ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Query

Post by alijafri » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Dear Respected experts

I am applying for my Naturalisation online. I have a few questions.

In Residence requirements section, what has to be the answer ?

1. Are there any reasons why you cannot meet the requirements to become a British citizen (for example, you have had too many absences from the UK)?

2. If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application ?

I dont have any unusual circumstances and I have not spend any more than 40 days outside in last 1 year and 150ndays in last 5 years. So answer should be NO and NO ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Query

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:15 pm

No and no is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alijafri
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijafri » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm

Thank you CR

Also, there is a question

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

I provided my UK English degree last times (T1 Extension and ILR) - SHould i say Yes ?

If yes then should I provide my ''ILR application number'' in next question where it says
'Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had'

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:23 pm

alijafri wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm
Thank you CR

Also, there is a question

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

I provided my UK English degree last times (T1 Extension and ILR) - SHould i say Yes ?

If yes then should I provide my ''ILR application number'' in next question where it says
'Tell us the previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain you had'
Yes.

Indefinite Leave to Remain
(this question does not ask any reference number, simply state ILR)
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.