ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Procedure and documents for renewing Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AugustineOrtiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Procedure and documents for renewing Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Post by AugustineOrtiz » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:35 pm

My Stamp 4 EUFAM is set to end in a few weeks time. From what I can gather online, I need to fill out a renewal application through https://inisonline.jahs.ie/. However, the document requirements aren't very clear beyond providing my own identification details and a copy of the original EU4FAM letter. Under additional required documents it asks for a marriage/civil partnership certificate. My partner and I were not married or in a civil partnership. This was not asked for or required when the initial application was sent in 5 years ago.

Also, the website will not let me submit the application more than 4 weeks before the visa expiration date. So how long does it take to process the renewal application? It took 8 months to process the first application. I don't believe the renewal will be processed within 4 weeks, especially given covid.

Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Procedure and documents for renewing Stamp 4 EUFAM?

Post by littlerr » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:52 pm

Have you applied for your EU3? This website is for renewal of registration. It’s not where you apply for a permission. You must have an approval letter for Permanent Residence before you can use this.

AugustineOrtiz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AugustineOrtiz » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:54 pm

I did not. I have never heard of this form. So Stamp 4 leads straight to EU3?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:17 pm

You would have been in serious trouble, as you are supposed to apply for EU3 six months before your current permission expires. Your original application is called EU1, which allows you to live here for 5 years. Before that expires, you must apply for EU3 which allows you to live here permanently.

Lucky for you, due to COVID-19, the government may have to give you temporary permission. However, you MUST submit your EU3 application before 20 Sept.

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

Post by griffith » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:56 pm

How long the minister is taking to reply these days?
I mean response time when you first submit an EU3 ?
Stay strong & never Give up!