ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Maj No No News Yet And What About u ? And Chelsearules Dont worry INSHALLAH we ALL will hear From them Very Soon And Ofcourse INSHALLAH postive Good News ..By The way I am Praying For each And evry1 Who Is Waiting ..

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:50 pm

hi people

first of all happy ramadhan to all muslim bros and sisters

i have been followong this forum for the past few months but not been able to post anything

i have been waiting for my wifes visa for nearly 9 weeks, this wait is killing me, but maybe there is something good hidden in this wait, As Allah knows whats best for mankind. But i do pray in this holy month that myself and everyone that is waiting to be united with thier partners are granted visa in teh next few days or so (especially in my case :) ) .

I dont why they are taking time

by teh way i mailed gryvisa2islamabd or something like that, they sent a reply that we have recieved your application on 2nd july and is yet to be assessed, i was gutted to read thatm i hope it was automateed responce, as i said been waiting for about 5 months to see my wife

pls pray for me and everyone that is waiting

thanks

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Sohail,

When did you apply & where??

I have been waiting 9wks as well - Keep positive & inshallah we'll all get responses soon.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:42 pm

hi oahmed

my wife applied at mirpur gerry's, on 2nd july, i recieved email from them saying that your application has been recieved and is yet to be assessed

i am really worried they are taking too long

what about yourself?

pls pray for me

maj97

Post by maj97 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:45 pm

no news yet at all cutesweetgal, but as every1 is sayin this is the holy month so inshallah we will get some good news. x x x

maj97

Post by maj97 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:49 pm

when my husband gave the application in i was reli happy that they said 15 days i thought mine might be one those that goes thru quickly it dont look like that now i think im in for the long haul. i wish everyone gets positve responses soon.
sohail dont stress ur self inshallah everything will be fine.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 pm

thanks there

Inshallah we will get positive result, If Allah vishes then there is no power in this world to stop them and if Allah wills no power can force things

So May allah grant us fruit for the patience we have been having, ameen

cutesweetgal

Post by cutesweetgal » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:19 pm

maj I Was Just Thinking The Same Thing My Husband Was Told The Same Thing And Its Been 5 and Half weeks I just hope We All Dont Have to Wait 4 Long Its SOO hard...but yeah True InshAllah bY the Grace Of This Months We All Will Get Good News

ginax
Newly Registered

Post by ginax » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Im realli stressed out now:| phones them up and they said cant say anythign over the phone? is that because mine is appeal case? does any1 know how long it should take for appeal. and also my emails will not go through to their email adres.. has now been 5 motnhs. waiting is tooo much now

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:23 am

Hi All,

Given the fact that no news was forthcoming on my wife's visa application, which she applied for on 30th June 2008, I emailed the BHC on 'visqry2.islamabad@fco.gov.uk'. This was after waiting basically 10weeks.

By the grace of Allah & everyones duas - I have had a response. The BHC has stated that my wifes passport is being returned to the Islamabad Gerry's office today.

Now I know that this is not necessary the end of it, as I know that it will take time for delivery & for Gerry's to pull their finger out & get the passport & all supporting docs ready for collection; also I know that at this moment it is not known what the outcome is - whether the passport has got the visa!!

I have been fortunate in that I received a pretty detailed response, basically stating that the whole process is heavily vetted at every step & that all documents are scrutinised and double-checked, hence why it can take so long. There is an element of luck whereby your application can get processed quicker than others, but was told that no-one should take that as an indicator for their applications. Each case is dealt with on its on merits. This is why they state that it is '60 working days' to process new applications.

I know that this is all 'official' spiel that they are going to tell me but I believe that it does provide some explanation to those desperate to hear something.

I was also advised by a friend that a lot of the time, applicants do not help their own cause - basically ensure that your documents are concise and all necessary information & supporting evidence is provided at the time of submission.

For 2nd applications and appeals, it does take longer. Also, if the ECO feels their is a need to call you for an interview then they will, but this process can in some cases be avoided if applicants provided clearcut evidence & accurately completed documentation.

I hope this helps you folks. Please do not panic once your read the above, to be honest its fairly obvious and logical information. I would say do not expend your energy on worrying what & how you submitted the applications once they are done, it will only upset you and achieves nothing.

Remain patient, keep positive and support your partners as well! Remember a SMILE is a cure to many ills :D

In this Holy Month, please pray that my wifes passport comes through very soon & that it has that visa stamp that I am so desperately hoping for.

I will keep you all updated.

Salaam.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:30 am

congrats oahmed

wht did the email read, bco i had a reply few days ago and it said my wifes application is ye to be assessed??

i am eally worried

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 am

You need to have authorisation from your partner to contact the BHC or VAC, otherwise you'll get a standard response (basically telling you nothing).

Sohail, in you case I do believe that it was an automated response that you recieved & I wouldn't get yourself worked up of it. The processing takes time & it will come through once completed inshallah.

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 am

hi oahmed

thanks for your responce, what is is that they gave me a strange ref, nothing like, gerry ref or passport no or anything, and after the ref no it said in bracket e.g.

ref 12345 (application recieved 3rd of Juky and is yet to be assessed)

and then under this the usual time scale jargon,

no where it mentioned i need authorization or anything like that, i think i have posted teh email somewhere here, can remeber

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 am

hi oahmed

this is how it read, i will replace original number with others

Dear Sir

Re : 1234567 (application received on 3 July and is yet to be assessed)

Thank you for your email

We endeavour to process all visa applications promptly upon receipt of the application, passport and all other relevant paperwork, including the fee. Islamabad is currently processing all straightforward applications within 10 working days. However if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 15 working days. Some applications may take additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made, for example if there is a need to refer to the Home Office in the UK,

We aim to process settlement applications within a similar time frame, however if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 60 days.

Applicants are therefore advised to consider time scales when lodging applications and not to make travel plans until the application process is complete.

How do I check the status of my application?

For a status update on your visa application you should contact the call centre, on 0900 10411 from a landline or 8865 from a mobile. These calls are charged at a premium rate of 10 Rps per minutes. If you are calling from the United Kingdom, the number to call for telephone enquiries is 00 92 51 209 8999.

Alternatively you can visit our website on www.ukvacpk.com.

Regards

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:08 pm

My response had the same ... a completely new reference number - but I dont think it means anything, it just their own referencing system.

I cant remember where but it does say somewhere that you need to have the applicants permission/authority to enquire on their behalf ... its kinda obvious for security reasons.

But that response that you got does suggest an automated response.

Is this your first application??

Hopefully, my wifes passport is being progressed now, that should mean applications around the same will hopefully move along too.

ChelseaRule - any news for you mate??

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:32 pm

yes this is our first application, my uncle went down today 2 gerry and the office for somereason is closed 2day??

pls pray for me

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:01 pm

Dont worry - you will hear some good news soon inshallah

Im just waiting for my wifes passport to get to Gerrys ISL & then my missus will get there - inshallah it will be positive news.

I will let you all know what happens :D Please pray for me.

Anyone else receiving any news at all ??? :?: :?: :?:

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Inshallah both of us along with everyone else waiting will get positive results in tehnext few days, by the grace of Allah, in this holy month

by the way, did ur wife sent in a authority letter to them or something, as you had an very uptodate responce in ur email

i am still hoping mine was automated, and hope our appl is being dealt with, Inshallah we will get good news

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am

Hi all

Anyone received any news lately ???
Progress updates???

:?: :?: :?:

chelsearule
Newly Registered

Post by chelsearule » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:12 am

Hi oahmed I'm so pleased for you at least you have had a response I'm still waiting, By my weird and wacky calculations I have worked out that it took them 65 days to give you a response and for me it is the 62 day. Hopefully soon I will also have a response possibly in the three days.

Please can I ask you if your status on the website has changed. I wish you and everyone the very best of luck. Please keep us informed of the outcome.

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:40 am

Hi ChelseaRule -

Thanks alot!!
The status on the website is exactly the same still 'application is forwarded to Islamabad OC'. But I dont expect this to change yet. The passport has been sent by the BHC but as we all know it takes Gerrys ages to get things sorted and the status changed.

I dont think they'll let us know til at least next week.

I am trying to contact them to get it sorted quickly so my wife can collect the passport to find out if she got the visa!!

Inshallah - you should be hearing some good news soon :D

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:42 am

For Everyones Information:

By the way the VAC Callcenter is running different times now due to Ramadan.

Only call the callcenter between 8am & 3pm Pakistan time!!

Sunzibad
Newly Registered

Post by Sunzibad » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 am

Sala'am,

I was just thinking, further to the message above in relation to phone-line times changing due to Ramadan, I hope this isn't the case in regard to working hours (or lack of them) at the BHC in Islamabad - God, I hope they don't shorten their days.

Sunny

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:17 am

For Everyones Information:

I spoke with the Islamabad VAC this morning - the office is running different times now due to Ramadan.

Its closed for the remainder of this week for security reasons and will reopen on Monday.

Personal visits are permitted between:
12pm & 3pm Pakistan time Mon to Thursday & 12pm to 2pm Pakistan time on Fridays!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

sohail123

Post by sohail123 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 am

hi oahmed

can i ask is it the mirpur office u r talking that is closed all week??