ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonent
United States of America

Re: **** COVID19 Biometrics appointments and UKVCAS ***** (Discuss here ONLY)

Post by londonent » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:58 am

To be honest that is a complete joke and I wish there was something we could do! A friend of mine applied fort a Tier 2 visa on the 22nd of AUGUST, already got an email allowing to book biometrics and he is going tomorrow. How is that fair to the people who have been waiting for the app?

negmas
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by negmas » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

onyx_ng wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:44 am
negmas wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:23 am
londonent wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:11 pm
negmas wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:07 pm
Hi all,

so I logged back in UKVCAS to upload documents and book an appointment for naturalization application today (last time I used for indefinite leave to remain). But I couldnt get any appointments even up to 27th Sep but do I need to wait for UKVCAS to send an email for IDV or letting me know I can book an appointment? I honestly lost and it seems like people who applied end of Aug, they would have to wait by 14th Sep, am I correct?

if someone could help me with this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
There are people from April who have not had an appointment yet! So if you get yours on the 14th of September consider yourself lucky.

Ok thanks for your msg, Im just bit confused as other than getting an email confirming payment I haven't got any other emails from UKVCAS nor HO. So not sure if I should go ahead and submit all supporting documents or wait to receive an email whether I can use IDV app or not.
anyone got any ideas whats best to do?
Go ahead and submit all your supporting documents. Once you receive the IDV app invitation, you'll find your documents uploaded in the app.

Hi guys so I direct msg UKVCAS yesterday via Twietter asking when i can get an email invite to use the app if I applied on monday 31st Aug. and this is the respond I have received:

UKVCAS: Hello , thanks for your query. You won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app. For more information please look here: https://ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-deta ... geId=74833

Me: thanks for your reply. May I ask when would I know if Im eligible for biometric reuse? I applied on 31st aug.
UKVCAS: Hello, if you're eligible for biometric reuse you would've received an email. It's likely that you're not eligible and have to book an appointment

Me: okay but atm i cannot book an appointment as you mentioned above so do I need to wait for UKVAS to notify me when I can book it?

UKVCAS: Yes you'll have to wait

Me: do you know how long would it take? and will they notify me by email?

UKVCAS: Yes they will notify you by email, I'm unable to say how long it will take.

Me: in the website it say 14th sep so is not correct?
"Our plan is to email eligible IDV customers inviting them to use the IDV app:
By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020
By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020"

UKVCAS: You aren't eligible for biometric reuse, you would've received an email if you were

Me: thanks for ur respond but its not ideal to not know when i can book an appointment because if the deadline is for anyone registered in AUG to be notified whether they can move forward their application with biometric reuse then it should be the same deadline for people who are not eligible for biometric reuse to book appointment.

Does anyone know how long it takes for non biometric reuse application to get an email from UKVCAS to do biometric in person?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:55 am

negmas wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

Does anyone know how long it takes for non biometric reuse application to get an email from UKVCAS to do biometric in person?
Please wait. Person who applied on 15-Aug received biometric invitation yesterday. So, you should get the biometric invitation in a few days I guess.
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... l#p1931099

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:22 pm

negmas wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:37 am

Hi guys so I direct msg UKVCAS yesterday via Twietter asking when i can get an email invite to use the app if I applied on monday 31st Aug. and this is the respond I have received:

UKVCAS: Hello , thanks for your query. You won’t be able to book an appointment at the moment. This is because UKVI are assessing which customers are eligible for biometric reuse and the IDV app. For more information please look here: https://ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-deta ... geId=74833

Me: thanks for your reply. May I ask when would I know if Im eligible for biometric reuse? I applied on 31st aug.
UKVCAS: Hello, if you're eligible for biometric reuse you would've received an email. It's likely that you're not eligible and have to book an appointment

Me: okay but atm i cannot book an appointment as you mentioned above so do I need to wait for UKVAS to notify me when I can book it?

UKVCAS: Yes you'll have to wait

Me: do you know how long would it take? and will they notify me by email?

UKVCAS: Yes they will notify you by email, I'm unable to say how long it will take.

Me: in the website it say 14th sep so is not correct?
"Our plan is to email eligible IDV customers inviting them to use the IDV app:
By 7 September 2020 for IDV customers who have registered with UKVI and UKVCAS up to 31 July 2020
By 14 September 2020 for IDV customers who registered with UKVI and UKVCAS in August 2020"

UKVCAS: You aren't eligible for biometric reuse, you would've received an email if you were

Me: thanks for ur respond but its not ideal to not know when i can book an appointment because if the deadline is for anyone registered in AUG to be notified whether they can move forward their application with biometric reuse then it should be the same deadline for people who are not eligible for biometric reuse to book appointment.

I think they are wrong and 15-31 August applicants eligible for re-use haven't been notified yet. They are mixing you with 1-15 August applicants.

The non re-use applicants applied in late August started getting emails yesterday. As with early August applicants, I would expect re-use applicants to get their emails a few days later.

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Can someone who has Twitter please ask them why people who HAVE been identified for IDV app have not received their invitations in accordance with the timing of application, i.e., why people who applied later than them were allowed to use IDV app?

Romasedana
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by Romasedana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:19 pm

I received the reuse email on August 1 but did not receive invitation for IDV submission

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Romasedana wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:19 pm
I received the reuse email on August 1 but did not receive invitation for IDV submission
Hi

Same here . Myself and my friend with family applied on 9th June . I have applied for my wife and daughter on 6th July 2020. Got the reuse mail on 1st Aug 2020 but so far no invitation. Myself and my wife application have been attached to same email account what I had used for ILR last year. We all live in Glasgow and presently clueless about invitation to use the app. Apparently looks like everything has stopped and since last two days no more invitations at least in this forum.

Uma

udutt
India

Post by udutt » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Romasedana wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:19 pm
Hi

Same here . Myself and my friend with family applied on 9th June . I have applied for my wife and daughter on 6th July 2020. Got the reuse mail on 1st Aug 2020 but so far no invitation. Myself and my wife application have been attached to same email account what I had used for ILR last year. We all live in Glasgow and presently clueless about invitation to use the app. Apparently looks like everything has stopped and since last two days no more invitations at least in this forum.

Uma

Romasedana
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by Romasedana » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi ,
Did you try login to the idv app? Apparently I did it but it doesn’t allow me to login. Don’t know How long we have to wait..

Roma

tauqeer81
India

Post by tauqeer81 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:39 pm

londonent wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:49 pm
Can someone who has Twitter please ask them why people who HAVE been identified for IDV app have not received their invitations in accordance with the timing of application, i.e., why people who applied later than them were allowed to use IDV app?
I did and they sent a standard message that I should get the invite by 7th Sept.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:37 pm

Hello guys,
I applied on 16 June and was notified on 24 July that I am eligible for biometrics re use.
However till now I have not received any invitation to use the UDV app and since the beginning of this week I have seen extremely few people getting an invite for IDV app
I just went to the UKVCAS website and lodged an official complaint with them, I suggest we all do the same.
A lot of complaints will mean that they might start taking us seriously.
And yes please keep us updated
THANKS

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:38 pm

@chaudhryalim

I would suggest to wait till the 7th Sep deadline.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Choudhryalim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Choudhryalim » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello group members,
MODERATORS PLEASE REMOVE THUS POST IF NOT ALLOWED
I just noticed that the independent chief inspector for borders and immigration is carrying out an investigation and seeking out evidence in the UKVI front end services.
Please follow this link for further details.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call ... d-services
I am going to submit my evidence and tell them about my bad experience regarding the lack of communication from UKVCAS regarding the biometrics issue. I shall also point out the fact that there seems to be no logical order according to which invitations to use the IDV app are being sent out.
I suggest that we all do the same.

RoverL
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by RoverL » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Naturalisation application submitted 21.08.2020
IDV eligibility email received 03.09.2020

tkp
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by tkp » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:13 pm

Naturalisation application submitted: 23.08.2020
IDV eligibility email received: 7:07pm, 03.09.2020

londonent
United States of America

Post by londonent » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Today's update from UKVCAS: We are successfully ramping up volumes and are now fully up speed and able to process more than 5,000 applications a day. It’s taken us a little longer to prepare the IDV app for Group applicants which meant that some cases were delayed, but this has now been resolved.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:52 pm

I submitted citizenship application for my 75 years old mother on August 28. Today I received the email that she is eligible to use IDV app (she did biometrics in 2018 for her EU PR card, she is non-EU family member of EU citizen). It says she cannot use it now, but should receive invitation to use it by September 14.
Does anybody know - can this IDV app be used from outside of UK ??

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:52 pm

obormot wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:52 pm
I submitted citizenship application for my 75 years old mother on August 28. Today I received the email that she is eligible to use IDV app (she did biometrics in 2018 for her EU PR card, she is non-EU family member of EU citizen). It says she cannot use it now, but should receive invitation to use it by September 14.
Does anybody know - can this IDV app be used from outside of UK ??
I remember reading somewhere that if the playstore or appstore account is a UK account, then it can be used outside UK. If not then you will perhaps need to register a UK credit card number in the appstore/playstore account. But I cannot vouch for this as I haven't tried it outside UK.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 pm

Oh, I have UK applestore (and I even downloaded app already), UK debit card, and even vpn..
But I remember that, at least initially, app for settled status could only be used in UK.
My mum is currently in UK. Probably it is the safest to let her do app, and only then to fly her out. (I am spending some months abroad due to work secondment, and would prefer to have her with me)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 pm

@obormot
My mum is currently in UK. Probably it is the safest to let her do app, and only then to fly her out.
In the above case, I would suggest you should book an appointment and not use the IDV app. If something goes wrong and UKVI can not use the biometrics submitted via the IDV app, they will ask to book an appointment in person.

If your mom will be away, best not to risk it and go via the UKVCAS booking appointment route.

Note: You will be able to book an appointment ONCE you get an IDV invite.

Just a suggestion.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tamera
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tamera » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am

Hello,

I’ve been following this forum as a non-member, but decided to register to be able to log in and update you about my BC’s application.

I have just received a letter from the H.O about my successful application at 7:59am - 4.9.20 in my Junk mail folder. The decision letter is attached to the email as well.

BC application submitted: 31 March 2020
Reuse IDV app invite received: 21 Aug 2020
Facial image and other docs submitted through IDV app: 21 Aug 2020
Approval letter received: 4 Sep 2020

In the letter, the HO officer informs that it may take up to 12 weeks for my ceremony invite to be sent. Now i will just have to wait, but at least the stress of waiting for the approval is gone.

Best of luck to you all.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:02 am

I know its not a timeline but because a lot of people here are looking for invites and IDV app etc. I just keep it short I submitted my biometrics via IDV app on 22nd August and got an approval on 3rd September.

My complete timeline is posted here: https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 11320.html

Thanks all.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:06 am

Congrats blueskies89. Seems like approvals are pouring in date order; from date of submission of biometrics via IDV app. Previously members reported approvals when submitted biometrics via IDV app on 19th, 21st and now yourself on 22nd Aug. So I would say a rough 2 weeks time scale after biometrics submission via IDV app.

blueskies89
Pakistan

Post by blueskies89 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks CULLINAN. Yeah, it seems like it they are processing in the date order.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi everybody - just FYI:
I was helping a colleague (EU citizen) to apply for citizenship (the guy is uni prof, but he is 70 and all this digital staff is above his head)
He applied on July 25, and did biometrics appointment August 24.
So - he just got the approval email.