ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR (M)

Post by grizza » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Hey all.

I am starting my ilr (m) application and want some clarification on two points:

1) I have been living with my partner in her parent's house since 2018 (they have another house so we live by ourselves without her parents rent free and only cover bills). Do I only need a proof of ownership of house + letter from parents granting us permission to stay etc ? I read somewhere we also need two bills in the house owners name? If that's the case does the bill need to show the address of the house where I live with my partner and/or the address where her parents currently live which they will use at the bottom of their house permission letter.

2) for ILR (M) the proof of absences is not required right ? In the application they ask to list absence from UK, is that just a simple list of my travel history timeline from the passport? I don't need extra evidence right from employer etc?

Many thanks!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (M)

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:54 pm

1. For accomodation you will need their (parents) ownership documents and noc letter. Also you will need 2 years of cohabitation documents from at least 3 sources with even gaps of 3-4 months. These should be 6 in number if joint named otherwise 12 if all in individual named.

2. No need of any absence letter rather just need to state the absence in the form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grizza » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:05 pm

Many thanks for your reply!

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grizza » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 pm

Hey !
Just started my online ILR M application and I am very confused. In the living arrangements section it is asking if I rent, own or neither. I chose neither as we live the house that is provided by my partner's dad rent free and explained that in the box provided. They asked to check the boxes to provide letter for property owner, property ownership details and ID document of property owner. So I checked all those.

Then in the next section they ask 'do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent free' I clicked YES. The next question was then 'is the person you are living with renting or the property owner?' now this is where I am confused cz my partner's dad doesn't live with us but he is the property owner. So I checked the property owner box and then again I was presented with the same set of documents I need to provide ( duplication of the previous entry i.e owner letter, ID and property ownership doc).

Am I doing this correctly? Do I just continue like this and simply explain the situation in the property letter and ignore the duplication of documents required in the document checklist section!?

Any helps is very appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:13 pm

grizza wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 pm
Hey !
Just started my online ILR M application and I am very confused. In the living arrangements section it is asking if I rent, own or neither. I chose neither as we live the house that is provided by my partner's dad rent free and explained that in the box provided. They asked to check the boxes to provide letter for property owner, property ownership details and ID document of property owner. So I checked all those.

Then in the next section they ask 'do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent free' I clicked YES. The next question was then 'is the person you are living with renting or the property owner?' now this is where I am confused cz my partner's dad doesn't live with us but he is the property owner. So I checked the property owner box and then again I was presented with the same set of documents I need to provide ( duplication of the previous entry i.e owner letter, ID and property ownership doc).

Am I doing this correctly? Do I just continue like this and simply explain the situation in the property letter and ignore the duplication of documents required in the document checklist section!?

Any helps is very appreciated.
Provide only one set of documents about accomodation and add a covering letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grizza » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Thanks a lot for you reply.

Just to clarify:
  • yes state that I live with family rent free and ignore the duplication in the checklist but only provide one set of documents and a cover letter explaining

Regarding passport of partner they specifically mention in the application that all blank pages needs to be scanned too. I read in here that for British citizen only first two biometric pages. Which is best to do?
Many thanks for your constant support and advice on this!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:26 pm

grizza wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:20 pm
Thanks a lot for you reply.

Just to clarify:
  • yes state that I live with family rent free and ignore the duplication in the checklist but only provide one set of documents and a cover letter explaining

Regarding passport of partner they specifically mention in the application that all blank pages needs to be scanned too. I read in here that for British citizen only first two biometric pages. Which is best to do?
Many thanks for your constant support and advice on this!
There are oscillating opinions & experiences but always an applicant should remain on top which in this case is to scan all pages including blank ones.

grizza
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by grizza » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:14 pm

Agreed ! Better safe than sorry.

Thanks again 😊