ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 from U.S

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mlimmi
Newly Registered

Tier-1 from U.S

Post by mlimmi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi & thanks for reading.
After going thru the tier 1 application form I have a few questions:

Does tier-1 lead one into becoming naturalized uk-citizen OR
it is just a 3 year pass to maybe-good paying job (sorry for being sarcastic)

Whats the average turnaround time, I guess it will be in years?

[Tier1.Section1]
Method of payment of 750 pounds.
- Does a US money order or personal check of equivalent dollar amount work ?
- US Visa/master work ? how do I pay in pounds ?

Any help is appreciated.

-ml :lol:

mlimmi
Newly Registered

answer to question 1

Post by mlimmi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Question -1 ANSWERED

Its all here:
http://www.workpermit.com/uk/naturalisation.htm

In short no naturalization till 6 years of stay for pure-ists.
will have to manage 3 additional years of clean stay after tier-1.round-1 to be eligible to apply for Nat.

mjmani

Are you applying for Tier 1 General from USA?

Post by mjmani » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:17 pm

I am going to apply for General Tier 1 from USA. I was not sure whom to contact (official public inquiries or such) for any clarifications we may have. I tried "wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" but got this reply "To assist those applying from outside the UK, a series of websites have been created – links can be found here: http://www.vfsglobal.com/applyforvisa.html. Applications forms are available here - www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/. Thing is VFS is not handling UK visas in USA.
Please help me if you know whom to contact for clarifications.
Best regards,
Mani

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Website of British High Commission in US

See para 245E of the Immigration rules(Requirements of ILR for Tier 1 (General) Migrants) and also Naturalization

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mlimmi
Newly Registered

Re: Are you applying for Tier 1 General from USA?

Post by mlimmi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:00 pm

mjmani wrote:I am going ....
Yes, I am on the same path as you and just started.
Unfortunately I dont know the where to submit the docs either.
The site here has some info and I will read them later today and post if any clear direction, title :

Applying For Your UK Visa From Mainland USA

mjmani

Thanks both

Post by mjmani » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Thanks for your responses. I could find few information on that site.
Here is what I found so far:
1) We need to complete Appendix 1 of VAF9 and take printout
2) We need to complete the online application form for Tier 1 General and it will generate VAF9 (primary applicant). We should take printout of this
3) We will get email from visa4uk on what next

I have gathered many documents for evidence and waiting on few documents like home country bank statements from india, sign & seal from my company on indian payslips. If everything is set, I am planning to apply during the month of September 2008.

What I actually need is an email ID from home office (or any officials) who can answer my queries.
I have a situation that I am not sure which is correct. I travelled to India for 2+ months on a official trip. I worked from HYD during this period. During this period, I was still continued the same US Salary pays & Indian Basic pays. I wanted to know if I can apply uplift of 5.3 for the salary I received during this period since I was physically present & worked in India.

Any help is much appreciated.
Best regards,
Mani

mlimmi
Newly Registered

URL ??

Post by mlimmi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks for "1) We need to complete Appendix 1 of VAF9 and take printout
2) We need to complete the online application form for Tier 1 General and it will generate VAF9 (primary applicant). We should take printout of this
3) We will get email from visa4uk on what next
"

Would you happen to know the URL for the VAF9 ?
So either use the URL or complete Appendix 1 of VAF9 ?

Thanks

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:13 am

You must to read this page if you've not done so far. This has most of the primary infomation:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

VAF9 can be got from here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9
When you fill Tier 1 General form online, it will generate VAF9 with the completed data in it. We need to take printout of this.

Appendix 1 can be got from here http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... sappendix1
Best regards,
Mani

sammidiv07
Newly Registered

Need advise apply from US or India

Post by sammidiv07 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 pm

I am currently in US and planning to apply PBS tier 1 general for UK.
I have been in the US past 6 years, I have following questions

1. Can apply for UK tier 1 in India while I am on vacation for 3 months, I mean will they accept my application with US payslips and bank account.

2. Which is a better option to apply in US or in India

3. How long does it take for applications applied in US vs. India

4. During the application in process, I will not able to travel as my passport is submitted along with application correct?

I appricate your responses. Thanks

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:09 pm

1) I am sure they will accept your application if you apply from India. My logical reasons for this India is your country of citizenship and US is your country of residence. So you can apply from both these places
2) If you will be in US until your passport returns (i honestly don't know how long it will take), it is better to apply here. Generally any visa applications in US takes short duration than in India. That's why. This is just my opinion.
3) I don't know. Do keep us posted the answer for this if you happen to get it somewhere else.
4) Yes, you are correct. I am in the same boat as yours. I don't know when I will return back to US, but have to apply in US
Best regards,
Mani

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:43 pm

mlimmi, this site has relevant info on worldbridge and the visa application process in USA for UK Tier 1
https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/ ... Apply_PAGE
Best regards,
Mani

datastage
Newly Registered

Post by datastage » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:16 am

Hi,
I am an Indian citizen deputed (seconded) overseas since two years. For my previous earnings , I am planning to put up two sources:

1.) Bank Statement
2.) pay slips.

Since I am deputed to United States , I get my gross salary in US , assume 6000 $/ month which appears in my ADP Payslip.

Out of that 6000$, 2500$ is my US Living allowance that directly gets credited to my Bank A

Now out of 3500 $, assume that there is 1500$ deduction related to Social Security, Federal and State tax etc.

The remaining 2000$ is scored as Indian salary and it appears in my ADP Payslip.
But there is deduction in Indian salary in India, which will then pay me 1800 $ , credited to my bank B. The deduction is related to Provident Fund etc.

Now I have two questions:

1.) Will I be able to claim earnings points against US, because I have worked and lived in United States for all the period of claim?

2.) Will I have to explain why there is a payment of 1800 $ and not 2000$ in the Bank B.

I have online payslips from India and exchange rates data which my company uses to explain the credit of 1800 $ and not 2000$ in Bank B

Please reply at the earliest if you have the imformation, because I am almost ready with the application.

Many thanks in Advance, :)
Datastage

swami
Newly Registered

Tier 1 from US

Post by swami » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi

You should do some research on this forum before posting questions since there are other posts in here from people who went through the process earlier which explains most of the questions that you have asked for.

Here is a link which explains the procedures as on the date it was posted for applying for UK Tier 1 + EC from the US

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29065

datastage
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 from US

Post by datastage » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:49 pm

swami wrote:Hi

You should do some research on this forum before posting questions since there are other posts in here from people who went through the process earlier which explains most of the questions that you have asked for.

Here is a link which explains the procedures as on the date it was posted for applying for UK Tier 1 + EC from the US

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29065
Hi,
Thanks for the reply
But, does this link talk about people who have applied from US are seconded employees ????
I think this question will definitely help those candidate who are seconded to US having spent time partially or fully in original countries.

mjmani

Any thoughts abt this? Is it just 3 days to process Tier 1

Post by mjmani » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 am

This website claims the process time for Tier 1 General is 3 days. See this link.
http://www.abriggs.com/visas/b/britain_tier1.php

Any thoughts about this? I am going to call and talk to them. I got this company link from BritainUSA as authorized agents in NewYork area. Today I checked and that page shows error.
Best regards,
Mani

datastage
Newly Registered

Finally Tier 1 in my hands now

Post by datastage » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Guys, I have made it too. I applied from New Jersey, United States. I am a seconded employee from an IT company in India.
Here were the below timelines if anybody is interested to know

1.) Online Application = 14Sept
2.) Date Of Biometrics = 3rd Oct
3.) Email from the NY Visa Team that the VISA was in process = 8th Oct
4.) Docs received back with the stamp = 31st Oct

PM me if anybody is applying from US and needs any assistance.

As others have said, make sure that the application is made in a professional way and logically correct. Do not worry about the cosmetics.
In one instance I didn't have the Original Bank Statements to backstop my earnings. I substitute with a letter from the bank which showed the earnings. :roll:

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks to everyone. I just received this email. I sincerely wish you all and those who are waiting "Com'n buddy! Smile please! You're next to get approval."
---------
Your visa has been issued.
Delivery times:
USA: Overnight
Bermuda, Bahamas, Central/South America and Caribbean:
- 2 days if you prepaid for Express service

-2-5 days for mail returned to the British Embassy/High Commission
---------
On 3rd Nov, I sent an email to them visa_complaintsNY@fco.gov.uk mentioning that it is now past the estimated processing time and please let me know the status of my application since this has impact my career plans (and I need to give notice to my current employer).
I am really not sure if this has made any difference, but cant ignore the chances too.

My time lines:
28-Sep: Online application
06-Oct: Biometric appointment
08-Oct: Sent application to NY Consulate
09-Oct: Application reached NY Consulate
15-Oct: Recvd email acknowledgement that my application was received and est processing time 10 working days
05-Nov: Recvd email that my visa has been issued
waiting to see my passport and have to start my further plans. I had asked Feb 01 2009 as landing date in UK.
Best regards,
Mani