ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job search after HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hector
Newly Registered

job search after HSMP

Post by Hector » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:04 pm

Hi all,
Was wondering if its a good idea to apply fo jobs (IT/telecom .. if it matters) with recruitment agencies just after HSMP approval. I guess the chances of getting a good offer before one actually lands in Uk are minimal. Employers look for ppl already present in the UK. Having said that, just wanted to know is there any harm in trying? i mean will there be some negative impact of it when one actually starts his job search in UK? people who 've been through this please advise.

cheers,
hector

dcguy
Newly Registered

Post by dcguy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:27 pm

Hector:

It is definitely ok to contact UK recruiting agencies before you relocate to the UK. I have done so myself in the marketing sector, but mainly to introduce myself and gain insights into the jobs and salaries that meet my needs. It is hard, though, to interview for a job before coming to the UK. So, I would treat agency contacts as pre-move networking.

AlexStiva
Newly Registered

Post by AlexStiva » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:13 pm

At least you will have some practice ...