ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pogopigi
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by pogopigi » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Toxic wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!
Just a quick update guys in that I've received an email from Home Office Atlas today to say my ILR application was successful - very happy and relieved! This has all been a real ordeal over the last 5 months, so thank you to this board and all the moderators for all the invaluable information. Hoping others who have applied also receive a decision soon.
Thanks for the update.
Do you mind telling if they scanned each and every page of your passport or only the one with your face and number?
The lady told me they are required to scan the first 30 pages including the ID page, so this took some time. I had stamps beyond the first 30 pages so not sure if those were scanned as well.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:59 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm
Dear Moderator,

I respectfully disagree. The IDV app and bioemtrics-delays have nothing to do with the type of application. It is the same process for Tier 1, Tier 2, ILR, and citizenship applications.

It was a wrong design to separate the same topic into two threads, and then chastising members for posting on the 'wrong' forum.

Does this platform allow the merging of the two threads discussing biometric delays?
I would disagree. I think the topics related to biometrics for ILR and BC should be kept separate.

Although, the biometrics itself is same for both ILR & BC, but timelines/related scenarios are different.

Having a same topic for both BC and ILR can easily cause confusion and hard to keep track off.

All moderators are unpaid volunteers, who put a lot of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly for free.

Help them with sticking to the forum rules/topic specifics.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:59 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:11 pm
Dear Moderator,

I respectfully disagree. The IDV app and bioemtrics-delays have nothing to do with the type of application. It is the same process for Tier 1, Tier 2, ILR, and citizenship applications.

It was a wrong design to separate the same topic into two threads, and then chastising members for posting on the 'wrong' forum.

Does this platform allow the merging of the two threads discussing biometric delays?
I would disagree. I think the topics related to biometrics for ILR and BC should be kept separate.

Although, the biometrics itself is same for both ILR & BC, but timelines/related scenarios are different.

Having a same topic for both BC and ILR can easily cause confusion and hard to keep track off.

All moderators are unpaid volunteers, who put a lot of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly for free.

Help them with sticking to the forum rules/topic specifics.
Agree that :
  • Standard differences exist for these two categories of application.
  • Historically/traditionally, the timelines for an ILR & citizenship is likely different.
Perhaps this was what motivated the creation of two separate threads (under the assumption that the same differences shall percolate into the waiting period for the biometrics).

However, just looking at the pure facts from March until now, from the perspective of biometrics-delays i.e. the time elapsed from the point of submitting UKVI online application (& paying the fees) to the date of submitting biometrics to UKVCAS, it has been irrespective of the applicant's category. Beyond the point of submitting biometrics, things may diverge reverting to UKVI decision-making timelines.

If you really want to maintain separate threads, why are there no Covid-19 related biometric threads for Tier1 and Tier2 applicants? Where are they supposed to discuss their biometric-delay related issues?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:19 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:10 pm
ILR - whichever category, Tier 1, 2 etc falls under the immigration rules. However, BC falls under the Nationality law. You simply can not combine both.

As I previously said, members tend to discuss ILR related scenarios specific to ILR in this thread also which are completely irrelevant to BC or Nationality laws and vice versa.

Hope this clears it all.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:30 pm

Also, I would reiterate:

Please help them with sticking to the forum rules/topic specifics. This will make it a better experience and help everyone

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:19 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:10 pm
ILR - whichever category, Tier 1, 2 etc falls under the immigration rules. However, BC falls under the Nationality law. You simply can not combine both.

As I previously said, members tend to discuss ILR related scenarios specific to ILR in this thread also which are completely irrelevant to BC or Nationality laws and vice versa.

Hope this clears it all.
I don't want to combine ILR and BC. That would obviously be incorrect. I wanted to combine the threads discussing "biometrics-related" delays and IDV app currently separately located in two forum (BC and ILR). Even UKVCAS just publishes a common set of guidelines irrespective of the application type.

This thread does not discuss any other scenarios exclusive to ILR. It specifically discusses only biometrics-related delays. If you could be open for an objective poll on this matter, it would signal an intent of openness and welcome.

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:51 pm

razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:06 am
So I Sent my biometrics via IDV on the 25th of August, but as many of you, the 5-6 months wait has taken the best of me...

Thinking of booking an appointment to take my biometrics in person even though I already sent it via IDV. Do you think this is ludacris or would affect my application? I’m just fed up to see July applicants getting their decisions after 3 working days whilst the rest of us are in the dark.

Moderators - apologies if this is an irrelevant question. Please feel free to delete if so.
I have booked an appointment for the 7th now. If the results come in before that (wishful thinking) I’ll just cancel it then. I’ll keep you posted if my decision comes after sending my biometrics through the UKVCAS centre!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:56 pm

pogopigi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:56 pm
Toxic wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:08 pm
pogopigi wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:55 pm
Happy Friday guys - had my biometric appointment this morning in Victora. I brought all my documents but they only scanned my passport pages and nothing else was checked. Fingers (and toes) crossed now!
Just a quick update guys in that I've received an email from Home Office Atlas today to say my ILR application was successful - very happy and relieved! This has all been a real ordeal over the last 5 months, so thank you to this board and all the moderators for all the invaluable information. Hoping others who have applied also receive a decision soon.
Thanks for the update.
Do you mind telling if they scanned each and every page of your passport or only the one with your face and number?
The lady told me they are required to scan the first 30 pages including the ID page, so this took some time. I had stamps beyond the first 30 pages so not sure if those were scanned as well.
Alright ok.
I am guessing its only for your current passport and which was valid throughout ur stay in uk?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm
This thread does not discuss any other scenarios exclusive to ILR. It specifically discusses only biometrics-related delays. If you could be open for an objective poll on this matter, it would signal an intent of openness and welcome.
Probably you did not read the contents posted in this topic. Members discuss CW emails to documents sent to CW via email etc to what not i.e. all related ILR scenarios NOT only biometrics delay.

I will repeat, its not easy to devote your precious time when you have a family/job etc VOLUNTARILY to moderate or help others for FREE. Its NOT an easy task to moderate multiple fast moving threads. Appreciate the FREE help everyone gets here. No one pays here so its best to follow the forum rules.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:39 pm
Probably you did not read the contents posted in this topic. Members discuss CW emails to documents sent to CW via email etc to what not i.e. all related ILR scenarios NOT only biometrics delay.

I will repeat, its not easy to devote your precious time when you have a family/job etc VOLUNTARILY to moderate or help others for FREE. Its NOT an easy task to moderate multiple fast moving threads. Appreciate the FREE help everyone gets here. No one pays here so its best to follow the forum rules.
Alright. I have no choice but to toe the line.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that UKVCAS treatment of applicants is the same. Essentially they got monopoly and their rationale is akin to yours (caseworkers are overburdened with backlog => moderators have other stuff to do).

Such chastising would have been reasonable if I was posting random unconnected information. Instead, I am raising a relevant point of merging biometric-delay related threads since it is category agnostic.

Instead, a standard templated response is given. Isn't it the same style adopted by UKVCAS to its applicants? Ultimately, it can be viewed as a very mild form of abuse of power.

Anyway, I have raised enough points and shall not continue anymore with this specific request.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:49 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:19 pm
Perhaps it is worth pointing out that UKVCAS treatment of applicants is the same. Essentially they got monopoly and their rationale is akin to yours (caseworkers are overburdened with backlog => moderators have other stuff to do).
Usually I am known NOT to loose my temper and be very patient but you are pushing my limits.

You PAY UKVI/UKVCAS to process your application so your rant is justified to them but NOT on this forum. Please call UKVI/UKVCAS helpline and make them listen to your continuous complains.

Moderators or anyone helping you or other members are doing it for FREE. You are NOT paying us. You are NOT paying anything to this forum either. So this forum/we are not bound to cater your unnecessary demands. So do not compare us with UKVI/UKVCAS.

There are specific forum rules which have to be followed otherwise moderators have the authority to block users.

Also, please spend minimum 2/3 hours daily for at least 7/8 YEARS daily on this forum to help others voluntarily. Please do not vanish from this forum as soon your application is decided. Come back and help others. Only then you will know what Moderators/Senior Members do sacrificing their precious time for free to help others.

I will not be responding any further to your rant as this is taking this thread OFF topic.

Cheers.

Love for All, Hatred for None

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Quick update everyone that I received the IDV invite email about 30 mins back. Just saw it now when I was doing my random email check. It’s just a matter of time that the rest of you will get it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 pm

SIyer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:59 pm
Quick update everyone that I received the IDV invite email about 30 mins back. Just saw it now when I was doing my random email check. It’s just a matter of time that the rest of you will get it.
Thanks @Cullinan. I have sent them an email with my case details this morning and received this auto response. Posting here for the benefit of others.

“ Thank you for contacting UK Visas & Immigration. This is an
automated response.
So probably the email you sent earlier worked?

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:03 pm

SIyer wrote:
What's your application date please

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:04 pm

SIyer wrote:
Congrats, this is great news! Hopefully all "second batch" get their soon

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Rags1238 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:03 pm
SIyer wrote:
What's your application date please
OP applied on 23rd April. Also OP sent an email to UKVCAS today and got a generic response.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 pm

razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:51 pm
razzmatazz wrote:
So I Sent my biometrics via IDV on the 25th of August, but as many of you, the 5-6 months wait has taken the best of me...

Thinking of booking an appointment to take my biometrics in person even though I already sent it via IDV. Do you think this is ludacris or would affect my application? I’m just fed up to see July applicants getting their decisions after 3 working days whilst the rest of us are in the dark.

Moderators - apologies if this is an irrelevant question. Please feel free to delete if so.
I have booked an appointment for the 7th now. If the results come in before that (wishful thinking) I’ll just cancel it then. I’ll keep you posted if my decision comes after sending my biometrics through the UKVCAS centre!
If you have booked appointment, then your biometric might appear pending in their system until your physical appointment. So your chances of getting approval before that are slim. This is my personal thinking. Will be happy if you get approval before as this would clarify a few more doubts between IDV vs Biometric.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm

SIyer wrote:
Really happy for you as you have been long time waiting and were disappointed in the first round. Good to see the backlog being cleared again.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:18 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:01 pm
SIyer wrote:
Thanks @Cullinan. I have sent them an email with my case details this morning and received this auto response. Posting here for the benefit of others.

“ Thank you for contacting UK Visas & Immigration. This is an
automated response.
So probably the email you sent earlier worked?
If the other applicants who are waiting also receive it starting tonight I’d say “second batch” otherwise I’d say email worked.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:23 pm

There are appointments available at Lansdowne road on Friday. Toss up between IDV and submitting at the centre. Considering the positive results for in person biometrics I’m inclined to book an appointment, what do you guys think?

razzmatazz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by razzmatazz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:27 pm

SIyer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:23 pm
There are appointments available at Lansdowne road on Friday. Toss up between IDV and submitting at the centre. Considering the positive results for in person biometrics I’m inclined to book an appointment, what do you guys think?
I have made my appointment for next Tuesday (8th) but already have submitted picture via IDV. imo I would go with an appointment if I were you.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:37 pm

SIyer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:55 pm
poper wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm
My situation:

I understand UKVCAS have mentioned they would invite IDV eligible customers who applied in August by Sep 14.
I applied SET(LR) on Aug 29th(Saturday evening) and the payment was debited only on Tuesday(Sep 1st)
I dont know if I am considered as an August or September applicant :?
The document checklist will have the submitted date at the top where you can see the payment details
Thanks Slyer. Document checklist is generated as soon as you submit the application and hence shows Aug 29th. Fingers crossed, I receive an update by 14th September
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:14 pm
SIyer wrote:
Really happy for you as you have been long time waiting and were disappointed in the first round. Good to see the backlog being cleared again.
Thanks Buddy!

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:55 pm

I cannot think but that the physical appointment works faster than IDV app. In fact, we have not seen any ILR applicant with IDV reported they have received a decision. So the theory that appointment guarantees faster decision is still valid. I saw today in SET (O) timeline a fellow august applicant who have received a decision today! I guess this is the first August applicant to have reported a decision on this forum.

The only thing now is whether those who resort to appointment when they are invited to submit through the app will get a quick decision too. i will be in this boat in a matter of days when I receive the invite..Shakespearian way ... to App or not App, that is the question.
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:12 pm
razzmatazz wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:51 pm
razzmatazz wrote:

If you have booked appointment, then your biometric might appear pending in their system until your physical appointment. So your chances of getting approval before that are slim. This is my personal thinking. Will be happy if you get approval before as this would clarify a few more doubts between IDV vs Biometric.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:02 pm

@Carrington1234 and @har_p3 have you received the IDV invite today? Just curious as @SIyer who was one of the early applicants like you got it today. Would be interested to know how fast is it moving in this second round.