ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:01 pm

BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Although I myself wasn’t eligible for biometric reuse I feel it is so unfair that at each stage the users chosen for IDVapp are pushed back into the pileup in the waiting arena. What is this special treatment that they get an email to inform first about IDVapp eligiblity and then wait another few weeks for the actual invite. And then again wait for longer decision time. Getting chosen for this particular lottery sucks.
This is the 2nd time I am bearing the brunt of a new experiment!
5 years back I was one of the earliest one going to get the BRP. But the new BRP system wasn't streamlined. My BRP never arrived at post office(my dependents BRP did arrive though!). It was after 3 long months of chasing HO, i finally got my BRP. Living with that nightmare was horrible! It's deja vu for me :D
Oh i can feel your pain! I remember thinking you were so brave when you decided to optIN in your earlier posts. I hope you have or will receive your invite soon!
Worst decision ever :D

Raldoc
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raldoc » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Just letting you guys know. I work for NHS and currently applied for in country tier 2 extension (change of employment). My colleagues who were eligible for automatic extension sent their BRPs in March, April and still haven't recieved their new BRPs back. They too are suffering since they too can't travel anywhere (just like us). At this rate by the time they get their new BRPs it will be time for next extension. IHS refunds are like IDV app invites, some got, some are still waiting. All processes are affected and nothing is performing optimally.

ObiSort
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ObiSort » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

I wonder if the update is related to family applicants and applicants that have applied with a solicitor.

Solicitors, like in my case, have used a single email to make applications for multiple applicants.Surely this may have caused some issues with providing access on the app. I wonder if a UAN is needed after providing login details (Solicitor has not provided ukvcas login). Maybe this is what is being referred to: It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.

Hopefully they keep to their commitment of 7th september. My application was made with a solicitor 24th June and with no invite yet.

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:30 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:01 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:57 pm
BiochemFem wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:43 pm
Although I myself wasn’t eligible for biometric reuse I feel it is so unfair that at each stage the users chosen for IDVapp are pushed back into the pileup in the waiting arena. What is this special treatment that they get an email to inform first about IDVapp eligiblity and then wait another few weeks for the actual invite. And then again wait for longer decision time. Getting chosen for this particular lottery sucks.
This is the 2nd time I am bearing the brunt of a new experiment!
5 years back I was one of the earliest one going to get the BRP. But the new BRP system wasn't streamlined. My BRP never arrived at post office(my dependents BRP did arrive though!). It was after 3 long months of chasing HO, i finally got my BRP. Living with that nightmare was horrible! It's deja vu for me :D
Oh i can feel your pain! I remember thinking you were so brave when you decided to optIN in your earlier posts. I hope you have or will receive your invite soon!
Worst decision ever :D
Same as you, never been worse

atto123
India

Post by atto123 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 pm

The fundamental issue encountered in the whole process is for

1) People who applied via solicitors during lock down
Its been frustrating wait for those march, april and may applicants to sit and watch their june, july counterparts just get the decisions......
When i enquired my solicitor, it has been admitted by UKVCAS that their "link-missing" issue where, UKVCAS has lost track of application to tie them back to the solicitor's email address..

This was rectified late august and mails for IDV app selection were sent. However IDV app usage invite mails got delayed and i havent received one till now. What does this actually mean is wait is going to be more for approval decisions for those who submitted their credentials via IDV app as backlog is being increased.

Now People who applied on August and september, i am not sure what would be their timeline ....

My major concern is IDV App lets say even if it is working correctly, it is unproven for identity theft and hacking.Lets say , god forbid if UKVI discovers any such case this whole process would be again hanging in balance.I am not sure how app work has been done, esp immigration through app, i dont think any country in the world is doing. Now best possible way forward for UKVI is just to ramp up service points and also increase timings and ensuring to bring the service points to the pre-covid range.

This IDV vs Non-IDV, paid vs free biometric all these permutations are just halting the UKVI to reach pre-covid potential.

One silver line is UKVCAS is providing updates, the one today, is helping people to calm down.

I strongly believe that, there are huge number of pre assessed applications , my solicitor told that we got an info that all those applications for whom Case workers asked for additional info are assessed and waiting for the last leg i.e bio-metric...

hope and wish all ends well...

Amy_R88
United Kingdom

Post by Amy_R88 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm

I'm continuously keeping an eye on ILR set LR timeline. It looks like there are only few people who submit long residence applications or there's a huge backlog.

Last person who received the decision on that timeline was from 05.2020. What's the difference kind of huge difference of timeline between set LR and all other sets?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm

@iamawonder

As long as you have uploaded full passport(s) on the UKVCAS, the UKVCAS staff will NOT scan them again.

In fact, its always a good approach to upload full passport(s) yourself.

UKVCAS staff is not trained with immigration matters. Sometimes they get annoyed with scanning the whole passport and usually they dont do it telling that its not required.

However, its the applicant’s responsibility to make sure all bio & stamped pages are upload at least.

Note, in some rare cases HO later on asks for full passport (if some one reading this post has not uploaded full passport, please do not panic, it is not necessary but recommended). So to avoid that, you did the right thing.

The UKVCAS staff however scan bio page and random pages from your passport to check the authenticity of the passport. But usually the staff is unhappy to scan the whole passport.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
@iamawonder

As long as you have uploaded full passport(s) on the UKVCAS, the UKVCAS staff will NOT scan them again.

In fact, its always a good approach to upload full passport(s) yourself.

UKVCAS staff is not trained with immigration matters. Sometimes they get annoyed with scanning the whole passport and usually they dont do it telling that its not required.

However, its the applicant’s responsibility to make sure all bio & stamped pages are upload at least.

Note, in some rare cases HO later on asks for full passport (if some one reading this post has not uploaded full passport, please do not panic, it is not necessary but recommended). So to avoid that, you did the right thing.

The UKVCAS staff however scan bio page and random pages from your passport to check the authenticity of the passport. But usually the staff is unhappy to scan the whole passport.
Thanks @CULLINAN as always :)

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I have applied for my wive’s ILR application Tier2 Dependant SET O and have also given biometrics in person mid August. But we have received an email from Home Office that our application could take more than 6 months due to Covid. I know other people have also received similar emails and just wanted to check are the still waiting for their visas and it will actually take 6months+? On contrary other people who applied at a later stage have started receiving visas already.

Kind Regards

Deblo
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Deblo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:21 am

Hi everyone, just want to add my own contribution to this thread/platform.

This platform has been of great help to me through out the application process.

My ILR - SET(M) timeline

Applied May 23rd
Opted out of idv app and booked appointment early august
went for biometrics enrollment August 26th
got an approval email today, 4th September.

I hope my little contribution helps.

cheers.

jamd12
United Kingdom

Post by jamd12 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:43 am

Amy_R88 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
I'm continuously keeping an eye on ILR set LR timeline. It looks like there are only few people who submit long residence applications or there's a huge backlog.

Last person who received the decision on that timeline was from 05.2020. What's the difference kind of huge difference of timeline between set LR and all other sets?
Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. I noticed this too!

I believe last decision was in July but from an applicant 3 months ago. Only seen people submitted biometrics in August. But haven't reported a decision.I think maybe the LR should take a month or so? Im not too sure either! anyone with ILR LR received decision here?

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 am

Update on my application. Since receiving the IDV invite on Wednesday evening I decided not to use the app and to attend an in person biometrics appointment which I found for this morning At Lansdowne road in Croydon. I’ve submitted my biometrics and it’ll be interesting to see if I receive my decision along with the other IDV submissions or earlier.

Oh and they do scan all the stamped pages of the current passport even though I had scanned and uploaded all the pages of my passport(current and previous). Same for my dependant

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 am

SIyer wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 am
Update on my application. Since receiving the IDV invite on Wednesday evening I decided not to use the app and to attend an in person biometrics appointment which I found for this morning At Lansdowne road in Croydon. I’ve submitted my biometrics and it’ll be interesting to see if I receive my decision along with the other IDV submissions or earlier.

Oh and they do scan all the stamped pages of the current passport even though I had scanned and uploaded all the pages of my passport(current and previous). Same for my dependant
Thanks for the info, good luck :)

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 am

Those who submitted on the IDV app AND also went to a service center to submit biometrics, have you got any updates? I am seriously considering going to a service centre. Submitted via the IDV app Tuesday last week. Some on this forum are saying there is no point in doing both submissions, so I'm just wanting to hear from those who did if you had recieved a decision quicker or not.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:31 am

Some encouraging signs for IDV users. One more user in the BC forum reported to have received decision after using IDV app.
IDV submission - 21 Aug
Decision - 4 Sep
Hope they start actioning the ILR applications also.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:33 am

daenyt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 am
Those who submitted on the IDV app AND also went to a service center to submit biometrics, have you got any updates? I am seriously considering going to a service centre. Submitted via the IDV app Tuesday last week. Some on this forum are saying there is no point in doing both submissions, so I'm just wanting to hear from those who did if you had recieved a decision quicker or not.
Haven't seen anyone reporting a quicker decision after doing both. Quick decision was reported on bypassing IDV completely. But only one user reported even for the latter case.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:34 am

daenyt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 am
To be honest, it does not really make sense for dual submission (submission of biometrics in person after submitting via IDV app already). It just kills the whole concept of IDV app no?

Had you chosen to submit biometrics in person when you got an IDV invite, then it would be a different story.

I personally believe dual submission will not help and may further complicate things.

Its best to be patient.

But obviously its your choice.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:40 am

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:31 am
Some encouraging signs for IDV users. One more user in the BC forum reported to have received decision after using IDV app.
IDV submission - 21 Aug
Decision - 4 Sep
Just saw this. Looks like it has only been BC approvals thats been made through the IDV app so far.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 am

daenyt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:40 am
iamawonder wrote:
IDV submission - 21 Aug
Decision - 4 Sep
Just saw this. Looks like it has only been BC approvals thats been made through the IDV app so far.
Yes, no ILR applicant has reported a decision after IDV yet. But should be just a matter of little time.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:49 am

This is why I believe dual submission of biometrics may not work and complicate things further.
What happens when I press ‘submit’ on the UKVCAS IDV app?
Your application and all the documents you uploaded will be submitted to UKVI.
Please note, you can only submit your application once. Please ensure you have uploaded all documents before you submit your application.
. I’ve submitted information to UKVI via the UKVCAS IDV App and have been requested by UKVI to attend a face to face appointment. What happens to my current application?
In some circumstances, UKVI may request that you resubmit your biometric information. This means you must book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. All documents that have been uploaded onto the IDV app will be available to a UKVCAS agent at a UKVCAS Service Point. There may be a charge for the appointment.
DoIstillneedtobookanappointmentataUKVCASServicePointifIusetheUKVCAS IDV app?
Not usually. Occasionally UKVI require further information from applicants after they have submitted information on the IDV app. In this instance UKVI will contact applicants directly to explain the reasons why an appointment is needed.
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:51 am

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 am
daenyt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:40 am
iamawonder wrote:
IDV submission - 21 Aug
Decision - 4 Sep

Yes, no ILR applicant has reported a decision after IDV yet. But should be just a matter of little time.
Wish there were more in the FLR(M) group to see what timeframe that’s working under.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am

Has anyone received IDV access emails yesterday evening or today?

I wonder how many more people from March-July are waiting for invites...

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:19 am

nash4elovek wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:15 am
Has anyone received IDV access emails yesterday evening or today?

I wonder how many more people from March-July are waiting for invites...
Don't think so. No reports on social media forums also. But not more than 20000 applications waiting as we have 4 days left and if UKVCAS sends invites on all 4 days!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am

Total number of IDV invitations sent out so far? Any idea? I don't think they sent 4000 invitations daily.
Last edited by asap8 on Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:29 am

asap8 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:28 am
Total number of IDV invitations sent out so far? Any idea?
It is impossible for anyone on the forum to know or answer this. The percentage of applicants posting on the forum are minimal in the bigger scheme of things. I suggest you contact UKCVAS or UKVI to get these statistics if you require them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.