ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:02 pm

javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 am
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for my wive’s ILR application Tier2 Dependant SET O and have also given biometrics in person mid August. But we have received an email from Home Office that our application could take more than 6 months due to Covid. I know other people have also received similar emails and just wanted to check are the still waiting for their visas and it will actually take 6months+? On contrary other people who applied at a later stage have started receiving visas already.

Kind Regards
I got similar email before Biometrics... but I was able to complete biometrics on August 15. (Application made on June 15) No update since biometrics... lot of people with Set(O) seem to have gone for biometrics after me and gotten approval. So not really sure what to make of it. I might wait for another week before I try calling up the Home office number :( I doubt they will give any updates though.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:01 pm
Once the app invite comes, the booking appointment system also opens up.
Both systems open up at the same time even if an email is not received yet in OP’s case.
The booking appointment system on the web?

I'm assuming it's not on the app.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:10 pm

As Cullinan said, once the app works, ukvcas website works.
When I saw the app logged in. I did not proceed with the login (the app asks whether one wants to proceed). I straight away went to my laptop and booked an appointment via ukvcas website.

My wife also who applied one day after me, found the app working. So we booked separate appointments as we are SET (LR).

Korekt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:00 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:38 pm
Hi folks,
August applicant here. Tried the app without the invite email (as usual) and it seems working so went straight to book an appointment. Booked for next week. Paid £135
I don’t want to gamble on a candy crash similar app. I’m Set (LR)
Booked the appointment via the app?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Korekt wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:10 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:01 pm
Once the app invite comes, the booking appointment system also opens up.
Both systems open up at the same time even if an email is not received yet in OP’s case.
The booking appointment system on the web?

I'm assuming it's not on the app.
yes, it should allow you to book appointment through website if you are able to enter the app.

spaul84
Newly Registered
India

Post by spaul84 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:15 pm

Just to update, 7th Aug applicant. I could book an appointment without receiving any email for access to the IDV app. I fall in the Biometric Reuse category.
I just logged into my online account of UKVCAS and booked an appointment.

sugaz
Newly Registered
India

Post by sugaz » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:16 pm

SET(M). Application date: 03/08/2020; Documents Submission (UKVCAS): 05/08/2020.
Thanks guys. Was able to login to the IDV app and submitted. (No IDV Access Email received)

Also i noticed that stratford biometrics centre has been opened as i can see appointments in UKVCAS site.
Last edited by sugaz on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:17 pm

moonpie77 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:02 pm
javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 am
Hi Everyone,

I have applied for my wive’s ILR application Tier2 Dependant SET O and have also given biometrics in person mid August. But we have received an email from Home Office that our application could take more than 6 months due to Covid. I know other people have also received similar emails and just wanted to check are the still waiting for their visas and it will actually take 6months+? On contrary other people who applied at a later stage have started receiving visas already.

Kind Regards
I got similar email before Biometrics... but I was able to complete biometrics on August 15. (Application made on June 15) No update since biometrics... lot of people with Set(O) seem to have gone for biometrics after me and gotten approval. So not really sure what to make of it. I might wait for another week before I try calling up the Home office number :( I doubt they will give any updates though.

Same here. I applied on 27th July and gave biometrics on 19th August. Since then no news. Can I ask when your current visa expires? My wife current visa expires in March 2022. She still has 1.5 years left on her visa, may be thats why we are at the bottom of the list? But Home Office should realise we can't travel whilst the application is in progress.

Thanks

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Based on what I have read in last 2-3 days. There are two hypotheses
1. IDV app invitations are sent to solo individuals. Those who applied as family (kids, partner) and group are likely waiting for IDV invite as app is assumed to be not equipped for more than one IDV verification in a family/group.
2. IDV app should take some extra days so that someone check the authenticity of photos and live test to confirm no identity theft is apparent. Assuming it takes ‘n’ days for the check, we need to find ‘n’ as we can compare with availability of appointments before ‘n’ days for quicks turnaround.
Request people to share
1. IDV invites for individual case or family/group
2. timelines for IDV approvals
- Hope this helps us to take more informed decision. 😊

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:23 pm

buntyc wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm
1. IDV app invitations are sent to solo individuals. Those who applied as family (kids, partner) and group are likely waiting for IDV invite as app is assumed to be not equipped for more than one IDV verification in a family/group.
2. IDV app should take some extra days so that someone check the authenticity of photos and live test to confirm no identity theft is apparent. Assuming it takes ‘n’ days for the check, we need to find ‘n’ as we can compare with availability of appointments before ‘n’ days for quicks turnaround.
Request people to share

1) For that lot the system has already opened up.
2) No official guidance on this so cant really be verified.
Request people to share
You have 185 pages to read.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm

javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:17 pm

Same here. I applied on 27th July and gave biometrics on 19th August. Since then no news. Can I ask when your current visa expires? My wife current visa expires in March 2022. She still has 1.5 years left on her visa, may be thats why we are at the bottom of the list? But Home Office should realise we can't travel whilst the application is in progress.

Thanks

Oh ours expired long ago. Mine expired on June 17th (two days after application), Wife's BRP expired July 17th...

As to travel, I have even more interesting things, but that would be off topic :-)

I thought case worker might be on end of summer holiday but it's been 4 days after bank holiday so losing hope about a quick resolution now...

The adhoc-ness of these processes are a bit disappointing considering the cost of the applications. But not much we can do. Going to wait a few more days before I try calling HO.

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:33 pm

moonpie77 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm
javy0071 wrote:

Thanks

Oh ours expired long ago. Mine expired on June 17th (two days after application), Wife's BRP expired July 17th...

As to travel, I have even more interesting things, but that would be off topic :-)

I thought case worker might be on end of summer holiday but it's been 4 days after bank holiday so losing hope about a quick resolution now...

The adhoc-ness of these processes are a bit disappointing considering the cost of the applications. But not much we can do. Going to wait a few more days before I try calling HO.

Oh, so expiry of the visas doesn't matter that much then. It is very adhoc, I have seen people applied in March/April are still waiting for their appointment invites or visas. Can imagine it must be much more stressful for them, in the end there isn't much we can do. Hope we'll hear something back in the next week.

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:34 pm

Eventually got the access to IDV and booking appointment, after 3.5 months waiting, burst into tears. Booked a slot in Lansdowne on 10th with £126.00.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:36 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:34 pm
Eventually got the access to IDV and booking appointment, after 3.5 months waiting, burst into tears. Booked a slot in Lansdowne on 10th with £126.00.
I can feel your pain. March/April/May are the worst affected but happy days now. Goodluck
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:36 pm

javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:33 pm
moonpie77 wrote:
javy0071 wrote:

Thanks

Oh, so expiry of the visas doesn't matter that much then. It is very adhoc, I have seen people applied in March/April are still waiting for their appointment invites or visas. Can imagine it must be much more stressful for them, in the end there isn't much we can do. Hope we'll hear something back in the next week.
The current visa expiry theory can be put to rest as there are many applicants whose visas have expired and still waiting for decisions.
Two questions:
1. Is your application complicated?
2. Did you receive a pre-assessment email? (I know this is not an indicator of quick decisions. People w/o this email got quick decisions as well).

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:23 pm
buntyc wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:22 pm
Request people to share

1) For that lot the system has already opened up.
2) No official guidance on this so cant really be verified.
Request people to share
You have 185 pages to read.
Thanks for your quick response. But please read the specific question. I have read "184" pages.

Hope you get the what I am asking.

1. know of at least two case when families are not invited but a separate individual application on same day been invited. Please define how did you define lots and did we have enough specific data from forum members to define. Hence the question.

2. Official guidance? There is no official guidance on this aspect. If there was the question would be irreverent ..

javy0071
Pakistan

Post by javy0071 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:36 pm
javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:33 pm
moonpie77 wrote:
javy0071 wrote:

Thanks

The current visa expiry theory can be put to rest as there are many applicants whose visas have expired and still waiting for decisions.
Two questions:
2. Did you receive a pre-assessment email? (I know this is not an indicator of quick decisions. People w/o this email got quick decisions as well).

I am british citizen and my wife is on PBS dependant just completed her 5 years. So the application was pretty straightforward.

Didn't receive any pre-assessment email.

Kind regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 pm

@buntyc

1) UKVCAS update came yesterday that they said, they will rectify the problem. Members in “group” categories have just recently started posting after 330pm today for being successful to log in to IDV app or have to wait till 7th Sep.

2) Members are already posting their experience. So far no trail can be deduced.

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:47 pm

iamawonder wrote:

Two questions:
Not sure what complicates an application. I have been with the same company for 5 years, still with them. Salary always above threshold, not furloughed, they gave a letter for the absences and current salary.
Dependents - Wife and Kid [they got their BRP a month after I got my Visa, they were previously with my Wife's ICT visa]

2. What's a pre-assessment email?
I got an email requesting for documents sometime after I submitted. I had a lot of trouble giving the documents they requested via email. But did it in the end. Also submitted document via UKVCAS site.
Biometrics is done. :|

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
NoUsername wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:34 pm
I can feel your pain. March/April/May are the worst affected but happy days now. Goodluck
Thanks big Guru :D

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:37 pm
JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:31 pm
Sez30 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:19 pm
JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:55 am

I don't know how/who to escalate it. I've given up.
When did you apply and use IDV app.
I’ve lost the link to FLR(M) timeline and can’t find it!
If you speak to your MP they can get an update on your application.
I applied 28 March and used the app 19 August. It takes HO up to 20 working days to respond to my MP’s query. I really wish to have a decision before this.
I spoke to our MP and they have said it’s 10 days.
Can also call the 0300 123 2241 and explain to them your situation they may be able to log an update for you will hear back within 5 days
Thank you. I phoned this number, and they logged a query for me. Will see what I get back, hopefully not something generic.

A general observation from me. There seems to be quite a lot of anxious applicants, who applied quite recently and want to escalate their applications. Please kindly remember that some of us have been (patiently?) waiting since March/April, with zero updates until end July. Maybe leave UKVI to work through this backlog first before escalating.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:51 pm

moonpie77 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:47 pm
iamawonder wrote:

Two questions:
Not sure what complicates an application. I have been with the same company for 5 years, still with them. Salary always above threshold, not furloughed, they gave a letter for the absences and current salary.
Dependents - Wife and Kid [they got their BRP a month after I got my Visa, they were previously with my Wife's ICT visa]

2. What's a pre-assessment email?
I got an email requesting for documents sometime after I submitted. I had a lot of trouble giving the documents they requested via email. But did it in the end. Also submitted document via UKVCAS site.
Biometrics is done. :|
That's not complicated at all (pretty much my case :wink: ). The case worker email is exactly what I meant by pre-assessment email.
So, it's just one of those random things in life! Hope you get your decision really soon. Good luck.

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm

javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 pm

I am british citizen and my wife is on PBS dependant just completed her 5 years. So the application was pretty straightforward.

Kind regards
So your Wife's ILR should be Set(M) right? I had a colleage's Set(M) approval come in < 24hrs after Biometrics. sigh! Sorry, I know it doesn't help you...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:56 pm

moonpie77 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:54 pm
javy0071 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:43 pm

Kind regards
So your Wife's ILR should be Set(M) right? I had a colleage's Set(M) approval come in < 24hrs after Biometrics. sigh! Sorry, I know it doesn't help you...
Not SET(M). Don't confuse things. A PBS Dependent can ONLY apply on form SET(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

M555
United Kingdom

Post by M555 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm

No email yet.
Can access IDV app and appointments on UKVCAS site.
Tier 2, 5 year + 2 dependents
Applied 03/07/2020

moonpie77
Newly Registered
India

Post by moonpie77 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:01 pm

JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:51 pm

A general observation from me. There seems to be quite a lot of anxious applicants, who applied quite recently and want to escalate their applications. Please kindly remember that some of us have been (patiently?) waiting since March/April, with zero updates until end July. Maybe leave UKVI to work through this backlog first before escalating.
Thanks for putting that in perspective. I have no idea how I escaped the IDV basket and got ahead of the queue and managed to get Biometrics done (June applicant).

Patience is certainly a virtue, lack of which is causing me plenty of hearburn at the moment :mrgreen: