ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Place of Birth on BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mtwtfss
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Incorrect Place of Birth on BRP

Post by mtwtfss » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:02 pm

Hi all,

Need some advice. I have applied for spouse visa extension and it was granted.

However home office had made an error of my place of birth. I have made a notice of correction through BRP website however I have not receive any update from BRP department.

I am eligible to apply LR now. Should I wait until I receive my correct BRP or can I continue with my LR application?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Incorrect Place of Birth on BRP

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:06 pm

It should not be a problem as long as your name and DOB are correct. Just for record, provide evidence that you have notified the relevant department about the error when you apply your ILR via LR.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... rt-problem
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mtwtfss
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Incorrect Place of Birth on BRP

Post by mtwtfss » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Thanks Cullinan. :D