ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:34 am

Tweet from UKVCAS this morning

"Morning, our DMs are now back open! Please send your query with your UAN, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks - GS"

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am

Just to update my timeline for anyone interested.
Made application on August 5th, FLR(M)
Got email "Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app" with eligibility saying invitation will be sent by 14th September.

Still no email.

HKN123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HKN123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 am

Morning all - I applied on 31st July and gave my in-person biometrics on 1st Sep and received the home Office Atlas email today morning advising my application is successful. I am indebted to this forum for keeping me sane through this stressful period and providing timely updates that are useful to all. Hang in there folks - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Happy to share my experience if that is useful to anyone

nikhil_18in
Newly Registered
India

Post by nikhil_18in » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am

HKN123 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 am
Morning all - I applied on 31st July and gave my in-person biometrics on 1st Sep and received the home Office Atlas email today morning advising my application is successful. I am indebted to this forum for keeping me sane through this stressful period and providing timely updates that are useful to all. Hang in there folks - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Happy to share my experience if that is useful to anyone
Hey, Heartiest Congratulations, Do you mind Sharing the Centre and time of the Bio Appt please?

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 am

damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am
Just to update my timeline for anyone interested.
Made application on August 5th, FLR(M)
Got email "Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app" with eligibility saying invitation will be sent by 14th September.

Still no email.
I'm in the same boat.

My theory is now that they won't start sending us emails until 8 September, once finished with March-July applicants. I hoped we could get something earlier, but this hope is fading... Gutted we weren't even given the opportunity to opt out!

inkaur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by inkaur » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 am

Has anyone with IDV submission got a decision? It's really frustrating not sure what is happening with people who submitted through IDV app as those doing in-person appointments getting a decision within 1 week.
We are confused to wait for a decision or apply for a physical biometric appointment

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 am

Any news/ update on anyone getting a decision for their SET-F application via IDV App?

Is there a way to find out if UKVI has received the documents and biometrics for the applicants using the IDV app ?

One cannot get any information by contacting UKVI Telephone: 0300 123 2241, so any email ID where the status can be requested?

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 am
Any news/ update on anyone getting a decision for their SET-F application via IDV App?

Is there a way to find out if UKVI has received the documents and biometrics for the applicants using the IDV app ?

One cannot get any information by contacting UKVI Telephone: 0300 123 2241, so any email ID where the status can be requested?

by asap8 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:48 pm
UKVCAS confirmed through Twitter (for my DM) that the biometric data we submit through the IDV app goes straight to UKVI.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 am

asap8 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

UKVCAS confirmed through Twitter (for my DM) that the biometric data we submit through the IDV app goes straight to UKVI.
This is in contrast to what the caseworker said over phone to one of the applicant. Not sure whom to beleive?

Vishm
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vishm » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am

I have submitted my ILR Set (O) application on 15 August 2020. I have received an email from UKVCAS yesterday evening to book an appointment. I have booked an appointment on 28 Sept at Croydon. I have uploaded all the documents on the UKVCAS site and Just need to click on submit.
Anyone can help me with what documents I need to take with me on my appointment day?
Last edited by Vishm on Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vishm
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vishm » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am

I have submitted my ILR Set (O) application on 15 August 2020. I have received an email from UKVCAS yesterday evening to book an appointment. I have booked an appointment on 28 Sept at Croydon. I have uploaded all the documents on the UKVCAS site and Just need to click on submit.
Anyone can help me with what documents I need to take with me on my appointment day?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:59 am

Vishm wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:46 am
There is plenty of information available on this thread regarding documents to carry. Please read through pages in reverse order. Or you could search using the search facility.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 am
asap8 wrote:
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

This is in contrast to what the caseworker said over phone to one of the applicant. Not sure whom to beleive?
What did they say over phone?

HKN123
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HKN123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:13 pm

nikhil_18in wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am
HKN123 wrote:
Hey, Heartiest Congratulations, Do you mind Sharing the Centre and time of the Bio Appt please?
Sure, it was the Lansdowne Road, morning slot

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 pm

asap8 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:36 am
asap8 wrote:
ROHITSHAH4 wrote:

What did they say over phone?
https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... l#p1930587

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:24 pm

I don't think it contradicts what UKVCAS have said. I think UKVI have a team going through the IDV data, not UKVCAS.

TN1593
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TN1593 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm

ILR Set M
ONline application: 24/7
Uploaded all documents: 31/7
Opted out: 10/8
Booked appointment: Manchester 27/8
Email with decision: 11:56am 3/9

This forum has helped me a lot, I decided to opt out from using the app by going through the comments.
I did pay £70 for an appointment but most appointments in manchester are in the evening for £110.
Hope this info helps.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:24 pm
I don't think it contradicts what UKVCAS have said. I think UKVI have a team going through the IDV data, not UKVCAS.
Agree with you, because UKVI holds our previous biometric data, not the UKVCAS.

ManDoKOP
Newly Registered
India

Post by ManDoKOP » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:36 pm

HKN123 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:13 pm
nikhil_18in wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am
HKN123 wrote:
Sure, it was the Lansdowne Road, morning slot
I was there too for 8:30 AM slot. But mine is Tier 1 Innovator Visa, I applied on July 30th.

By the way, Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing mine soon. :)

matthew20
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by matthew20 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Unfortunately within the group that decided to use the app. Application was July 20th. Have not received invite yet.

I contacted UKVCAS through DM twitter and thought I would summarize:
- asked to check if we will receive invite by Sept 7th - response: checked system and you should receive an invite to use the app by Sept 7th
- asked if we wanted to book an appointment now rather than use app, if we could - response: You're not able to opt out of the app, so you won't be able to do an in-person appointment.
- mentioned that some people have been able to once received access to app - response: You're not given the option to book an appointment unless you experience issues when using the app
- confirmed then there is absolutely no option to opt-out - response: Yes there isn't any option to opt out now. Even if you were able to, there is no guarantee that will be quicker than using the app
- pointed out that many of those who opted-out have received their appointments and decisions already, very frustrating, haven't heard of anyone submitting through app receiving decision - response: The decision process does not lie with us but with UKVI. It might be worth contacting them directly: CIH@homeoffice.gov.uk 0800 678 1767
- then got them to confirm they are responsible for the app, and that once invited and you submit successfully your info is passed DIRECTLY to UKVI (they do no further processing)
- and finally, said it would be very helpful if they could reveal the scheduling around the app invites, mentioning there are those with appointments from Mar/Apr that are still waiting - response: Sorry I am unable to answer your question, all I can do is reassure that you'll receive an invite by the 7th. Thanks

Not sure if any of this will be useful, except for maybe confirming that once submission is successful through app, the data is passed directly to UKVI - so any questions on processing/delays after should be directed to them and not UKVCAS.

zeo2020
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by zeo2020 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Hi all,
Just an update, my family and I applied on 19th April and we were the ones still waiting for IDV app invitation. We finally received it last night and today we submitted our biometrics via IDV app. Even though our visa route is not same with the people following this thread, this thread is the most active one about IDV app & helped us a lot to track the whole process.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm

matthew20 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 pm
You're not given the option to book an appointment unless you experience issues when using the app
This sounds horrible and I really hope it's not true.
My only hope was to book an appointment as soon as I receive the email and be out of this vicious IDV cycle!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 pm

nash4elovek wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm
matthew20 wrote:
You're not given the option to book an appointment unless you experience issues when using the app
My only hope was to book an appointment as soon as I receive the email and be out of this vicious IDV cycle!
I wouldn't take that statement at face value. As far as we have heard other people's experiences, biometric appointments open as soon as the IDV access is given. People who received IDV recently in last 2 days can confirm this.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Yes I can confirm biometrics appointments open as soon as IDV app invite comes. Also, even after submitting via the IDV app, the appointments tend to remain open.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

matthew20
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by matthew20 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:43 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:39 pm
nash4elovek wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm
matthew20 wrote:
I wouldn't take that statement at face value. As far as we have heard other people's experiences, biometric appointments open as soon as the IDV access is given. People who received IDV recently in last 2 days can confirm this.
Yes, I would agree - I didn't press any further as I know others receiving the app invite have then been able to book an appointment if they wanted, and I trust that over UKVCAS understanding!