ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation-what docs to upload?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Oacc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation-what docs to upload?

Post by Oacc » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi dear forum members,
Thanks a lot for your help to all of the applicants.
I have a couple of questions on the docs needed for naturalisation. Any help will be much appreciated.
1. Proof of living in the UK- so with my Russian citizenship we have the passports which expire every five years so I have three passports and stamps in the current as well as in expired. And all of my Tier visas and ILR (I had 4 of them) were issued when I was in possession of different passports. So, should I include all of my passports including all of the expired ones?
2. Should I include all the pages of all the passports?
3. Should I include the list of all the absences starting from receiving my Tier 2 visa?
4. Should I include anything else to prove I lived in the UK for 5 years? I have a letter from previous employer but it is dated March 2019, I don’t work for them anymore so taking a new fresh letter from them now is not possible. Is the old letter going to be ok?
5. What else should I include to prove I live in the UK for 5 years? I have the letters of confirmation of all my previous visas- is it going to be ok?
6. Is proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions my ILR card?
7. Finally, I submitted the application form and paid already but I haven’t submitted the documents via ukvcas yet, and now I found out I need to travel abroad for work for 5 days in September. Is it going to be ok considering that I have submitted the online application at UKBA but haven’t submitted the docs yet at UKVCAS?

Thanks a lot, will be much appreciated.
Best regards,
Oacc

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation-what docs to upload?

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:04 am

Oacc wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:14 pm
Hi dear forum members,
Thanks a lot for your help to all of the applicants.
I have a couple of questions on the docs needed for naturalisation. Any help will be much appreciated.
1. Proof of living in the UK- so with my Russian citizenship we have the passports which expire every five years so I have three passports and stamps in the current as well as in expired. And all of my Tier visas and ILR (I had 4 of them) were issued when I was in possession of different passports. So, should I include all of my passports including all of the expired ones?
Passports covering your qualifying period only i.e. 5 years counting backwards from date of application if you are applying in your own right or 3 years if you are married to a British Citizen
2. Should I include all the pages of all the passports?
Yes, only as mentioned in point 1
3. Should I include the list of all the absences starting from receiving my Tier 2 visa?
This is not an immigration application. This is a citizenship application that falls under Nationality laws. You have to meet a certain criteria. Assuming your qualifying period is 5 years, you can not be outside UK for more then 450 days in last 5 years and not more than 90 days in the last 1 year. Also you must be physically present in UK on the day your qualifying period starts 5 years back counting backwards from date of application
4. Should I include anything else to prove I lived in the UK for 5 years? I have a letter from previous employer but it is dated March 2019, I don’t work for them anymore so taking a new fresh letter from them now is not possible. Is the old letter going to be ok?
Passport(s) covering qualifying period and entry/exit stamps proves this. Nothing else is needed
5. What else should I include to prove I live in the UK for 5 years? I have the letters of confirmation of all my previous visas- is it going to be ok?
Nothing
6. Is proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions my ILR card?
Yes ILR BRP
7. Finally, I submitted the application form and paid already but I haven’t submitted the documents via ukvcas yet, and now I found out I need to travel abroad for work for 5 days in September. Is it going to be ok considering that I have submitted the online application at UKBA but haven’t submitted the docs yet at UKVCAS?
The date of application is the date you pay and submit. Biometrics date is irrelevant. Documents submission date is irrelevant. You are free to travel on your ILR until you become British. You only become British once you attend the ceremony. After ceremony you have to return your ILR BRP within 5 days. You are free to travel before that

Thanks a lot, will be much appreciated.
Best regards,
Oacc
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Oacc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oacc » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:07 am

Dear Cullinan,
Thanks you so much for such a useful and prompt response.
Just a couple of clarification questions:
From previous question 1. I applied on 15th of August 2020 so I need to provide all the passports and all the pages starting from 15 th August 2015? I am not married to a British citizen
From previous question 3. With absences, so should I include list of absences from 15 th August 2015 till the date of application which is 15 th August 2020? I was present in the UK 15 th August 2015, should I indicate in in the letter of absences? Or the letter of absences is not required and I don’t have to be bothered then?
Thanks again!
Have a nice day,
Best regards,
Oacc

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 am

Oacc wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:07 am
RE passports: Yes passports only covering period 16th Aug 2015 - 15th Aug 2020 including blank pages.

RE absences: same period only on/after 16th Aug 2015 only.

You should have been “physically present” in UK on 16th Aug 2015. Nothing you have to do. HO will check on their own. Dont bother.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:36 am

Also, see the following link it will help you related to queries related to your biometrics and next steps:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 99581.html
I thought to share as this post may help new applicants joining the forum or applicants from August and onwards.
Also it may answer some frequently asked questions.

Steps to follow after completing the form online:

Step 1: Pay and submit application via UKVI.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Booking an appointment is opening up in phases. Check the UKVCAS flash message for updates. As of now, it is only open for applicants who submitted applications before 31st July.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

Step 3: Booking system is not open for August applicants as of now.

Next step will be communicated to you via email; either you will be chosen to attend the biometrics appointment OR UKVI will reuse your biometrics from a previous application.

If you fall under the former group, UKVCAS will invite you to book an appointment ONLY after system opens up for August applicants.

If you fall under the latter group, you will have to wait for IDV app to launch to provide your facial image (which is expected to launch in August).

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Ignore that, you will not be penalised even if you can not fulfil it.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: You can only submit once, so make sure your documents are complete before you submit.
You will be able to add more documents via your appointment/IDV app on a later stage whatever your circumstance be.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new feature.

Note: For certain categories/cases, the CW may request for the documents to be submitted via email. It does not matter if you already have submitted via UKVCAS portal, you can still submit documents via email if requested.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.

Tip: Be vigilant and regularly check your email as all communication for next steps will be sent via email.
NOTE: Please keep all your follow up biometrics related questions (if you have any) in the thread I provided and keep all other case specific questions in your existing topic which is this one.

Oacc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oacc » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Thanks a lot!

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:13 pm

If you submitted application already you had to include all your absences in last 5 years in your application (there is a whole section on trips abroad!).
Usually, the only people who also upload separate list of absences are those who had more then 30 trips in last 5 years (for whatever reason, the form does not allow to include more then 30 trips).
Now, if you did not do it, just explain that you misunderstood it in cover letter, and add a list of absences.

BTW, Russian biometric passport is valid 10 years, and is easy to obtain via Russian consulate (guess how I know it)