyt wrote:
kart678 wrote:

Best Regards,

Wow. This is just ridiculous. Your case specially since you applied back in March. I applied early May. I am feeling rather hopless about this. And really annoyed. :evil:

Please also write to your MP and ask them to contact Home Office to try and escalate your visa decision. I am doing the same. It is not fair that those who applied after us have already got their visas.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 pm

kart678 wrote:
daenyt wrote:
kart678 wrote:

Best Regards,

Same situation here, also applied 28/3 and 19/8 IDV biometrics submitted. Not heard anything since. Considering booking an in-person biometrics appointment.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 pm

JS123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 pm
kart678 wrote:
daenyt wrote:
kart678 wrote:

Best Regards,

Same situation here, also applied 28/3 and 19/8 IDV biometrics submitted. Not heard anything since. Considering booking an in-person biometrics appointment.
Same here JS123. Planning to wait another day or two. Relying on new innovation (IDV app) is a useless journey. It is testing my patience every day

I don't know how many people applied between march and April.

kart678
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kart678 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:41 pm

kart678 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 pm
JS123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:34 pm
kart678 wrote:
daenyt wrote:

Same here JS123. Planning to wait another day or two. Relying on new innovation (IDV app) is a useless journey. It is testing my patience every day

I don't know how many people applied between march and April.
Also, not even one member in this forum received their decision so far after submitting documents and photos via IDV App

lush

Post by lush » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Did you get your decision yet?
I also enrolled for biometrics of the 19th August at Croydon and I'm yet to receive a decision.
It could be that they are deciding nearer to the current leave expiry date.
My current one expires 12th Oct october.

Baydaar wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:02 pm
I enrolled my biometrics on 19th of August for set M, but didn't got any respond, I have seen many people got their approval with in 2 to 3 days , it is quite irritating, some are saying that it depends on the expiry date of current BRC, if your visa is near to expire you will get decision quick, my visa will expire on 8th of November.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm

lush wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:09 pm
I also enrolled for biometrics of the 19th August at Croydon and I'm yet to receive a decision.

Baydaar wrote:
I enrolled my biometrics on 19th of August for set M, but didn't got any respond, I have seen many people got their approval with in 2 to 3 days , it is quite irritating, some are saying that it depends on the expiry date of current BRC, if your visa is near to expire you will get decision quick, my visa will expire on 8th of November.
Is it really the case that the time for decision of your application depends on what is your current leave expiry?
Can anyone confirm that they received decisions even their current leave not nearing expiry?

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm
lush wrote:

Baydaar wrote:
Is it really the case that the time for decision of your application depends on what is your current leave expiry?
Can anyone confirm that they received decisions even their current leave not nearing expiry?
We have definitely seen people with visas expired waiting for decisions longer than average, so I don't think this is the case.

However, as this whole process is one big black box, I find it hard to speculate...

Greggytomelette
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Greggytomelette » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:32 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:18 pm
Did you apply with any dependants or just yourself?

Regards,

Nurul
Just me (Set O, Tier 2 general- 5 years continuous residence)

Greggytomelette
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Greggytomelette » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Yash123 wrote:
lush wrote:

Baydaar wrote:
I got a positive decision earlier today (6 days after enrolling biometrics, Set O). My leave doesn't expire until April next year, so I don't think approvals are closely correlated with expiry dates.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:36 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:30 pm
Yash123 wrote:
lush wrote:

Baydaar wrote:
We have definitely seen people with visas expired waiting for decisions longer than average, so I don't think this is the case.

However, as this whole process is one big black box, I find it hard to speculate...
I agree. My leave already expired in May, and I have not received a decision (28/3 applied).

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:38 pm

Greggytomelette wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Yash123 wrote:
lush wrote:

Baydaar wrote:
I got a positive decision earlier today (6 days after enrolling biometrics, Set O). My leave doesn't expire until April next year, so I don't think approvals are closely correlated with expiry dates.
thanks for the info Greggytomelette! it seems there is no relation of processing an application and decision with the current leave expiry.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 pm

I just saw this on one other website, so sharing in case it may be useful:

"I just spoke to the home office on the phone, they said that it will take 2-3 weeks after submitting through idv app and if we don't hear back in that timescale, they will escalate your case with the caseworker directly. Hope that's useful info!"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:02 pm

I am not sure why everyone is chasing for decisions. The normal standard timeline is 6 months. Post-covid, understandably this can be longer.

Anyone who applied end February should be chasing up by now.

No where its mentioned HO will process decisions within 2-3 days. Previously applicants were lucky who got pretty quick decisions but the standard timeline is 6 months.

Example:
If someone provides biometrics after 4 months delay and HO responds in next 2 months, HO still is within the standard processing times. The chasing should begin after 6 months but seems like everyone wants a decision in 3-10 days after biometrics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:18 pm

Would be good to get a fresh update from UKVCAS about IDV invites. Last update was on 25/8.
They posted earlier that they will keep us up to date with where they are with the invites. But then their updates are quite far and few unfortunately. Not the kind of transparency and accountability which is expected after shelling out so much money!