ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for my mother - Naturalized British + EU Citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hmpmarketing
Newly Registered

Visa for my mother - Naturalized British + EU Citizen

Post by hmpmarketing » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:05 am

Hello everyone!

I have been in the UK for 15 years now, I have EU citizenship (Italy) and I have also acquired British Citizenship in 2018. I am trying to find the easiest route to allow my mother of 62 years to live with me and daughters (both british). My mother holds brazilian citizenship (this is also my original country of birth).

I was wondering what application I need to apply for her, I am just confused since I have been a permanent resident before getting British citizenship but also still holding my italian one.

Thank you again for the support and help throughout the years!

PS: If this question is in wrong forum, please move and apologies!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for my mother - Naturalized British + EU Citizen

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 pm

Try the EU Settlement Scheme using your Italian passport. They seen to accept any application for parents or in-laws at the moment.

However, if it doesn't work for whatever reason, she will never get a visitor visa in her life.