ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Appointments and documents upload

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sean2606
United Kingdom

UKVCAS Appointments and documents upload

Post by sean2606 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I have just completed and paid for my wife's SET(M) Indefinate Leave to Remain. I assumed all documents would need to be posted as done previously with her FLR(M) until i received the email about UKVCAS. I can't seem to find any available appointment for almost 3 weeks anywhere in the south of England (as we live in Southampton).

My first question, do they tend to add new appointments regularly?
or
will they email us when appointments are made available? as their email states 'Please continue with your registration and we will contact you and update the website when appointments are available for you to book. Until then, whilst the re-opened sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment'. We have until 21/10/2020 to book an appointment.

Secondly, when uploading documents do they need to be uploaded one page at a time?

E.g I am paid weekly, so do i upload weekly payslips separately, monthly or scan 28 pages together and upload them at once? i don't want to make a mistake by uploading onc document at a time only to realize that it has been sumbtted as then it the uploaded document can not be removed.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sean

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS Appointments and documents upload

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 am

sean2606 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:10 pm
Hi All,

I have just completed and paid for my wife's SET(M) Indefinate Leave to Remain. I assumed all documents would need to be posted as done previously with her FLR(M) until i received the email about UKVCAS. I can't seem to find any available appointment for almost 3 weeks anywhere in the south of England (as we live in Southampton). No postal application again, all done online.

or
will they email us when appointments are made available? as their email states 'Please continue with your registration and we will contact you and update the website when appointments are available for you to book. Until then, whilst the re-opened sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment'. We have until 21/10/2020 to book an appointment. Even if promise to contact you, it is on you to keep checking UKVCAS to find appointment and updates, you may also want to check other centres not in your immediate vicinity. Due to pandemic, you will not be penalized even if you exceed 21/10/2020 for appointment

Secondly, when uploading documents do they need to be uploaded one page at a time?

E.g I am paid weekly, so do i upload weekly payslips separately, monthly or scan 28 pages together and upload them at once? i don't want to make a mistake by uploading onc document at a time only to realize that it has been sumbtted as then it the uploaded document can not be removed. You can scan several pages together, only ensure they are legible and do not exceed the size limit. Also, arrange and name them accordingly to make easy for caseworker to make sense of things.

Kind Regards

Sean

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:30 am

sean2606 wrote:
Hi All,

I have just completed and paid for my wife's SET(M) Indefinate Leave to Remain. I assumed all documents would need to be posted as done previously with her FLR(M) until i received the email about UKVCAS. I can't seem to find any available appointment for almost 3 weeks anywhere in the south of England (as we live in Southampton).

or
will they email us when appointments are made available? as their email states 'Please continue with your registration and we will contact you and update the website when appointments are available for you to book. Until then, whilst the re-opened sites will appear on the website, you will not be able to find or book an appointment'. We have until 21/10/2020 to book an appointment.

E.g I am paid weekly, so do i upload weekly payslips separately, monthly or scan 28 pages together and upload them at once? i don't want to make a mistake by uploading onc document at a time only to realize that it has been sumbtted as then it the uploaded document can not be removed.

Kind Regards

Sean
A development due to COVID-19, if you are eligible for the reuse of biometrics already held by HO, you will be informed and told how to go about it and may therefore not even require to go UKVCAS for the appointment, so keep checking.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:25 am

sean2606 wrote:
The appointments are opening up in phases. The system is not open for August applicants. You will have to wait for official communication via email.
Check the following for updates:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Follow this topic for queries related to biometrics appointments:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 99639.html

You can upload any file size upto 6MB. Best to keep yoir documents organised. For example all pages of passport in 1 PDF file etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:48 am

Thank you all for your much appreciated help and advice.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am

A quick Question: when uploading documents on the UKVCAS website, do each of the categories need to have atleast one document uploaded? We have 2 categories 'Proof of Business' and 'Medical Information' but nothing t add to both these categories.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm

sean2606 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am
A quick Question: when uploading documents on the UKVCAS website, do each of the categories need to have atleast one document uploaded? We have 2 categories 'Proof of Business' and 'Medical Information' but nothing t add to both these categories.
No. The categories are generic.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:02 pm
sean2606 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 am
No.
Thanks for the quick reply CR001

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:48 pm

Another Question:
I have uploaded all my documents, but don't see any 'Submit' button.... have i missed something?

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:54 pm

sean2606 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:48 pm
Another Question:
I have uploaded all my documents, but don't see any 'Submit' button.... have i missed something?
Please ignore.. i have found the submit button

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi again, was just wondering what happens once you submit the documents via the UKVCAS website. After clicking submit all I got was 'Thank you' and I can still upload additional documents.

Once submitted, are the documents first checked by UKVCAS, if nothing else is required they then forward them to UKVI?

If UKVCAS require anymore documents, these can then be uploaded; is that the reason the upload option is still available?

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Submit sends them straight to ukvi. You can only click submit once. You won't get the option again if you upload more documents.

Ukcvas is only a third party agent for biometric enrollment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:36 pm
Submit sends them straight to ukvi. You can only click submit once. You won't get the option again if you upload more documents.

Ukcvas is only a third party agent for biometric enrollment.
Thanks for the reply CR001.... I wonder why they have that option .... only to confuse people like me. :roll:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:47 pm

You can upload more but would need to check at the biomterics appointment that they have submitted it for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:47 pm
You can upload more but would need to check at the biomterics appointment that they have submitted it for you.
Thanks once again CR001