ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa for new wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HXM872

UK Spouse Visa for new wife

Post by HXM872 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:15 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding my situation. In 2015, I sponsored my ex-wife for UK spouse visa and she came to UK. Over the years, we got separated & divorced and she stayed in the UK by getting ILR based on domestic violence (DV). Now, I am looking to marry another person in Pakistan and sponsor her application for UK spouse visa. As my ex-wife had obtained ILR based on DV, would that affect UK spouse visa for my new wife ?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Spouse Visa for new wife

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:02 pm

HXM872 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:15 am
Hi,

I have a query regarding my situation. In 2015, I sponsored my ex-wife for UK spouse visa and she came to UK. Over the years, we got separated & divorced and she stayed in the UK by getting ILR based on domestic violence (DV). Now, I am looking to marry another person in Pakistan and sponsor her application for UK spouse visa. As my ex-wife had obtained ILR based on DV, would that affect UK spouse visa for my new wife ?

Thanks
The outcome of the application won't be affected but the application will definitely undergo draconian checks. Better to keep prepared a very persuasive covering letter along with very robust subsisting relationship evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

HXM872

Post by HXM872 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm

I guess thats worrying for me when you say "draconian checks". Dont know what my ex-wife had put in her ILR (DV) application, but I dont have any criminal records. Can home office decline visa of my new wife based on my past situation ? .

In terms of persuasive covering letter, do you mean persuasive in establishing subsistent relationship with my new wife or explaining/clarifying my past relationship with ex-wife ?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:08 pm

HXM872 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm
I guess thats worrying for me when you say "draconian checks". Dont know what my ex-wife had put in her ILR (DV) application, but I dont have any criminal records. Can home office decline visa of my new wife based on my past situation ? .

In terms of persuasive covering letter, do you mean persuasive in establishing subsistent relationship with my new wife or explaining/clarifying my past relationship with ex-wife ? The persuasive letter is predicated on the previous situation with your ex wife especially since what she wrote is not known to you in order not to jeopardize chances of the new wife getting spouse visa, therefore you do need t go above and beyond to convince HO of not being what you are probably portrayed to be.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:08 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:08 pm
HXM872 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm

In terms of persuasive covering letter, do you mean persuasive in establishing subsistent relationship with my new wife or explaining/clarifying my past relationship with ex-wife ? The persuasive letter is predicated on the previous situation with your ex wife especially since what she wrote is not known to you in order not to jeopardize chances of the new wife getting spouse visa, therefore you do need t go above and beyond to convince HO of not being what you are probably portrayed to be.

Thanks

HXM872

Post by HXM872 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:43 am

Thanks for the responses. Considering the complications and complexity of satisfying the HO officer , I am now rethinking of marrying in Pakistan.
@Casa, I was wondering if you could please provide a second opinion if you agree with the responses above ?
Thanks