ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Requirement for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ashieduplus
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Accomodation Requirement for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by Ashieduplus » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi

Please do I need a proof of accommodation for a Tier 2 Dependant application?

My wife will be applying for a Tier 2 Dependant Visa to join me in a less than 2 months and I am a bit confused. I have seen some posts on this forum that dependant visa's for Tier 2 category were refused for not providing this.

cc @Cr001

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Accomodation Requirement for Tier 2 Dependant Visa

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm

When I applied for my wife's dependent visa early last year, I was living in a shared accommodation and was searching for a flat of my own so someone suggested me to write a letter saying that I am attaching my payslips and I am currently searching for a flat of my own which I can afford in my salary. My wife's dependent visa application was sucessful and I am not sure that letter made any difference. My friend applied for his wife's dependent visa after us and he wrote the same letter and his wife's visa was granted as well.

Then there is another fellow in our office who first got a separate flat, got the property inspection report done and made sure his wife's name was on the tenancy agreement and then applied for the visa and their visa application was sucessful as well. In my personal opinion, HO doesn't really care about the accommodation requirement otherwise they would mention that in guidelines as well. The most important thing in a spouse visa application is proving that the relationship is genuine so pictures of you together, regular contact and other proofs like you sending your spouse money and other stuff is most important. Good luck

Ashieduplus
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ashieduplus » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:03 pm

Waseem432000 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:39 pm
When I applied for my wife's dependent visa early last year, I was living in a shared accommodation and was searching for a flat of my own so someone suggested me to write a letter saying that I am attaching my payslips and I am currently searching for a flat of my own which I can afford in my salary. My wife's dependent visa application was sucessful and I am not sure that letter made any difference. My friend applied for his wife's dependent visa after us and he wrote the same letter and his wife's visa was granted as well.

Then there is another fellow in our office who first got a separate flat, got the property inspection report done and made sure his wife's name was on the tenancy agreement and then applied for the visa and their visa application was sucessful as well. In my personal opinion, HO doesn't really care about the accommodation requirement otherwise they would mention that in guidelines as well. The most important thing in a spouse visa application is proving that the relationship is genuine so pictures of you together, regular contact and other proofs like you sending your spouse money and other stuff is most important. Good luck

Thanks a lot.

Thankfully my salary shows in my account so I'll reference that.

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Do attach three latest payslips from your employer as well. That should show the before and after tax and NI income.

Ashieduplus
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ashieduplus » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:10 am

Waseem432000 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:30 pm
Do attach three latest payslips from your employer as well. That should show the before and after tax and NI income.
I thought this was only necessary for Spouse Visa.

This would mean a support letter from my company too regarding the payslips.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:10 am

Ashieduplus wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:10 am
Waseem432000 wrote:

Payslips are NOT required for a PBS dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ashieduplus
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ashieduplus » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Ashieduplus wrote:
Waseem432000 wrote:

Payslips are NOT required for a PBS dependent visa.

My thoughts exactly. I only needed to explain to the ECO why I was staying in a flatshare to meet the accomodation requirements.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 am

There appears to be a lack of accommodation requirements in the Family members of Relevant Points Based System Migrants and Appendix W Workers rules, apart from those relating to children, 319H(l) and 319J(h):
All arrangements for the child’s care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ashieduplus
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ashieduplus » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:32 am
There appears to be a lack of accommodation requirements in the Family members of Relevant Points Based System Migrants and Appendix W Workers rules, apart from those relating to children, 319H(l) and 319J(h):
All arrangements for the child’s care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.
Thanks for the info. I will omit this information then. I will stick to proof of relationship and financial evidence.