ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

famiily extend

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hp2
United Kingdom

famiily extend

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi people!

I am on ILR since Jan 2019. I can go for the Naturalisaion anytime now!
My wife is on FLR(M) on the 1st extension, she is in due next extenstion for FLR(M) family route in July 2021.

My questions: 1. Can my wife extend her visa in India?
2. How about if the baby born in India, whether the new born apply for any settlement status as I am on ILR? is there any difference will be occrued if changed to British status where my wife still on Family route where she will be eligible for ILR in ealry 2024.
3. Dont know what should be fare play for both, wife & and if the baby born in India?
4. how long can she stay in india on her family route visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: famiily extend

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:49 pm

1. Extensions on FLR(M) are for within the UK only. Applications from outside the UK it is an entry clearance visa.

2. If a child is born abroad before you are British, then the child has to follow the same visa route as the mother and apply for a visa and ILR before they can apply for citizenship. If the child is born in the UK, the child will be British automatically and can apply directly for a British passport.

3. What do you mean 'fare play'. The visa fees for applications outside the UK are £1523 EACH plus IHS of £1875 (IHS is increasing in October).

4. There is no absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:49 pm
1. Extensions on FLR(M) are for within the UK only. Applications from outside the UK it is an entry clearance visa.

2. If a child is born abroad before you are British, then the child has to follow the same visa route as the mother and apply for a visa and ILR before they can apply for citizenship. If the child is born in the UK, the child will be British automatically and can apply directly for a British passport.

3. What do you mean 'fare play'. The visa fees for applications outside the UK are £1523 EACH plus IHS of £1875 (IHS is increasing in October).

4. There is no absence limit.
thank you,

Question here at 2. If I am british, how about the child born in outside of the UK( in India) where my wife is still be on FLR(M) fmaily route? what visa should I apply for the child as if am British?

Question on 4 again: so there is no such a time like 90 days or 180 days or year so on? as she will be staying in India for more than a year and then she will be applying for her ILR when she's back. how this work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Question here at 2. If I am british, how about the child born in outside of the UK( in India) where my wife is still be on FLR(M) fmaily route? what visa should I apply for the child as if am British?
The child will be British by descent. They cannot apply for a visa as a British citizen cannot be subject to immigration control. You can apply directly for a British passport, however note that this can take anywhere between 16 weeks and 12 months from India.
Question on 4 again: so there is no such a time like 90 days or 180 days or year so on? as she will be staying in India for more than a year and then she will be applying for her ILR when she's back. how this work?
No there is no absence limit. Has she left the UK already? When were you planning on apply for an entry clearance visa if she is going to be away for more than a year?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:52 pm
The child will be British by descent. They cannot apply for a visa as a British citizen cannot be subject to immigration control. You can apply directly for a British passport, however note that this can take anywhere between 16 weeks and 12 months from India.
No there is no absence limit. Has she left the UK already? When were you planning on apply for an entry clearance visa if she is going to be away for more than a year?
No. she has not left the UK yet as we are planning for our best and saving on time and money.

Can you please tell me what application should I be make up for the child as British in India?

How early my wife can apply for her extenstion FLR(M) application which is due in July 2021? so we can plan our things better way of working for us.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm

No. she has not left the UK yet as we are planning for our best and saving on time and money.
When is the child due to be born? To be honest, your best and cheapest option is to have the baby in the UK. Apply for a 1 week fast track British passport for the child and then travel. It is also cheaper and easier to extend your wifes visa within the UK.
Can you please tell me what application should I be make up for the child as British in India?
British passport or otherwise an Indian passport and apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode.
How early my wife can apply for her extenstion FLR(M) application which is due in July 2021? so we can plan our things better way of working for us.
When is she planning to travel?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:06 pm
When is the child due to be born? To be honest, your best and cheapest option is to have the baby in the UK. Apply for a 1 week fast track British passport for the child and then travel. It is also cheaper and easier to extend your wifes visa within the UK.
British passport or otherwise an Indian passport and apply for a certificate of entitlement to right of abode.
When is she planning to travel?
She is planning to travel by Mid March or April, how early she can apply for her extension as due in July 2021.

Question raised here: when I changed to British, whether can she stay on the same family route FLR(M) and doing her extenstion and apply for her ILR after? or any reset for her if I am British?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:39 pm

hp2 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:28 pm

She is planning to travel by Mid March or April, how early she can apply for her extension as due in July 2021.

Question raised here: when I changed to British, whether can she stay on the same family route FLR(M) and doing her extenstion and apply for her ILR after? or any reset for her if I am British?
Same visa is for ILR/British passport holder. And extension can be applied after 30 months minus 28 days from the time of entering the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:05 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:39 pm
hp2 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Same visa is for ILR/British passport holder. And extension can be applied after 30 months minus 28 days from the time of entering the UK.
Ok here: She is here in the UK since July 2015 on dependant visa of mine during her stay in the UK.
We got her spouse visa in Jan 2019 where we would need to extend her visa for another 2.5 years in order to go for the ILR.
Question: how about if I apply for naturalisation then how about her status? can she continue her stay on same route? or is there exeption for the British and to the Spouse visa holder? as in can she apply for her visa in India for a fresh Family route application and apply for the ILR after 30 months?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Question: how about if I apply for naturalisation then how about her status? can she continue her stay on same route?

Her route doesn't change. It is the same visa whether you hold ilr or British citizenship.
or is there exeption for the British and to the Spouse visa holder?

No exceptions and pregnancy isn't a compelling and compassionate Eason either.
as in can she apply for her visa in India for a fresh Family route application and apply for the ILR after 30 months?
This depends on your answers to the questions I asked in my one of last posts.
CR001 wrote:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:40 pm
Question: how about if I apply for naturalisation then how about her status? can she continue her stay on same route?

Her route doesn't change. It is the same visa whether you hold ilr or British citizenship.
or is there exeption for the British and to the Spouse visa holder?

No exceptions and pregnancy isn't a compelling and compassionate Eason either.
as in can she apply for her visa in India for a fresh Family route application and apply for the ILR after 30 months?
This depends on your answers to the questions I asked in my one of last posts.
CR001 wrote:
we are planing in March end or 1st week of April and where her 1st FLR M expires in July 2021. she would likely to be stay for a couple of months (November /December 2021). so what is the solution? will her clock reset for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:23 pm

When do you plan on applying for a visa from India?? It is unclear from your post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:23 pm
When do you plan on applying for a visa from India?? It is unclear from your post.
Ok, we have not planned yet as looking for a solution that works better when she's apply from India.

Now, we have her extension in July 2021, here, how about we are not renewing it here in the UK of FLR(M) Extension, and we would like to apply for her visa after 6 months in this case. so, would that be still continuity for towards ILR for her FLR(M) again in out of the UK (INDIA).

Asking all these for a purpose that we are trying to find a best solution for us that suits our sitution.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 pm

Apply in which months for a visa from India?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 pm

hp2 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 pm
. so, would that be still continuity for towards ILR for her FLR(M) again in out of the UK (INDIA).
No because you will have to reapply from scratch with new ILR clock.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:01 pm
Apply in which months for a visa from India?
I have clearly stated that would like to apply by December 2021 in INDIA.

So now, how about her status that towards ILR if we did not extend her visa in the UK.

hp2
United Kingdom

Post by hp2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:02 pm
hp2 wrote:
. so, would that be still continuity for towards ILR for her FLR(M) again in out of the UK (INDIA).
Ok, What application should we need make in this case then?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:10 pm

She won't qualify for ilr then and will have to start her qualifying residence period from scratch with a new 5 year (2 X 2.5 years visas) before she can apply for ilr.

You did not state to apply for a visa in December, you stated she wanted to stay till around November or December.

You need to be more clear and specific in your posts and information if you expect strangers in the forum to try help you!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:11 pm

hp2 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 pm
seagul wrote:
hp2 wrote:
A new entry clearance spouse visa application. It can take up to 3 months, often longer, for a decision form India. You also have to meet all the same English and financial requirements and adequate accommodation again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 pm

hp2 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 pm
seagul wrote:
hp2 wrote:
You have to repeat the same process of entry clearance.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1595506133