ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:28 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:02 pm
UKVCAS today started to use Twitter to receive queries. It's worth if anyone has got a question to ask them there. If we make a critical mass of questions about certain issues, this may prompt a flash announcement on their website.
Thanks for the direction. I have just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter. Let's see if they respond.
To my surprise UKVCAS were really quick in sending their response but was quite an expected reply. Here is my Question and response.
Question: "Hello UKVCAS, My UAN number is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and I have been shortlisted for IDV. I applied on 10-July for ILR SET (O) after a 5 year Tier 2 General. I have been waiting for the IDV invite but haven't received it yet though I have seen invites have already been sent to applicants from end of July. Invites were to be sent in the order of application date. Why haven't I received IDV invite yet?"
UKVCAS: "Hello, sorry for the wait. I've checked the system and you should receive an invite by the 7th September. Thanks"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:33 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:28 pm
Good to know. Hopefully before 7th Sep.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 pm

This is good. It means they’ve seen your name in the queue so this is at least reassuring.
All the best
iamawonder wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
UKVCAS today started to use Twitter to receive queries. It's worth if anyone has got a question to ask them there. If we make a critical mass of questions about certain issues, this may prompt a flash announcement on their website.
Thanks for the direction. I have just DM'd UKVCAS on twitter. Let's see if they respond.
To my surprise UKVCAS were really quick in sending their response but was quite an expected reply. Here is my Question and response.
Question: "Hello UKVCAS, My UAN number is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and I have been shortlisted for IDV. I applied on 10-July for ILR SET (O) after a 5 year Tier 2 General. I have been waiting for the IDV invite but haven't received it yet though I have seen invites have already been sent to applicants from end of July. Invites were to be sent in the order of application date. Why haven't I received IDV invite yet?"
UKVCAS: "Hello, sorry for the wait. I've checked the system and you should receive an invite by the 7th September. Thanks"

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:48 pm

UKVCAS confirmed through Twitter (for my DM) that the biometric data we submit through the IDV app goes straight to UKVI. But I don't know what is stopping them from making decisions for IDV users. I agree that it can take up to 6 months to get a decision on ILR application. But why do people using UKVCAS service centres get results within a month or so? I don't think luck alone plays a part!! Unfair!!!

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:50 pm

We tried to escalate our decision, and had an email saying the application has been pre assessed but they are waiting for the biometric enrolment and once we have attended a biometric appointment they will be able to continue processing the application.
Completely confused as we have done the IDV app, but now have booked a biometric appointment, as the email doesn’t mention anything about the IDV app.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 pm
This is good. It means they’ve seen your name in the queue so this is at least reassuring.
All the best
iamawonder wrote:
iamawonder wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:

Reassuring indeed for all of us who are waiting. Although I don’t see why the people in the helpline aren’t able to give us such clear answers.

pogopigi
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by pogopigi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm

pogopigi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!
Just a quick update guys in that I've received an email from Home Office Atlas today to say my ILR application was successful - very happy and relieved! This has all been a real ordeal over the last 5 months, so thank you to this board and all the moderators for all the invaluable information. Hoping others who have applied also receive a decision soon.

psoltani
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by psoltani » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:17 pm

pogopigi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!
Just a quick update guys in that I've received an email from Home Office Atlas today to say my ILR application was successful - very happy and relieved! This has all been a real ordeal over the last 5 months, so thank you to this board and all the moderators for all the invaluable information. Hoping others who have applied also receive a decision soon.
Congratulations. Could you please share your timeline if you dont mind?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:25 pm

psoltani wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:17 pm
pogopigi wrote:
pogopigi wrote:
Congratulations. Could you please share your timeline if you dont mind?

The user already posted their timeline in the appropriate thread
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... -1280.html
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:40 pm

pinku09 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:18 am
Sez30 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:02 am
We opted to use the app, but now regretting it as it doesn’t seem to be coming any time soon. We applied June 7th.
Has anyone tried opting out after the 7th August, Do you think we could?
I'm in the same situation, i tried to opt out (14/08) lets see what happens. Ideally they should allow as the app is no where ready and is expected to launch in trial early September.

I saw in the FLR(M) timeline you’d been requested to send your image? Is this because of an escalation?

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 pm

pogopigi wrote:
pogopigi wrote:
Thanks for the update.
Do you mind telling if they scanned each and every page of your passport or only the one with your face and number?

aaarandom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aaarandom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Maybe I am starting to hallucinate! but there was a post where a person mentioned that s/he got their citizenship decision after submitting through IDV app. Did anyone see this? was the post deleted?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm

aaarandom wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm
Maybe I am starting to hallucinate! but there was a post where a person mentioned that s/he got their citizenship decision after submitting through IDV app. Did anyone see this? was the post deleted?
Check the post in the BC forum. It should have been posted in the correct forum.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930762
Last edited by CULLINAN on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:09 pm

aaarandom wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:08 pm
The post was removed as it is not relevant to this ILR topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aaarandom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aaarandom » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:14 pm

ah thanks now I can see it on the BC forum. At least someone got a decision after submitting through IDV app!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Roman2316 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:16 pm
Please do not post in the topic with Citizenship related updates. This topic is for ILR and not British citizenship!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930743
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilr_applicant_2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by ilr_applicant_2020 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Has anyone tried to contact UKVCAS on 03301231199 recently? Earlier it used to get connected after waiting for 50-55 minutes but now the call automatically gets disconnected after waiting for 2 hours.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:41 pm

SIyer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
All the best
iamawonder wrote:
iamawonder wrote:

Reassuring indeed for all of us who are waiting. Although I don’t see why the people in the helpline aren’t able to give us such clear answers.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the answer I got on twitter was also very quick, yet didn't go beyond the 7 Sept / 14 Sept info which is publicly available anyway. So I don't think it's a "clear answer". Looks like they are just repeating their generic answers, at least for free now.

I'm hoping they will update the flash message at some point this week. Otherwise I don't understand why there have been no further IDV invites for the third day now.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:41 pm
SIyer wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
All the best
iamawonder wrote:

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the answer I got on twitter was also very quick, yet didn't go beyond the 7 Sept / 14 Sept info which is publicly available anyway. So I don't think it's a "clear answer". Looks like they are just repeating their generic answers, at least for free now.

I'm hoping they will update the flash message at some point this week. Otherwise I don't understand why there have been no further IDV invites for the third day now.
Most likely they have realized that their system messed up the invitations. So, they are doing one of the two things perhaps during this invitation hiatus:
1. Manually preparing a list of UANs still not invited which will be marked in the system so that their invitation software sends the invites to these UANs
2. Fixing their software itself which invites people automatically and making sure it correctly invites in date order

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:41 pm
SIyer wrote:
hobba2008 wrote:
All the best

Most likely they have realized that their system messed up the invitations. So, they are doing one of the two things perhaps during this invitation hiatus:
1. Manually preparing a list of UANs still not invited which will be marked in the system so that their invitation software sends the invites to these UANs
2. Fixing their software itself which invites people automatically and making sure it correctly invites in date order
All these are mere suppositions. The reality is most likely very different. It is not too hard to imagine that most people at UKVCAS are oblivious of April/May applicants not invited for IDV app.

When I went for appointment at Croydon last weekend, I mentioned about the IDV app photo quality, and the staff there drew a blank. They asked me: "What is the IDV app?" Then, the staff doing my biometrics asked the neighbouring station, who also drew a complete blank about IDV mobile app. My experience with call centre staff is the same. They really just give out standardised answers.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm

My situation:

I understand UKVCAS have mentioned they would invite IDV eligible customers who applied in August by Sep 14.
I applied SET(LR) on Aug 29th(Saturday evening) and the payment was debited only on Tuesday(Sep 1st)
I dont know if I am considered as an August or September applicant :?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:17 pm
Roman2316 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:16 pm
Please do not post in the topic with Citizenship related updates. This topic is for ILR and not British citizenship!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930743
Dear Moderator,

I respectfully disagree. The IDV app and bioemtrics-delays have nothing to do with the type of application. It is the same process for Tier 1, Tier 2, ILR, and citizenship applications.

It was a wrong design to separate the same topic into two threads, and then chastising members for posting on the 'wrong' forum.

Does this platform allow the merging of the two threads discussing biometric delays?

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm

I just noticed someone on FB reported getting an IDV invite today with the application date 16 July.

Just FYI

Maybe they are really going through the remaining ones manually...

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:30 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

When I went for appointment at Croydon last weekend, I mentioned about the IDV app photo quality, and the staff there drew a blank. They asked me: "What is the IDV app?" Then, the staff doing my biometrics asked the neighbouring station, who also drew a complete blank about IDV mobile app. My experience with call centre staff is the same. They really just give out standardised answers.

All these are mere suppositions. The reality is most likely very different. It is not too hard to imagine that most people at UKVCAS are oblivious of April/May applicants not invited for IDV app.
The person taking your biometrics at the service centre and the customer care executives are provided with a very specific training and are probably not re-trained or freshly trained with these continuously changing circumstances. They probably get a very strict set of guidelines to stick to. The real game happens at their back office and what's going on in reality can only be told by someone from their backoffice. Whether they are struggling with software issues or the volume of applications or lack of coordination between different departments or something else..

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:55 pm

poper wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm
My situation:

I understand UKVCAS have mentioned they would invite IDV eligible customers who applied in August by Sep 14.
I applied SET(LR) on Aug 29th(Saturday evening) and the payment was debited only on Tuesday(Sep 1st)
I dont know if I am considered as an August or September applicant :?
The document checklist will have the submitted date at the top where you can see the payment details