ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:28 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:18 pm
Would be good to get a fresh update from UKVCAS about IDV invites. Last update was on 25/8.
They posted earlier that they will keep us up to date with where they are with the invites. But then their updates are quite far and few unfortunately. Not the kind of transparency and accountability which is expected after shelling out so much money!
Also, as usual, people who receive IDV invites this evening, please update this thread as this helps in assessing the situation.
My situation: 10 July ILR Set O - still waiting for IDV! Not sure when the missed invites(April to July) will be sent by UKVCAS.

Shadyoakedive
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Shadyoakedive » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm

Just helping out everyone here

I applied on end July, submitted biometrics late last week (physically and not through IDV) and got my decision today

ManDoKOP
Newly Registered
India

Post by ManDoKOP » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:05 pm

Shadyoakedive wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:53 pm
Just helping out everyone here

I applied on end July, submitted biometrics late last week (physically and not through IDV) and got my decision today
May I know when did you submit the biometric?

lush

Post by lush » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:19 pm

Yash123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:38 pm
Greggytomelette wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:34 pm
Yash123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm
lush wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Did you get your decision yet?
I also enrolled for biometrics of the 19th August at Croydon and I'm yet to receive a decision.
It could be that they are deciding nearer to the current leave expiry date.
My current one expires 12th Oct october.

Is it really the case that the time for decision of your application depends on what is your current leave expiry?
Can anyone confirm that they received decisions even their current leave not nearing expiry?
I got a positive decision earlier today (6 days after enrolling biometrics, Set O). My leave doesn't expire until April next year, so I don't think approvals are closely correlated with expiry dates.
thanks for the info Greggytomelette! it seems there is no relation of processing an application and decision with the current leave expiry.

Hello Guys, Got my decision this evening around 5pm.
Goodluck to everyone waiting!!! We shall celebrate :)

Alsace67000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Alsace67000 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi guys, please let me know if this is the wrong forum.
I got an email Friday night to install the idv app.
Installed the app today and uploaded 1/3 of the mandatory documents (the documents were under one category, not 3 separate ones)
I logged back in and found that my application had been submitted - I can add documents on the idv app but I can’t delete the first document I uploaded, my passport.
There’s a high chance my application has been submitted because you are only required to upload ONE mandatory document under each mandatory document header. But will UKVI contact me for the other 2 documents or will they make an application based off of JUST my passport? I havent uploaded ANY optionAl documents, I was going to, but I don’t know WHY my application says submitted!! When I try to upload optional documents it lets me but it doesn’t let me submit. I’ve done my likeness check and face check, so that can’t be the reason I’m unable to submit my application. I think my solicitor may have accidentally logged in and submitted it? Either way I’m scared!! Will UKVI ask for my marriage certificate and for my sponsor declaration because I haven’t uploaded those?Keep in mind I’m applying for flr m ... And if they do ask for them, can I upload my optional documents then too? Please help me!! I’m so scared, imagine my application is sent off with literally JUST my passport :(

ManDoKOP
Newly Registered
India

Post by ManDoKOP » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:29 pm

Ahmedkawsar053 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Installed the app today and uploaded 1/3 of the mandatory documents (the documents were under one category, not 3 separate ones)
I logged back in and found that my application had been submitted - I can add documents on the idv app but I can’t delete the first document I uploaded, my passport.
There’s a high chance my application has been submitted because you are only required to upload ONE mandatory document under each mandatory document header. But will UKVI contact me for the other 2 documents or will they make an application based off of JUST my passport? I havent uploaded ANY optionAl documents, I was going to, but I don’t know WHY my application says submitted!! When I try to upload optional documents it lets me but it doesn’t let me submit. I’ve done my likeness check and face check, so that can’t be the reason I’m unable to submit my application. I think my solicitor may have accidentally logged in and submitted it? Either way I’m scared!! Will UKVI ask for my marriage certificate and for my sponsor declaration because I haven’t uploaded those?Keep in mind I’m applying for flr m ... And if they do ask for them, can I upload my optional documents then too? Please help me!! I’m so scared, imagine my application is sent off with literally JUST my passport :(
You should call IDV App helpline saying you have these troubles, just let them now. Hopefully they help you.

vijayswami
India

Post by vijayswami » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi Team

Have submitted the ILR (SET(O)) for my dependents and child and uploaded the docs in UKVCAS site.

Any idea pls, whether case worker will request for documents (or) i will receive the email directly either for IDV app / Book the appointment thru UKVCAS

Sweetlarkee
United Kingdom

Post by Sweetlarkee » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 pm

Congratulations!

Did you submit your biometrics through the app?
lush wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Yash123 wrote:
Greggytomelette wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Is it really the case that the time for decision of your application depends on what is your current leave expiry?
Can anyone confirm that they received decisions even their current leave not nearing expiry?
I got a positive decision earlier today (6 days after enrolling biometrics, Set O). My leave doesn't expire until April next year, so I don't think approvals are closely correlated with expiry dates.
thanks for the info Greggytomelette! it seems there is no relation of processing an application and decision with the current leave expiry.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:41 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 pm
Congratulations!

lush wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
Greggytomelette wrote:

Clicking on user name would help:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1930270

lush

Post by lush » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:09 pm

Sweetlarkee wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:37 pm
Congratulations!

lush wrote:
Yash123 wrote:
Greggytomelette wrote:

No, i did my biometrics in person on the 19th August and i've been waiting for a decision

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:30 pm

vijayswami wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:35 pm
Hi Team

Have submitted the ILR (SET(O)) for my dependents and child and uploaded the docs in UKVCAS site.

Any idea pls, whether case worker will request for documents (or) i will receive the email directly either for IDV app / Book the appointment thru UKVCAS
I don’t think caseworkers are emailing any longer for docs as people are getting timely emails (in around 3-4weeks of application payment) to either book an appointment or use idv app. If you are gng to an appointment the caseworker will scan supporting documents not submitted already as I got done today but didnt let me check the docs that are already submitted on ukvcas. Saying it is our own responsibility to upload correctly which is so annoying as after upload we can’t see a preview of the uploaded files 🙄

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Ahmedkawsar053 wrote:
Firstly, the UKVCAS/IDV works like this: Usually ONLY the passport is considered as mandatory document. All other documents (even though they are mandatory also) are classified as “optional” categories.
It is your responsibility to upload ALL documents as per the immigration rules/guidance relevant to your visa category, in whichever category (UKVCAS/IDV) you think it fits best.
Seems like you have submitted your application without uploading ALL the required documents. Unfortunately you can NOT submit any more documents at this stage.
You will have to wait for CW to write to you (if he is kind enough) asking for additional documents if necessary to process your application. This may cause delays too.

PS: You may consider to book an appointment with UKVCAS. Yes you can book an appointment even after you submitted via IDV app. That is your last resort. Make sure you take all your documents at the centre and ask them to upload and submit them for you. You will have to go through another process of biometrics also. This may save you some delays or refusal in worst case scenario.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 pm
Ahmedkawsar053 wrote:
Firstly, the UKVCAS/IDV works like this: Usually ONLY the passport is considered as mandatory document. All other documents (even though they are mandatory also) are classified as “optional” categories.
It is your responsibility to upload ALL documents as per the immigration rules/guidance relevant to your visa category, in whichever category (UKVCAS/IDV) you think it fits best.
Seems like you have submitted your application without uploading ALL the required documents. Unfortunately you can NOT submit any more documents at this stage.
You will have to wait for CW to write to you (if he is kind enough) asking for additional documents if necessary to process your application. This may cause delays too.

PS: You may consider to book an appointment with UKVCAS. Yes you can book an appointment even after you submitted via IDV app. That is your last resort. Make sure you take all your documents at the centre and ask them to upload and submit them for you. You will have to go through another process of biometrics also. This may save you some delays or refusal in worst case scenario.
Cullinan, Great advise to Ahmedkawsar053. You are a star.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm

Thank you for your kind words abhardwaj1390.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:30 pm

For anyone using the IDV app: I would recommend you to upload your documents via the UKVCAS website and not the app itself. Its a lot more easier and user friendly to upload documents via the UKVCAS website. Uploading on IDV app can be tricky. Once you upload via the UKVCAS website, you do not need to upload again via IDV app. All you will need to do is IDV verification i.e. facial image, liveliness check and passport photo.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Not heard of any IDV invites yet. Has the app turned nocturnal since Sunday? :shock:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:33 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Not heard of any IDV invites yet. Has the app turned nocturnal since Sunday? :shock:
Seems like UKVCAS is on a break. Maybe the invites resume in a day or two.

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm
Thank you for your kind words abhardwaj1390.
Pleasure to compliment. I remember you helped me Using IDV app on 23/08/2020 when I was confused about the ID document. Your patience was exemplary.

Hopefully I get the IDV result soon as will update everyone.

Thank you and good luck everyone. Not long

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 pm

Hi everyone, do I need to print out my QR code for the appointment at a UKVCAS service point? Also my employer letter was sent to me via email, do I need to print out the email or just show them the email will do? Thanks very much for the help!

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:20 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 pm
Hi everyone, do I need to print out my QR code for the appointment at a UKVCAS service point? Also my employer letter was sent to me via email, do I need to print out the email or just show them the email will do? Thanks very much for the help!
Nope. Just hand over your phone to them with a reasonable brightness setting, through the opening in the plexiglass screen at your appointment.

Of course, each time the phone locks up, they hand it back to you to unlock. Oh, and make sure your phone has sufficient battery juice to last through your appointment of course :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 pm

LZ_90 wrote:
Its best to print the QR code (confirmation email states that also) as the staff needs to scan it multiple times for submitting your documents. However, you can take your phone also as mentioned by the previous user. I would not recommend it due to the fact the phone keeps locking or otherwise which is annoying for the staff.
You do not need to take the email proof. Just upload your employer letter.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:30 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:20 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Nope. Just hand over your phone to them with a reasonable brightness setting, through the opening in the plexiglass screen at your appointment.

Of course, each time the phone locks up, they hand it back to you to unlock. Oh, and make sure your phone has sufficient battery juice to last through your appointment of course :)
Thank you very much for the info :) put my mind at ease.

LZ_90
Singapore

Post by LZ_90 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
Its best to print the QR code (confirmation email states that also) as the staff needs to scan it multiple times for submitting your documents. However, you can take your phone also as mentioned by the previous user. I would not recommend it due to the fact the phone keeps locking or otherwise which is annoying for the staff.
You do not need to take the email proof. Just upload your employer letter.
Thank you Cullinan, helpful as per usual :)

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 pm
LZ_90 wrote:
However, you can take your phone also as mentioned by the previous user. I would not recommend it due to the fact the phone keeps locking or otherwise which is annoying for the staff.
Yes. They had to scan it multiple times (I think 3 or 4 times, but atleast 3 times). So, the first time the staff gave it back to me to unlock, I disabled all power-saving/screen-locking features before handing it back to them.

typhoon476
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by typhoon476 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 pm

I appreciate your answers and helping other people but this is very a inconsiderate post. People have been waiting for months right now. We had to wait for test centers to open to give Life in the UK test results, same for English language test results, some people like me waited weeks in case Priority was opened back again due to unclear Home Office statements, we can't change jobs, we can't travel outside the UK if there is an emergency. And don't tell me about contacting Home Office in an emergency, it's all outsourced call centre staff who don't know a thing and you have to write to an MP and wait weeks for it to be raised. Some people have plans to buy a property and urgently waiting so they have a new visa...

6 months is too long in this day and age of internet technology and we cannot even pay to have fast results. Why are people apologists? I feel the ambiguous communication, slowness of everything, making profit out of people's misery is so clear a motive for Home Office and Sopra Steria now. Do people not see this?

You are all nice and relaxed because you don't have these problems and you're applying for naturalization. You can travel abroad, you can change jobs, get a mortgage... It's all nice and dandy.
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:02 pm
I am not sure why everyone is chasing for decisions. The normal standard timeline is 6 months. Post-covid, understandably this can be longer.

Anyone who applied end February should be chasing up by now.

No where its mentioned HO will process decisions within 2-3 days. Previously applicants were lucky who got pretty quick decisions but the standard timeline is 6 months.

Example:
If someone provides biometrics after 4 months delay and HO responds in next 2 months, HO still is within the standard processing times. The chasing should begin after 6 months but seems like everyone wants a decision in 3-10 days after biometrics.