ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting British Passport for my Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sustbd
United Kingdom

Getting British Passport for my Child

Post by sustbd » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:03 pm

Hello,
I am planing to apply for 'Citizenship registration certificate' for my Child who is less than 2 years old using MN1 from as I have got my ILR recently.

1) I am wondering how my child will get British passport after getting British Citizenship registration certificate?

2) Do I need apply separately after getting the registration certificate?

3) Can I apply for the passport immediately after getting the certificate?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Getting British Passport for my Child

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:11 pm

1. You have to make a separate passport application once you have the registration certificate.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 pm

Thank you so much CR001. You are so helpful.

I have another question. In the MN1 form I need to provide Referee 1 as follow:

"one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion."

I have contacted with GP. They do not provide any reference. I have contacted the health visitor. They replied they do not provide any thing like this. I do not know any minister of religion. My child is not going to any nursery. I do not know any social worker. Then who will be my Child's first referee? Please advise.

Many thanks advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 am

sustbd wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 pm
I have contacted with GP. They do not provide any reference. I have contacted the health visitor. They replied they do not provide any thing like this. I do not know any minister of religion. My child is not going to any nursery. I do not know any social worker. Then who will be my Child's first referee? Please advise.

Write a cover letter and explain the same as stated above to HO. Provide evidence of communication with GP or Health Visitor also (if you have). HO is not strict with young kids referee. Find another referee who knows the child (not necessarily in professional capacity). Most likely it will be accepted, if not, HO will write to you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 am
sustbd wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:33 pm

Write a cover letter and explain the same as stated above to HO. Provide evidence of communication with GP or Health Visitor also (if you have). HO is not strict with young kids referee. Find another referee who knows the child (not necessarily in professional capacity). Most likely it will be accepted, if not, HO will write to you.
Hello CULLINAN,
Many thanks for your good advice. Would you please let me know what should I answer for the following question?
"Are you relying on your parent's permanent residence (either as an EEA National or the family
member of an EEA National) as evidence of their settled status in the United Kingdom?"

I am not EEA National or not a family member of EEA national. So as my child. Therefore, I put the answer as 'No'.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 pm

Correct.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sustbd
United Kingdom

Post by sustbd » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:56 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:49 pm
Correct.
Thanks.