ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transefer to new passport which form?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutepearl

Transefer to new passport which form?

Post by cutepearl » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Does anyone know how to transefer Residence Card EU to a new passport ? which application form to use ? how long and how much does it take and cost.??

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 am

Applying under European law wrote:Transfer of residence card or stamp

If you are issued with a new passport and want your residence card or family member residence stamp transferred you will need to make a new application. You should complete the appropriate application form and provide the required supporting documents.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Transefer to new passport which form?

Post by Rozen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 pm

cutepearl wrote:Does anyone know how to transefer Residence Card EU to a new passport ? which application form to use ? how long and how much does it take and cost.??

Thanks in advance.
No special form, I'm afraid. You just have to start the whole effing procedure all over again! :x

Seriously! You may even have to wait out the whole six months, or more if you're unlucky.

I've got a new passport in my married name, but I can't be bothered to go through the whole hassle again, so I'll just make do with travelling with two passports (and marriage cert) for now. :(

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:27 pm

i think i should do the same ... but will it be ok if i send in the photocopies of the passports and apply all over again :( at least i will have my passports with me for all this time and then i can send it when they request it to stamp the residence card in ...

i guess it would work ?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:24 pm

cutepearl wrote:i think i should do the same ... but will it be ok if i send in the photocopies of the passports and apply all over again :( at least i will have my passports with me for all this time and then i can send it when they request it to stamp the residence card in ...

i guess it would work ?
Might work! Worth giving the Home Office a call to find out.