ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave and Financial Category

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Indefinite Leave to Remain and Living Situation/Letters

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:09 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm due for my indefinite via 5years spousal route in Sept 2020 and wanted to clarify a few things ahead. My husband and i lived in a 2 bed flat and moved out in January to save money as we are tying to get on the property ladder. We now live in a shared 2 bedroom flat with a landlord.

The 2 bedroom is owned by a young lady who's rented out the second room to us. The master ensuite is occupied by her and the second room and bathroom is being used by my husband and I. There is a large living room and a Spam. In total 3 of us live in the 2 bedroom flat. For the purpose of my indefinite, will the tenancy agreement from the lady suffice with meeting the home office requirement? I once saw a thread on here saying landlord must not live in the property else it doesn't meet HO accommodation criteria.

Letters: Prior to us moving out of the flat, all the bills ( electricity, water and light) are both in our names. My husband doesn't have any postal as it's all been moved online. Except for the bills, nothing else comes in the mail for him. Again, will the joint letters suffice for my application. My husband is British so this application is for me.

Any advise will be appreciated. Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain and Living Situation/Letters

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Any evidence can be used. People tend to overthink the cohabitation docs which are not specific at all
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Thank you Zimba. In terms of lodger agreement, as we live with our landlord, do we need to provide this for ILR? I've seen a few post saying a tenancy agreement contract/lodger agreement is not needed for ILR. HO guidance note on accommodation isn't very specific on this. Will only 2 years letters suffice? Any clarification will be helpful. Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:35 pm
Thank you Zimba. In terms of lodger agreement, as we live with our landlord, do we need to provide this for ILR? I've seen a few post saying a tenancy agreement contract/lodger agreement is not needed for ILR. HO guidance note on accommodation isn't very specific on this. Will only 2 years letters suffice? Any clarification will be helpful. Thank you
There is no such specific requirement. Cohabitation documents covering the last two years ONLY. ANY DOCUMENT IS ACCEPTED
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Passport Expiration and Indefinite Leave Application

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 am

Hello everyone,

Challenging times and i hope everyone is okay. I'm hoping anyone might have some insight into my current situation. I'm due to apply for ILR mid October 2020 on my 5 years dependant route. Unfortunately, i am having problems renewing my Nigerian passport which expired in July due to the backlog being experienced as as result of the current pandemic. Applied for a new passport early May and have been waiting for an appointment to have my biometrics taken. Currently, they are still dealing with backlog from Jan-March so the chances of getting a new passport before October is rather slim. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are my options as it stands and am i able to apply with an expired passport? Any insight will be appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Expiration and Indefinite Leave Application

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:18 am

Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:41 am
Hello everyone,

Challenging times and i hope everyone is okay. I'm hoping anyone might have some insight into my current situation. I'm due to apply for ILR mid October 2020 on my 5 years dependant route. Unfortunately, i am having problems renewing my Nigerian passport which expired in July due to the backlog being experienced as as result of the current pandemic. Applied for a new passport early May and have been waiting for an appointment to have my biometrics taken. Currently, they are still dealing with backlog from Jan-March so the chances of getting a new passport before October is rather slim. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What are my options as it stands and am i able to apply with an expired passport? Any insight will be appreciated.
Except if there is a new guidance considering the disruption in service due to the pandemic, it is expected that your passport need to be valid at the time of application for your ILR as that is the proof of your current nationality except where you have other documents that can be used as proof of your nationality ( I stand to be corrected).

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 am

Thank you. That seem to be the requirement as it stands but unfortunately, the chances of me being able to renew is slim so i'm just really looking at what the alternative is between now and October.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 am

Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:10 am
Thank you. That seem to be the requirement as it stands but unfortunately, the chances of me being able to renew is slim so i'm just really looking at what the alternative is between now and October.
Wait for opinion of other people in similar situation before or the able moderators who all have in depth knowledge on a whole range of situations.
Also, with the gradual easing of restrictions you may want to contact the embassy of your present nationality to see if they have started providing services or fast tract services for passport renewal or re-issuance.

lilboots
Nigeria

Post by lilboots » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:01 am

I am Nigerian as well and quite familiar with the passport problem.

You can apply for ILR and attach proof that a new passport has been applied for i.e emails from Nigerian immigration service confirming your application, receipt if you have paid any monies, a copy of the application , if you have it and an explanation on your ILR form confirming you've applied for a new passport and the prevailing circumstances.

Thats what HO asked me to do , show proof that indeed an application has been made. And should you receive it after your ill, you send them a copy for their records.

my opinion though

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:12 am

lilboots wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:01 am
I am Nigerian as well and quite familiar with the passport problem.

You can apply for ILR and attach proof that a new passport has been applied for i.e emails from Nigerian immigration service confirming your application, receipt if you have paid any monies, a copy of the application , if you have it and an explanation on your ILR form confirming you've applied for a new passport and the prevailing circumstances.

Thats what HO asked me to do , show proof that indeed an application has been made. And should you receive it after your ill, you send them a copy for their records.

my opinion though
HO not unreasonable and unfeeling, the leeway you got quite well thought through.

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 am

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm still hoping i can get an appointment before October. Until then, i have all the evidence of the form filled and money paid which i will be attaching to my application if it comes to that. Thank you for the advise.

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Indefinite Leave and Financial Category

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm

I am applying for ILR under the partner 5 year route at the end of September. I am currently filling out the online form and have a question on the financial section

I am relying on my permanent employment status { I earn above the £18,600 threshold} and providing

6 months Payslips
6 months bank statement
Contract of employment
Employers letter
P60 (April 2020)

I’ve been asked if I am a director of a Ltd company just below the permanent employment question section. I have contracted in the past year and a director with an active company although I am currently not making earnings as I have since gone back to full time employment.

I’ve been asked to provide evidence as directed by FM-SE for a director of a ltd company based in the UK. Does it matter I am not relying on this source? What am I expected to provide? It would seem I have to provide evidence as if I am relying on this category. Has anyone been in this situation and what evidence was provided?

What evidence is needed for council tax cost for the accommodation I live? Will my current council tax bill suffice for this?

We've lived our current apartment for just 2 years and 3 months and will be providing joint letters to that effect.I'm 2 months short the 2.5yrs. Prior to this we mostly lived with friends and don't have any bills to our name. Will 2.3 years of accommodation evidence suffice in this case?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave and Financial Category

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:31 pm

Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:59 pm

I’ve been asked if I am a director of a Ltd company just below the permanent employment question section. I have contracted in the past year and a director with an active company although I am currently not making earnings as I have since gone back to full time employment.

I’ve been asked to provide evidence as directed by FM-SE for a director of a ltd company based in the UK. Does it matter I am not relying on this source? What am I expected to provide? It would seem I have to provide evidence as if I am relying on this category. Has anyone been in this situation and what evidence was provided?
Just answer no because you aren't rely on directorship
Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
What evidence is needed for council tax cost for the accommodation I live? Will my current council tax bill suffice for this?
Yes
Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
We've lived our current apartment for just 2 years and 3 months and will be providing joint letters to that effect.I'm 2 months short the 2.5yrs. Prior to this we mostly lived with friends and don't have any bills to our name. Will 2.3 years of accommodation evidence suffice in this case?

Thank you
The requirement is last 2 years instead 2.5 for cohabitation evidences which should be 6 in number if joint named or 12 if sole named from at least 3 sources with even gaps of 3-4 months. Any document with name & address on it from any reasonably credible source will be accepted.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Wosiwonkoko100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wosiwonkoko100 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:44 am

Thank you Seagul. I think this covers all my concerns. Not to be pedantic but does it matter that this question was asked even though i had selected Salaried employment as an option? I'm just a bit weary as to how Home Office has specifically asked "Are you a director of or non-executive director of a ltd company based in the UK'. This was asked under the salaried employment section too.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:56 am

Wosiwonkoko100 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:44 am
Thank you Seagul. I think this covers all my concerns. Not to be pedantic but does it matter that this question was asked even though i had selected Salaried employment as an option? I'm just a bit weary as to how Home Office has specifically asked "Are you a director of or non-executive director of a ltd company based in the UK'. This was asked under the salaried employment section too.
Doesn't matter. Just reply it no because application form is covering all scenarios allowing to meet the criteria through various sources. However, if your sole source is robust which is paye employment then only rely on it and say no to others.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.