ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:51 pm

typhoon476 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 pm
You are all nice and relaxed because you don't have these problems and you're applying for naturalization. You can travel abroad, you can change jobs, get a mortgage... It's all nice and dandy.
I appreciate your opinion.

If you read my immigration history, I am someone who immigrated via the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route which is one of the most complex routes (and NO option for super-priority anyways). I am someone who was made to wait for my extension for 16 long MONTHS (yes 16 months!) and many like me (on Tier 1 Ent) were made to wait for 20-24 months for extensions/ILR even pre-covid. I am someone who could not travel for 16 months even for a funeral in my extended family. So yes I am aware of all these problems you mentioned above as I had to face it myself that too PRE-covid. It was not all nice and dandy.

However, given covid times, understandably all world affairs are affected. I can relate to the frustration for Test centre closures, Life in UK centre closures, but given all that if HO manages to provide you a decision within the standard 6 months from the date of application, you are lucky. Expecting/chasing anything or getting frustrated before that would not be fair I guess.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Alsace67000
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Alsace67000 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 pm
Ahmedkawsar053 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Hi guys, please let me know if this is the wrong forum.
I got an email Friday night to install the idv app.
Installed the app today and uploaded 1/3 of the mandatory documents (the documents were under one category, not 3 separate ones)
I logged back in and found that my application had been submitted - I can add documents on the idv app but I can’t delete the first document I uploaded, my passport.
There’s a high chance my application has been submitted because you are only required to upload ONE mandatory document under each mandatory document header. But will UKVI contact me for the other 2 documents or will they make an application based off of JUST my passport? I havent uploaded ANY optionAl documents, I was going to, but I don’t know WHY my application says submitted!! When I try to upload optional documents it lets me but it doesn’t let me submit. I’ve done my likeness check and face check, so that can’t be the reason I’m unable to submit my application. I think my solicitor may have accidentally logged in and submitted it? Either way I’m scared!! Will UKVI ask for my marriage certificate and for my sponsor declaration because I haven’t uploaded those?Keep in mind I’m applying for flr m ... And if they do ask for them, can I upload my optional documents then too? Please help me!! I’m so scared, imagine my application is sent off with literally JUST my passport :(
Firstly, the UKVCAS/IDV works like this: Usually ONLY the passport is considered as mandatory document. All other documents (even though they are mandatory also) are classified as “optional” categories.
It is your responsibility to upload ALL documents as per the immigration rules/guidance relevant to your visa category, in whichever category (UKVCAS/IDV) you think it fits best.
Seems like you have submitted your application without uploading ALL the required documents. Unfortunately you can NOT submit any more documents at this stage.
You will have to wait for CW to write to you (if he is kind enough) asking for additional documents if necessary to process your application. This may cause delays too.

PS: You may consider to book an appointment with UKVCAS. Yes you can book an appointment even after you submitted via IDV app. That is your last resort. Make sure you take all your documents at the centre and ask them to upload and submit them for you. You will have to go through another process of biometrics also. This may save you some delays or refusal in worst case scenario.
Thanks everyone for the advice/help. It was really informative and the responses you guys gave actually gave me some peace of mind. I’ve been worried all evening. I booked an appointment at the Cardiff core for the 24th, luckily they do free appointments because the home office has emptied my pockets! I will also call the idv helpline tomorrow and see what they can do. Fingers crossed they don’t make a decision before my appointment..if that’s even possible. I’ll upload my documents tomorrow so they’re ready for the appointment on 24/09 and update anyone if anyone’s interested. Please keep me in your well wishes, I’m stressed out! This application means everything to me and is the key to a better life.

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:06 am

So I Sent my biometrics via IDV on the 25th of August, but as many of you, the 5-6 months wait has taken the best of me...

Thinking of booking an appointment to take my biometrics in person even though I already sent it via IDV. Do you think this is ludacris or would affect my application? I’m just fed up to see July applicants getting their decisions after 3 working days whilst the rest of us are in the dark.

Moderators - apologies if this is an irrelevant question. Please feel free to delete if so.

Fz420
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Fz420 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 am

I think ho sending idv apps invite only selected application.. cause they dont wanna send it to everyone and refused few...they already have huge backlog in first tribunal ....so I think if u get idv apps invite then resule will be positive...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:25 am

I found this on a third party website which may help someone. I think, for anyone who has not received any correspondence should use the email as stated below. For anyone who applied on/before 31st July and received correspondence should wait till 7th Sep first.

Customer Correspondence
A small number of enquiries have been received from applicants or third parties stating that they are awaiting correspondence, but have not received any thusfar. UKVI and UKVCAS have reviewed our contact history for those applicants, and confirmed that emails for those cases have, in fact, been sent – however, they were not picked up by third parties/immigration advisers.

We would therefore encourage you to carefully check emails received before submitting a query on an applicant’s behalf.

If, after checking your records, you wish to flag any instances where you believe a customer has not received correspondence, as outlined above, please forward the case details to: UKVACS@homeoffice.gov.uk. In the body of your email, please include: name of applicant and UAN (Unique Application Number).

Please note this is a temporary email account for enquiries regarding customer correspondence history, for those who have submitted an application before 31st July.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:42 am

Also found this on a Home Office document on a third party website, sharing FYI:
Why are some customers not eligible for biometric reuse – what does this mean?
Not all in-progress customer applications will be eligible for biometric reuse. UKVI introduced this new approach as a short-term measure in response to the impact of COVID-19 on customers. If the customer last enrolled biometrics before July 2015 (for adults and February 2018 for children) they will still need to attend an appointment at a service point. In family groups where any of the group’s fingerprints cannot be reused the family group will all need to attend a biometric enrolment appointment together at a UKVCAS Service point or a UKVI Service and Support Centre.
Some customers have been told they are eligible for biometric reuse so haven’t been able to book an appointment. Why have other applicants received their decision before them?
Covid-19 has caused unprecedented disruption to UKVI services in the UK and around the world. As local restrictions in the UK have lifted, we have developed biometric reuse for some customers in order to manage increased demand for our services whilst we operate at reduced capacity at UKVCAS service points across the UK. Where customers have been identified as eligible to use the IDV app for biometric reuse, and therefore do not need to book an appointment at a UKVCAS service point, we have reassured them that their immigration status is unaffected whilst their application is in process and the IDV app is rolled out.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:56 am

Thanks @Cullinan. I have sent them an email with my case details this morning and received this auto response. Posting here for the benefit of others.

“ Thank you for contacting UK Visas & Immigration. This is an
automated response.

Please note this is a temporary email account for enquiries for those customers that
have not been contacted by Sopra Steria Ltd (SSL) regarding the progression of
their application.

To note:

We would like to remind you that customers who have received an email
advising that they are eligible for biometric reuse will receive an IDV app
invitation in due course, so if your query relates to that you will not receive a
response.

We will not respond to queries where SSL have been in contact with the
customer, only those where initial contact has not been made regarding the
progression of the application

Resources and communications

UKVI and UKVCAS have produced guidance for customers using the IDV App,
including online Questions & Answers and a ‘How to’ animated video”

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:02 am

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that I got the ILR approval confirmation. Below are the important timelines:

#Application made: May 26th.
#Documents sent to case worker and uploaded in UKVCAS: July 2nd.
#IDV Eligibilty: Yes but opted out.
#Bio-metrics date: Aug 30th
#ILR confirmation: Sep 2nd.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:47 am

Great news!

Do the centres open for biometrics on Sundays?
imma8080 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:02 am
Hi All,

Just want to let you know that I got the ILR approval confirmation. Below are the important timelines:

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am

My bad, it was Aug 27th and not 30th.
Last edited by imma8080 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

kittycatkeeb
United States of America

Post by kittycatkeeb » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am

imma8080 wrote:
Hi All,

Congrats! Which route?

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am

Does anyone take the selfie using the IDV APP at night time? I have just read the F&Q asking the photo should have no shadow. Silly me... what would happen if the selfie is not acceptable?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 am

Gilo wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am
Does anyone take the selfie using the IDV APP at night time? I have just read the F&Q asking the photo should have no shadow. Silly me... what would happen if the selfie is not acceptable?
HO will write to you in that case and maybe you have to book an appointment then.
If the room is properly lit, it should be okay though.

Gilo
Hong Kong

Post by Gilo » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:45 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:42 am
Gilo wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am
HO will write to you in that case and maybe you have to book an appointment then.
If the room is properly lit, it should be okay though.
Thank you! Let give it the best hope !

imma8080
India

Post by imma8080 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 am

kittycatkeeb wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am
imma8080 wrote:
Hi All,

Congrats! Which route?
Tier 2 General - Set O

inkaur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inkaur » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am

We submitted biometrics using IDV on 25th Aug but no result till now. When we login on UKVCAS using a browser it's still giving us the option to book a physical appointment. Is it normal, is someone else also seeing the same behavior?

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

inkaur wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am
We submitted biometrics using IDV on 25th Aug but no result till now. When we login on UKVCAS using a browser it's still giving us the option to book a physical appointment. Is it normal, is someone else also seeing the same behavior?
Absolutely. I have done both IDV as well as physical appointment last week.

Please read my experiences that I posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1929878

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1929884

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:33 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Not heard of any IDV invites yet. Has the app turned nocturnal since Sunday? :shock:
Seems like UKVCAS is on a break. Maybe the invites resume in a day or two.
Don't want to ring any alarm bells but looking at the pattern, It could be that UKVCAS has already sent IDV invitations to everyone till July, based on application date order as they had mentioned. The multiple batches theory doesn't make sense. The temporary lull could be a prep for August applications. Which means, there is a possibility that they have misplaced or mixed up applications of the minority who haven't received the invitation yet!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:46 am

navkant wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 am
CULLINAN wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
Not heard of any IDV invites yet. Has the app turned nocturnal since Sunday? :shock:
Don't want to ring any alarm bells but looking at the pattern, It could be that UKVCAS has already sent IDV invitations to everyone till July, based on application date order as they had mentioned. The multiple batches theory doesn't make sense. The temporary lull could be a prep for August applications. Which means, there is a possibility that they have misplaced or mixed up applications of the minority who haven't received the invitation yet!
But it does not look like it is the minority who has not received the invitation. I would say most people from June did not receive them.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 pm

navkant wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
May be they are processing (forwarding to UKVI) the biometric data received so far through the IDV?

inkaur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inkaur » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:08 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am
inkaur wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am
Absolutely. I have done both IDV as well as physical appointment last week.

Please read my experiences that I posted earlier in this thread:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1929878

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1929884
Thanks a lot. I am also a bit tempted now to give the physical appointment, as I can see all the people who have given physical appointments getting results must quicker. We submitted our application on 17th April, we are really frustrated waiting to get a decision.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:23 pm

navkant wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
No need to ring alarm bells. UKVCAS is aware that they haven't sent invites. See the response received by user @SIyer
"We would like to remind you that customers who have received an email
advising that they are eligible for biometric reuse will receive an IDV app
invitation in due course
, so if your query relates to that you will not receive a
response.
"

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1930540

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:02 pm

UKVCAS today started to use Twitter to receive queries. It's worth if anyone has got a question to ask them there. If we make a critical mass of questions about certain issues, this may prompt a flash announcement on their website.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:05 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:02 pm
UKVCAS today started to use Twitter to receive queries. It's worth if anyone has got a question to ask them there. If we make a critical mass of questions about certain issues, this may prompt a flash announcement on their website.
Thats a good idea. Anyone having issues should DM UKVCAS on twitter.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:02 pm
Thanks for the direction. I have just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter. Let's see if they respond.