ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lagosbos
European Union

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Lagosbos » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:25 pm

@snooky I clearly understand where you coming from and i need not to remind you the HO is an unpredicatble entity and looking at the recent case of @netqueen has just proved that. I believe netqueen also hold a LTR due to expire September 2021 and the EEA application was approved unchallenged. I have personally applied anyways and i don't think i have anything to loose.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi Ngoo

Have you got any update yet from the court?
Did you request paper or oral hearing?

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:41 pm

netqueen wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:11 pm
Spirit007 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:53 pm
Sebel wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:04 pm
Can i check with anyone who has recently applied for DRF1 if they have indeed received their passports back and BRP, and how long it took?
I sent mine last week 5th of August and money taken from my account onthe 6th. Not yet receive anything.
Mine was posted on 24th June, money taken out the very next day; since then I haven't heard from them. They are dismissive each time I call. Standard response is to wait until it is out of standard service time before calling again
I posted my forms on 25th of April and passport were sent back a month later with request for biometrics letter. I received a positive decision this week. The whole process lasted about 14 weeks. So good luck to all those waiting.
Congratulations netqueen.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:43 pm

Sabi92 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:37 pm
Thank you all for your good wishes.
Congratulations Sabi92. Finally, no more home office drama for you.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:25 pm
@snooky I clearly understand where you coming from and i need not to remind you the HO is an unpredicatble entity and looking at the recent case of @netqueen has just proved that. I believe netqueen also hold a LTR due to expire September 2021 and the EEA application was approved unchallenged. I have personally applied anyways and i don't think i have anything to loose.
Lagosbos, if you go through netqueen’s previous posts you will see she already had a Zambrano derivative card which expired and she switched to ltr, before she made another application for the derivative card she just received, so she can then reapply for the EU settlement scheme.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:56 pm

IST wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:50 pm
Hi Ngoo

Hello IST,

I called them on Monday and I was told that the appeal is still waiting for an available Judge.
I did a paper appeal. Though the lady I spoke to did explain that there isn’t much difference between both oral and paper hearing as both appeals are delayed due to the pandemic. Anyway, I don’t know if she’s right.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:56 pm
IST wrote:
Hi Ngoo

Hello IST,

I called them on Monday and I was told that the appeal is still waiting for an available Judge.
I did a paper appeal. Though the lady I spoke to did explain that there isn’t much difference between both oral and paper hearing as both appeals are delayed due to the pandemic. Anyway, I don’t know if she’s right.
You not far from the winning the battle, I know waiting is very painful

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 pm

IST wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:03 pm
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:
Hi Ngoo

Hello IST,

Amen! We must win the battle by God’s grace.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:31 pm
IST wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:03 pm
Ngoo wrote:
IST wrote:
Hi Ngoo

Hello IST,

Amen! We must win the battle by God’s grace.
Amen!

Cebu
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Cebu » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:45 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
How is it some people who currently have LTR get their settlement application approved while others do not?

Cebu
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Cebu » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:47 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:07 am
meconfused wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:19 am
good morning all,
i ve been going through this forum. and i need some help pls in my case,
i ve apply through this zambrano eu settlement. paper application. since feb 2020. COA recieved march.
but i ve leave to remain which i have renewed 3 times, but will expired sept 2021,
so i sent a complaint to home office two weeks ago
they reply me and say i ve leave to remain till next year sept, that eu settlement is for people with residence derivative card and that they will reach a decision on my application soon.

so now pls i need advise .
should i apply for the derivative residence permit while the zambrano application is still pending in their office . or wait till they reach a decision on paper zambrano before i apply for derivative residence card .?
pls help. thank you all
As your leave expires September 2021, I will advise you to redraw from all EEA and EU Settlement Scheme application because you wouldn't succeed.

Though in EU law nothing stops you getting the EEA derivative, the HO will use their guidance to disqualifies you from EU Settlement Scheme.

I mean, you have Renewed it 3 times so why would you want to fraustrate yourself with Zambrano?

Your application will fail due to some recent cases. The only way you could succeed is if your leave is expired.

Withdraw and save yourself from nightmares
"Your application will fail due to some recent cases." What are the recent cases?

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:29 am

snooky wrote:
meconfused wrote:
good morning all,
i ve apply through this zambrano eu settlement. paper application. since feb 2020. COA recieved march.
but i ve leave to remain which i have renewed 3 times, but will expired sept 2021,
they reply me and say i ve leave to remain till next year sept, that eu settlement is for people with residence derivative card and that they will reach a decision on my application soon.

should i apply for the derivative residence permit while the zambrano application is still pending in their office . or wait till they reach a decision on paper zambrano before i apply for derivative residence card .?
pls help. thank you all
As your leave expires September 2021, I will advise you to redraw from all EEA and EU Settlement Scheme application because you wouldn't succeed.

Though in EU law nothing stops you getting the EEA derivative, the HO will use their guidance to disqualifies you from EU Settlement Scheme.

I mean, you have Renewed it 3 times so why would you want to fraustrate yourself with Zambrano?

Your application will fail due to some recent cases. The only way you could succeed is if your leave is expired.

@snooky, I just got very confused here and little bit panicking due to the statement you made.
My question is some of us who have applied for the EEA card and got LTR and had renewed 2 times before and left with a single renew due to that their
heavy cost ,and leave expiring in feb2021, is going to be complicated on us?
What if we are refused,are we still going to continue or everything gonna start from afresh?
Please having a cool feets now.

Remember some of us are trying to save some little cash too as that their fees are too much.
Thanks.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 am

Sebel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:29 am
snooky wrote:
meconfused wrote:
good morning all,

pls help. thank you all

@snooky, I just got very confused here and little bit panicking due to the statement you made.
My question is some of us who have applied for the EEA card and got LTR and had renewed 2 times before and left with a single renew due to that their
What if we are refused,are we still going to continue or everything gonna start from afresh?

Remember some of us are trying to save some little cash too as that their fees are too much.
Thanks.
@ Sebel, you don't have to panic and i understand clearly where you coming with the mix messages from snooky. Snooky had encouraged a lot of people to apply for EEA derivative on many occasions on this forum and to my surprise coming back now to say certain people can't apply sounds like someone speaking from both sides of his/her mouth (no offence), but quite misleading. I can only only advise you not to reset the clock whilst waiting for the outcome of your derivative application. Set some plans in motion for your final LTR renewal and see what comes out of the other application. Hopefully you will get a positive outcome before your leave is due for renewal.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 am

Cebu wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:45 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
How is it some people who currently have LTR get their settlement application approved while others do not?
That is down to HO to answer as i believe same framework should be applicable to everyone.

Lagosbos
European Union

Post by Lagosbos » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:53 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:52 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Lagosbos, if you go through netqueen’s previous posts you will see she already had a Zambrano derivative card which expired and she switched to ltr, before she made another application for the derivative card she just received, so she can then reapply for the EU settlement scheme.
I understand that quite clearly, but the fact remains he/she had already switched routes and also if it did matter i don't see the reason they refused the first settlement application that was made. All i'm pointing out is the anomalies and inconsistencies in HO policies.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 am

Thanks all of you for your comments, no offence insults and stuff.

You see the problem is that because most of you are not following the laws 24/7 so what someone says become an offence.

Moreover people read what they want to read but refuse to take the points from statement.

In my last post I said there's nothing stopping anyone doing EEA application because the laws permit that.

The problem we have now is The Appendix EU to the Withdrawal Agreement.

I again said due to some recent cases. Laws evolves 24/7 and there are alot of Unreported cases HO staff use for their assessment. Again HO is not bound to follow FTT judgement as law of precedent.

A lot of Zambrano EUSS are in the courts fighting the HO off from their Guidance towards the settlement scheme.

You guys need to understand that we are hear to report current trend of what is going on that you might not have a clue.

My crime is to say the truth. Some brands me talking from all my side. This is ridiculous.

Do you guys know why HO refusal and rejection has increased, NO...

Is because of the law of SUPERVENING inserted into the appendix eu.

HO uses judges comments and recommendations to effect their guidance.

There's a lot of challenges going on because is only Supreme Court which can make HO removes or tone down this criteria.

Let me be clear here again,

There's no law under the EEA that stops anyone who isn't exempt to go for derivative residence card under regulation 16.

Almost all satisfy Reg. 10(7A) of the 2016 Regulations and meet each of the criteria at Reg. 10(5) and Article 20 of TFEU.

The question the Judges have refused to tackle is Appendix EU immigration which is not and I will say it again not an EEA or EU Law.

Appendix EU immigration of the Withdrawal Agreement is under British immigration and so far no ruling has come out clearly making it not fit for purpose.

My advice for the person was that the member only got some few years to go do why would the member stress herself with Zambrano.

I have seen cases in which HO have won because the judges accepted that technically the applicants are not been forced to leave because they have LTR.

Remember in immigration, 2 cases will look similar but will never be the same so do not compare others cases to yours and drag others into things that do not concern them.

Again loose talks should not been done again on this platform. You get free stuff but you insult people who stay awake, doing collation of informations to make this forum a better place.

I think this is my last post here and wishing you all the best.

For my admirers thanks a lot for listening to me.

For my persecutors, the truth is an offence but not a sin.

Adieus

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 am

snooky wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:00 am

You see the problem is that because most of you are not following the laws 24/7 so what someone says become an offence.

Moreover people read what they want to read but refuse to take the points from statement.

In my last post I said there's nothing stopping anyone doing EEA application because the laws permit that.

I again said due to some recent cases. Laws evolves 24/7 and there are alot of Unreported cases HO staff use for their assessment. Again HO is not bound to follow FTT judgement as law of precedent.

A lot of Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme are in the courts fighting the HO off from their Guidance towards the settlement scheme.

You guys need to understand that we are hear to report current trend of what is going on that you might not have a clue.

My crime is to say the truth. Some brands me talking from all my side. This is ridiculous.

There's a lot of challenges going on because is only Supreme Court which can make HO removes or tone down this criteria.

There's no law under the EEA that stops anyone who isn't exempt to go for derivative residence card under regulation 16.

Almost all satisfy Reg. 10(7A) of the 2016 Regulations and meet each of the criteria at Reg. 10(5) and Article 20 of TFEU.

The question the Judges have refused to tackle is Appendix EU immigration which is not and I will say it again not an EEA or EU Law.

Appendix EU immigration of the Withdrawal Agreement is under British immigration and so far no ruling has come out clearly making it not fit for purpose.

My advice for the person was that the member only got some few years to go do why would the member stress herself with Zambrano.

I have seen cases in which HO have won because the judges accepted that technically the applicants are not been forced to leave because they have LTR.

Remember in immigration, 2 cases will look similar but will never be the same so do not compare others cases to yours and drag others into things that do not concern them.

Again loose talks should not been done again on this platform. You get free stuff but you insult people who stay awake, doing collation of informations to make this forum a better place.

Adieus
@snooky, you don't need to get angry like that. Like you said people just want to read what the want it to happen on their favour.
We are so sorry if we have offended you,this is because, in all the threads you have been encouraging everyone to do the EEA before Dec2020. But for me,where I feel you went wrong was, you could have told the person that,there is nothing stopping to go for it ,but inthe case why she is left with just one renewing, why waisting so much time doing the zambrano stuff.

So your response to her actually made some of us to think, we have done the wrong thing and our innitial routes for ltr (FM) will be council of this drf1 card doesn't goes right.

Really and truly, most of us,are not landed and can't understand HO's language, that's why some goes to the solicitors and orders come here for help like you have been doing,spending sleepless night helping us.

You can't just get angry like that snooky because of one of us and you allow the majority that solely depends on your guidance. Like I said, we are very much sorry.

Please come back snooky🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sebel
Cameroon

Post by Sebel » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:29 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:48 am
Sebel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:29 am
snooky wrote:
meconfused wrote:
good morning all,

pls help. thank you all

Thanks.
@ Sebel, you don't have to panic and i understand clearly where you coming with the mix messages from snooky. Snooky had encouraged a lot of people to apply for EEA derivative on many occasions on this forum and to my surprise coming back now to say certain people can't apply sounds like someone speaking from both sides of his/her mouth (no offence), but quite misleading. I can only only advise you not to reset the clock whilst waiting for the outcome of your derivative application. Set some plans in motion for your final LTR renewal and see what comes out of the other application. Hopefully you will get a positive outcome before your leave is due for renewal.
Thanks so much,that's very true. I know you didn't meant any offence about that.
I felt so confuse when I read on snooky's statement.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:47 am

Sebel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:20 am
snooky wrote:

A lot of Zambrano EU Settlement Scheme are in the courts fighting the HO off from their Guidance towards the settlement scheme.

Adieus
@snooky, you don't need to get angry like that. Like you said people just want to read what the want it to happen on their favour.
We are so sorry if we have offended you,this is because, in all the threads you have been encouraging everyone to do the EEA before Dec2020. But for me,where I feel you went wrong was, you could have told the person that,there is nothing stopping to go for it ,but inthe case why she is left with just one renewing, why waisting so much time doing the zambrano stuff.

So your response to her actually made some of us to think, we have done the wrong thing and our innitial routes for ltr (FM) will be council of this drf1 card doesn't goes right.

Really and truly, most of us,are not landed and can't understand HO's language, that's why some goes to the solicitors and orders come here for help like you have been doing,spending sleepless night helping us.

You can't just get angry like that snooky because of one of us and you allow the majority that solely depends on your guidance. Like I said, we are very much sorry.

Please come back snooky🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Go back and read that post again

Roar1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roar1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:43 pm

snooky wrote:

Adieus
@ Snooky
You have never mentioned you are a solicitor, you try to research cases which you understand and give advise to people in this forum, it is not mandatory for people to follow the advise you give, you might not know the positive effect your advise have left on people. You quitting is like a warrior preparing for war that is already scared before the war begins. Come back and proof to people in this forum you know what you are advising.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:49 pm

snooky wrote:

Adieus
Please Snooky, remember there are many of us on this forum, we all have different backgrounds, different levels of understanding, different ways of reasoning. While some are not polite, some know it is very important to say please and thank you. Some of us need to go to SPECSAVERS while so of us need to go to the NAUGHTY STEP.

If you go back to previous posts Snooky, you will see how desperate some of us have been, you will see how some of us have desperately asked for your help and advice.

A few weeks ago Snooky, did you see how “IST” was asking for your guidance and as usual you were there with him/her step by step till the end. This is just one example out of many.
It shows there is respect and trust. We really appreciate all you have been doing for us.

Did you see that bundle you posted for us?. No wonder it is called “BUNDLE”. I developed headache and started panicking just going through it. Remember Snooky, you prepared it for members without even knowing who we are or any of us asking you to do it. You have been selfless on this forum.

After all, you have already received your positive decision but are still trying to carry us all across the FINISH LINE. Can a Leopard change it spots?. No Snooky, you act the way you do because it is your nature. You can’t give what you don’t have. It is in you Snooky to help. We may not reward you but remember no good deed is in vain. Every good work has a reward.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:22 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:49 pm
snooky wrote:

Adieus
Please Snooky, remember there are many of us on this forum, we all have different backgrounds, different levels of understanding, different ways of reasoning. While some are not polite, some know it is very important to say please and thank you. Some of us need to go to SPECSAVERS while so of us need to go to the NAUGHTY STEP.

If you go back to previous posts Snooky, you will see how desperate some of us have been, you will see how some of us have desperately asked for your help and advice.

A few weeks ago Snooky, did you see how “IST” was asking for your guidance and as usual you were there with him/her step by step till the end. This is just one example out of many.
It shows there is respect and trust. We really appreciate all you have been doing for us.

Did you see that bundle you posted for us?. No wonder it is called “BUNDLE”. I developed headache and started panicking just going through it. Remember Snooky, you prepared it for members without even knowing who we are or any of us asking you to do it. You have been selfless on this forum.

After all, you have already received your positive decision but are still trying to carry us all across the FINISH LINE. Can a Leopard change it spots?. No Snooky, you act the way you do because it is your nature. You can’t give what you don’t have. It is in you Snooky to help. We may not reward you but remember no good deed is in vain. Every good work has a reward.
I totally agree will Lulubaby without Snookys advice I wouldn’t be able to lodge an appeal not just that but everything we been been going through in last 12 months with different issues.
We all of us on this forum we appreciate an we are thankful for Snookys help.

netqueen
South Africa

Post by netqueen » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
snooky wrote:

Adieus

Totally second this LULUBABY, very well said . You received your positive response@ Snooky and still stayed on this platform to help all that needed your help. We are all very grateful for your help, your reading ahead and insights in changing laws with the HO. So just to echo what LULUBABY said , ''Every good work has a reward.''
That it is in your good nature to be selfless. God bless you.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 pm

netqueen wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:26 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
snooky wrote:

Adieus

@Snooky, you are one in a million and we really do appreciate your support. Please don’t leave us in the middle of nowhere. Am with Lulubaby on this. She has said it all, without you in this forum is like sailing a ship without a sailor. You having been supporting us total ‘strangers’ ,this shows that you a selfless person. May God almighty continue to bless you.

hapacan
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by hapacan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:05 am

Four potential grounds to base an appeal against a Home Office / SSHD EUSS refusal?
the Secretary of State should have considered, and failed to consider, exercising her general discretion to grant indefinite leave to remain outside the Immigration Rules

the provision (or the decision based on that provision) is contrary to the terms of the UK’s Withdrawal Agreement

the provision of Appendix EU which provides for mandatory refusal of a former Zambrano carer on grounds that s/he has limited leave to remain on some other basis is unlawful (because it is more restrictive than the previous provision under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016

a decision to refuse to grant settlement is in breach of a Zambrano carer's legitimate expectation
The law of legitimate expectation is a move away from the standard grounds on which to challenge Home Office decisions.

A legitimate expectation claim is based on the assumption that, where the SSHD states that it will or will not do something, a person who has reasonably relied on that statement should be entitled to enforce it; if necessary, through the courts.

The Home Office stated publicly after Brexit that provision would be made for Zambrano carers. Forcing Zambrano carers to reapply and risk being refused under Appendix FM (or similar) is not meeting their promise.

For a legitimate expectation to arise, the public body's statement must be clear, unambiguous and without qualification. Interference with legitimate expectations may be justified on public policy grounds.