ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Sez30 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:52 pm
Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24 BST).

My application for Global Talent visa has been successful. BRP is on the way and should be delivered within 7 working days.

My timeline:
Online application submitted (& IHS fee paid): July 01, 2020
Biometrics done through IDV app: August 28, 2020
Duplicate biometrics submitted in-person appointment at Croydon due to me messing up IDV photo: August 29, 2020.

I don't know if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to all the people in this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
I suppose it depends on which photo is on your BRP to which biometrics they used?
Yes. Good thinking. Once I get the BRP, I shall confirm here it is the app selfie or the Croydon photo.

The IDV app selfie is against a dark background (actually a very busy background, with portions of pictures on the wall and cloth hangers etc on a bedroom door appearing on it).

The Croydon photo is against a light background, and is really professional. (On my request, the staff had turned their monitor around to see all the supporting docs including photo).

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:02 pm
@krishnakumarg
Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
It is alright. No hard feelings. Congratulations. I am happy for you. You have great potential when it comes to research/writing skills. Good luck for your future.
Thanks a lot. I am keeping up the hopes to transition one day from a perpetual post-doc role to a lectureship. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement, and for generously offering to bury the past.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:09 pm

@krishnakumarg

Cheers 😁
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:10 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:

My application for Global Talent visa has been successful. BRP is on the way and should be delivered within 7 working days.

My timeline:
Duplicate biometrics submitted in-person appointment at Croydon due to me messing up IDV photo: August 29, 2020.

I don't know if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to all the people in this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
Okay. So this just means that there is no problem in going to the in person appointment after submitting via the IDV app and actually, its giving way quicker results. I just have no hope for the IDV app so I might as well go for an in-person appointment now.

SUHE
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SUHE » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi, Kindly need an advise. I have a biometric appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I have already uploaded all the documents through UKVCAS. But email says to bring all the documents. Some documents are already exist as soft copies for an example pay slips. Do I have to print them and bring with me for the appointment?
Thanks.

Haom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Haom » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Sez30 wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

My timeline:

I suppose it depends on which photo is on your BRP to which biometrics they used?
Yes. Good thinking. Once I get the BRP, I shall confirm here it is the app selfie or the Croydon photo.

The IDV app selfie is against a dark background (actually a very busy background, with portions of pictures on the wall and cloth hangers etc on a bedroom door appearing on it).

The Croydon photo is against a light background, and is really professional. (On my request, the staff had turned their monitor around to see all the supporting docs including photo).
Congrats! So some hope that people using IDV app will receive the decision soon! Maybe one way of checking the photo can be checking your permission to work in the UK online, and to see if your photo and status is changed! not sure about this, just and idea!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:19 pm

SUHE wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:15 pm
Hi, Kindly need an advise. I have a biometric appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I have already uploaded all the documents through UKVCAS. But email says to bring all the documents. Some documents are already exist as soft copies for an example pay slips. Do I have to print them and bring with me for the appointment?
Thanks.
No need. Only carry the “ORIGINALS”. It is only recommended in case there is a poor scan that needs to be redone etc. Only your passport and appointment confirmation print is mandatory.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 pm

@hoam
photo can be checking your permission to work in the UK online, and to see if your photo and status is changed!
Good idea for @krishnakumarg. But I have a feeling the photo on the BRP will be the one taken at the UKVCAS as it was clearer.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:22 pm

Haom wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:06 pm
Sez30 wrote:
krishnakumarg wrote:

My timeline:

Congrats! So some hope that people using IDV app will receive the decision soon! Maybe one way of checking the photo can be checking your permission to work in the UK online, and to see if your photo and status is changed! not sure about this, just and idea!
Yeah good idea but I guess you will.need the new BRP number which this person might not have received yet.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:23 pm

Haom wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Thank you! I had some personal setbacks whilst waiting for this visa. But don't give up hope (It's easy for me to say now that I have got it, but I had a job offer rescinded, and also felt like a prisoner in the UK being unable to travel back home to see my spouse who had just gone through a miscarriage and my elderly parents). I am now heaving a sigh of relief, and looking to book tickets.

@Haom btw, you also applied for the Global Talent Visa, right?

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:58 pm
har_p3 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 pm
krishnakumarg wrote:
Got a decision from UKVI just a few minutes back (Sep 7, 2020 14:24).

My timeline:

I can't really say if it was the physical biometrics appointment that relatively sped up things in my case (or it can be taken as a sign that IDV applicants are getting decisions).

Anyway, thanks a lot to this forum. It has been tremendously helpful to be in this journey together. Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
Sorry for a daft question but is it for ILR or a different category of visa? Congratulations by the way!
The user has very clearly stated that they applied for a Global Talent Visa, so not ILR.
agreed. Not an expert of all different types of visa so thought of clarifying!

sam942
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sam942 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm

sam942 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:01 pm
Got the IDV invite at 5.25pm today. Applied for Tier 2 extension on the 7th of July.
Got the decision from the Home Office today at 3pm! Used the IDV app on the 29th of August when I got the invitation, but decided to book an appointment for the 2nd of September.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm

sam942 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm
sam942 wrote:
Got the IDV invite at 5.25pm today. Applied for Tier 2 extension on the 7th of July.
Got the decision from the Home Office today at 3pm! Used the IDV app on the 29th of August when I got the invitation, but decided to book an appointment for the 2nd of September.
Did dual biometric submission? Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm

asap8 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:53 pm
sam942 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
OP went for UKVCAS appointment instead not dual submission.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm
asap8 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
Thank you very much.

sam942
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sam942 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:54 pm
asap8 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. I did dual submission (29th August on the app and 2nd September in person) because I missed out on one of my documents when I submitted using the app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm

@sam942.

Please can you update which photo is on your BRP when it arrives? Also, if your current BRP is still valid you maybe able to check that on the “prove work rights” on the gov website. It will help deducing the dual biometrics submission science.

sam942
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sam942 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:19 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm
@sam942.

Please can you update which photo is on your BRP when it arrives? Also, if your current BRP is still valid you maybe able to check that on the “prove work rights” on the gov website. It will help deducing the dual biometrics submission science.
Will update when I get my BRP.

Also checked the right to work site. The expiry date has been updated to my new visa expiry date, but the photo is reused from my current BRP.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm

How do you check the right to work expiry date without your new BRP number?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm
How do you check the right to work expiry date without your new BRP number?
You can check if your current BRP is not expired yet.

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Last edited by CULLINAN on Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:22 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:08 pm
Apologies to cullinan and iamawonder for any consternation I have caused to them in the past.
No hard feelings brother. Apologies to you also if I caused any bad feelings.
And many congratulations on your visa. Good luck. Take care!

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:27 pm

sam942 wrote:
sam942 wrote:
Congratulations. This is interesting. Hard to say whether dual submission is yielding faster result.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:29 pm

I personally believe the decision pace is same for biometrics submitted via IDV app or UKVCAS @ those chosen for biometrics reuse in the first place.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Hi,

I applied for a Tier 4 UK Visa online today.

I tried booking an appointment online for submitting my Biometric documents and I could not find any slot anywhere. What do I do? I understand from the Government Website that UKVI will try to reuse my fingerprint from last time (as I am already a student in the UK) and that we have to submit the documents online and only if they can't get hold of my fingerprints will they ask me to come to the Biometrics centre? Is my understanding correct? Or will they still ask me to attend biometrics appointment?

If so, how to I book the appointment?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:42 pm

RIYER wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:35 pm
Hi,

I applied for a Tier 4 UK Visa online today.

I tried booking an appointment online for submitting my Biometric documents and I could not find any slot anywhere. What do I do? I understand from the Government Website that UKVI will try to reuse my fingerprint from last time (as I am already a student in the UK) and that we have to submit the documents online and only if they can't get hold of my fingerprints will they ask me to come to the Biometrics centre? Is my understanding correct? Or will they still ask me to attend biometrics appointment?

If so, how to I book the appointment?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!
You will be notified about the next step via email; either to book an appointment OR your biometrics can be reused and you will have to submit via the IDV app. For now system is only open for applicants who applied before 28th Aug. You need to wait for an official update from UKVCAS.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833