ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relevant person of Northern Ireland family applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Relevant person of Northern Ireland family applications

Post by Br28016 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:35 am

As of Monday should be able to submit relevant person if northern Ireland application to cover family.

Definition of EEA citizen on Monday includes relevant person of northern Ireland who is irish, British or both.

Initially I thought I can apply as have both British and Irish passports but looking at app and application process online seems to exclude you if have British passport. Does this change on Monday should make it easier to link wife and step children who are non eea to me when do their applications. Is process likely to change on Monday ?

Reading documentation would prefer to use the app for application for wife and stepchildren but they currently have BRP's as opposed to BRC's. Does this mean cannot use the app to do identity validation ? Reading settlement scheme details would appear need to send of BRPs as part of application which not overly keen on as they are key documents and not sure how long takes to get back.

Anyone know if can use app and BRPs to do id validation ? Likewise can wife and step children do online applications ?

Looking at evidence requirements the criteria seems to be northern Ireland birth certificate which have and evidence at the time of their birth had at least one parent who was a British citizen; or an Irish citizen; or a dual British and Irish citizen; or who was otherwise entitled to reside in Northern Ireland without any restriction on their period of residence. I have parents birth certificates (one born in Republic of Ireland and one born in northern ireland). Is this sufficient as not sure what else would use. As they were born on island of Ireland before 2005 the definition of Irish citizenship makes them Irish by birth. Born in N Ireland (before 1983) would make the other parent British at birth. Combined with parents marriage certificate I'm assuming that is sufficient to meet the requirements.

Obviously have my work record in the UK to draw on to prove my residence in UK and Irish and British passports so assuming we have all we need to do application on Monday or shortly afterwards. If I've mised something be useful to have a few pointers.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Relevant person of Northern Ireland family applications

Post by Br28016 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:28 am

I can now answer some of my own questions.

1. I, myself, can't apply as have both UK and Irish passports and won't let you apply as UK dual national. Think guidance makes this point now. May be able to do it if take line Irish only. Not a lot to be gained but would have been useful to allow wife's aplication to link into mine and pick up all info that shows I have settled status.

2. App recognises BRPs to prove identity. Pulled data from card easily.

3. Can do online applications - wife was able to do full application and submit.

4. Need relationship info. Marriage certificate submitted, along with passport information page for me, my P60 from 2019 (has NI number so hopefully they can use that to validate me living in UK for more than 5 years), my birth certificate, parents birth certificate, and scan I had from long time ago of their passports - passport numbers even though expired hopefully will allow checks to be done if needed.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Relevant person of Northern Ireland family applications

Post by Br28016 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:52 am

Next step in process is biometrics. When applying there wasnt any appointments but note to say that they were prioritising new applications and looking at reusing previous biometric data and new app.

Just got email to say cant reuse and have to do biometric appointment which is now booked for end of month.

Bit curious to know why they can't reuse the settlement visa biometric data.