ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:27 pm
Hello all,

Just had my biometrics submitted. Do they send any confirmation once the biometrics are done or they don't? Please anyone can you comment.

Thanks
I just got the text message below after a few hours of biometric submission ( 2£ additional sms service with appointment fees)

“Your information has now been submitted to UKVI.
Please contact UKVI direct on 0300 123 2241 if you have any queries.
Thank you for using the UKVCAS service.”

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi,

I submitted my documents through the idvapp and my passports id page only.
Do we have to submit other pages with the stamps too?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 pm

Toxic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Frustrating wait continues for the IDV invite! IDV invites have almost dried up it seems for the last 3 days. Very few people have reported invites yesterday.
UKVCAS has not even posted a new updated explaining the current situation. Are they going to send all the pending invites on the last day (7-Sep?).
Still quietly hoping that some action starts this evening and people start reporting invitations.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Toxic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:51 pm
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

As far as I’m aware all passport pages needed to be uploaded for required documents?

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

At my biometric appointment my current passport pages bearing all stamps/visas were scanned by the officer. Also was asked if i have uploaded old passport scan with current UK visa stamp on ukvcas. I assume you need to upload same on IDVapp too

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:02 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:55 pm
Frustrating wait continues for the IDV invite! IDV invites have almost dried up it seems for the last 3 days. Very few people have reported invites yesterday.
UKVCAS has not even posted a new updated explaining the current situation. Are they going to send all the pending invites on the last day (7-Sep?).
Still quietly hoping that some action starts this evening and people start reporting invitations.
I have a feeling they will be sending some IDV App invitations tomorrow and then updating their tread on Friday which they usually do.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:05 pm

BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:58 pm
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

At my biometric appointment my current passport pages bearing all stamps/visas were scanned by the officer. Also was asked if i have uploaded old passport scan with current UK visa stamp on ukvcas. I assume you need to upload same on IDVapp too
Do they still scan all pages of all passports (new and old) even if we have uploaded them already on their website under mandatory section? I have 3 passports (current + 2 expired) and i have scanned all pages of the 3 passports and uploaded them. There are another 3 passports in total for my 2 dependents and I have done all pages scan for them too and uploaded. Hope they don't start scanning all pages for all 6 passports AGAIN!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:07 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:05 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

Do they still scan all pages of all passports (new and old) even if we have uploaded them already on their website under mandatory section? I have 3 passports (current + 2 expired) and i have scanned all pages of the 3 passports and uploaded them. There are another 3 passports in total for my 2 dependents and I have done all pages scan for them too and uploaded. Hope they don't start scanning all pages for all 6 passports AGAIN!
I have already submitted my docs through the app. What shall I do now?

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:11 pm

iamawonder wrote:
BiochemFem wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

We had already scanned and submitted on UKVCAS.
Last edited by Sez30 on Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:12 pm

iamawonder wrote:
At least we've seen some movement with processing of second half of August applicants. Yesterday non re-use applicants reported receiving biometrics invites and today in the timeline I've seen one late August person who received a re-use confirmation email with a 14 September deadline.

This could mean that they are planning to identify all August re-users in the next couple of days and start sending them invites next week from 8 September (at least I hope so).

This would imply that they need to finish with the rest of the people by 7 September, so maybe today-tomorrow more IDV invites will come?

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:12 pm

iamawonder wrote:
BiochemFem wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Toxic wrote:
Hi,

I also had uploaded all scanned pages of 3 passports. At the appointment she scanned only the mandatory document i.e current passport all stamped pages. It did take a long time for scans for the family before me. But you won’t notice the time, the one after you will 😄

Billydkid
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Billydkid » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:14 pm

BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm
Billydkid wrote:
Hello all,

Just had my biometrics submitted. Do they send any confirmation once the biometrics are done or they don't? Please anyone can you comment.

Thanks
I just got the text message below after a few hours of biometric submission ( 2£ additional sms service with appointment fees)

Did you received any email confirmation?

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:21 pm

Billydkid wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:14 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:25 pm
Billydkid wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks

Did you received any email confirmation?
Nope no email or change on ukvcas. Can still see link to cancel biometric appointment. Ridiculous system they’ve got in my opinion. They want us to feel the 2£ was worth it hence the text.

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 pm

stonelove wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:02 pm
iamawonder wrote:
I have a feeling they will be sending some IDV App invitations tomorrow and then updating their tread on Friday which they usually do.
I along with my husband and four children applied on 19 June. Until today, we have not received an invite to use IDV app. I tried to log in the app but it never works...

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:24 pm

Toxic wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:07 pm
iamawonder wrote:
BiochemFem wrote:
Toxic wrote:

I have already submitted my docs through the app. What shall I do now?
Oops. Perhaps call IDVapp helpline to see if you can upload additional docs? Although won’t be very hopeful. Might be good idea to book an appointment like other users who had trouble with IDVapp like @krishnakumarg

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 pm

Although I myself wasn’t eligible for biometric reuse I feel it is so unfair that at each stage the users chosen for IDVapp are pushed back into the pileup in the waiting arena. What is this special treatment that they get an email to inform first about IDVapp eligiblity and then wait another few weeks for the actual invite. And then again wait for longer decision time. Getting chosen for this particular lottery sucks.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm

BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Although I myself wasn’t eligible for biometric reuse I feel it is so unfair that at each stage the users chosen for IDVapp are pushed back into the pileup in the waiting arena. What is this special treatment that they get an email to inform first about IDVapp eligiblity and then wait another few weeks for the actual invite. And then again wait for longer decision time. Getting chosen for this particular lottery sucks.
This is the 2nd time I am bearing the brunt of a new experiment!
5 years back I was one of the earliest one going to get the BRP. But the new BRP system wasn't streamlined. My BRP never arrived at post office(my dependents BRP did arrive though!). It was after 3 long months of chasing HO, i finally got my BRP. Living with that nightmare was horrible! It's deja vu for me :D

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:17 pm

NNHidayah wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 pm
I along with my husband and four children applied on 19 June. Until today, we have not received an invite to use IDV app. I tried to log in the app but it never works...
The new flash update mentions that there were problems with group applications, so maybe that's why. They should send you an invite by 7 Sept (only 3-4 days to go!).

shaan_ns
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shaan_ns » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Hi All,

I was following this thread from couple of months now. My question is related to the IDV app and Biometrics. Hope some one can provide me an answer.

overview :
I have applied the Tier 2 visa extension along with my two dependent on 30th July 2020. And got the e-mail on re-use of biometrics details on 5th Aug and decided to opt in. Also I have submitted all the documents via website UKVCAS.

Still now I'm waiting for the e-mail to use the IDV app so that I can upload the photos ( I have checked the app & no luck so far seems it was not yet enabled for me).

So my question is , did any one received the e-mail from home office e-mail ID similar to one below( I got it today). Is it just a normal e-mail stating that my application process will take time ( as I have not yet booked the appointment and didn't Submitted the photos yet via IDV app)

e-mail content:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Whilst UKVI has started to reopen some of its locations and services, this is not a full resumption of services. We will continue to take a steady and phased approach to ensure services can be delivered safely and effectively. Our priority is the safety of our customers and staff, to ensure we can deliver an effective service that meets public health guidelines.
If your application was submitted prior to your current leave expiring, if the Home Office has not made a decision by this date your immigration status within the United Kingdom will be protected by statutorily extended leave under the provision of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971. If your application is unsuccessful and you submit an admin review, you will be further protected by section 3C until a decision has been made on the admin review. You do not need to do anything else at this stage and do not need to be concerned about your immigration status.
Further information about Section 3C leave can be found at the following link:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... %20applies
If you have applied to switch your status in respect of your employment or studies then please refer to the guidance on Gov.UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents as you should be permitted to commence work / study prior to your application being decided, should you meet the conditions set out in the guidance.
We apologise for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
We appreciate your patience at this time.

Yours faithfully
Work Sponsored

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 pm

UKVCAS's fresh update says "It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved."

What is the definition of "Group applicants"? 2 and more?

BiochemFem
United Kingdom

Post by BiochemFem » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 pm
This is the 2nd time I am bearing the brunt of a new experiment!
5 years back I was one of the earliest one going to get the BRP. But the new BRP system wasn't streamlined. My BRP never arrived at post office(my dependents BRP did arrive though!). It was after 3 long months of chasing HO, i finally got my BRP. Living with that nightmare was horrible! It's deja vu for me :D
Oh i can feel your pain! I remember thinking you were so brave when you decided to optIN in your earlier posts. I hope you have or will receive your invite soon!

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:53 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 pm
UKVCAS's fresh update says "It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved."

That is, once again, a lie from them - I know people who applied at the beginning of June alone and still no IDV invite.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:59 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Yes, 2 or more part of the same application. E.g. main applicant + dependents
Not 100% sure if their group application theory checks out