ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

domeonga96
United States of America

Applying to Extend Spouse Visa

Post by domeonga96 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi all, I am back again after several years as I am approaching the expiry date for my spouse visa which is this November. I am starting to get my documents together so that I can submit my application in October and would really like some advice. Since being granted my first 2.5 years on the spouse visa, my husband and I got married and bought a flat which we have a mortgage on which I hope will really help in term of providing evidence. What advice would anyone out there give in terms of what to evidence to provide apart from marriage certificate, property info etc? Also an important thing for me to mention is that my husband has been made redundant since March due to COVID19. I am nervous that this may affect the application. I am working and have been employed since 2018 and meet the financial requirement (25k before tax) but was furloughed receiving only 80% of my pay up until this month. Will this have a negative impact on my application? What are some do's and don'ts this time around? Would really appreciate the advice!!

Also do you think that it is appropriate to apply for the fee waiver due to reduced/low income as a result of COVID19? Really appreciate all the help. Below is a checklist of some documents I figured I will need to include in my application:

APPLICANT DOCUMENTS:
My current passport
My previous passport (which shows the UK Student visa I was on before)
2 Passport sized photos (of myself)
Copy of husband’s passport photo
Copy of my BRP (should I send in the original?)

FINANCIAL PROOF

6 months of original stamped banked statement from myself showing income
6 months of printed copies of payslips from myself
Husband? He has had no income. May still be useful to include them for proof of loss of income.
Email from husband's previous employer confirming he was let go due to COVID19

ACCOMMODATION

Copy of letter confirming existing mortgage with Natwest (showing both owner's names)
Copy of council tax bill
Copy of service charge bill
Should I include photos of the flat? May be helpful for evidence.
Utility bills e.g. water, gas etc.

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

Original Marriage Certificate
Wedding & Honeymoon Photos - 20 photos
Ticket confirmations of travel during time on visa
Wedding cards
Cards exchanged between husband and I for anniversaries/holidays
Link to our couples YT channel documenting our life as a couple from different parts of the world

vinny

Re: Applying to Extend Spouse Visa

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:33 am

Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus up to 31 August, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 August 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
See also Fee waiver: Human Rights-based and other specified applications. Probably inappropriate, if remaining on 5-year partner path.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

domeonga96
United States of America

Spouse Visa Extension Advice

Post by domeonga96 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi all,

I’m not sure if this question is in the right category, (so please let me know if not), but I’ve now submitted my online application as of yesterday for the extended 2.5 year period on the 5 year route for Spouse Visa and have also paid the IHS surcharge.

I’ve gone to try to book a biometrics appointment and the earliest date available is 02 November. Will this be an issue as I understood previously that you only have a certain amount of time after submitting your online application to send in the supporting documents. I fear that waiting a month to send them in may negatively impact my application. Could someone advise? I’ve tried calling the booking centre to see if I can get any earlier slots and no luck getting through. I’m willing to pay for an urgent appointment if need be. Thanks in advance for the advice!

(Just to provide more detail my visa expires on 21 November 2020.)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying to Extend Spouse Visa

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:07 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:51 pm
Hi all, I am back again after several years as I am approaching the expiry date for my spouse visa which is this November. I am starting to get my documents together so that I can submit my application in October and would really like some advice. Since being granted my first 2.5 years on the spouse visa, my husband and I got married and bought a flat which we have a mortgage on which I hope will really help in term of providing evidence. What advice would anyone out there give in terms of what to evidence to provide apart from marriage certificate, property info etc? Also an important thing for me to mention is that my husband has been made redundant since March due to COVID19. I am nervous that this may affect the application. I am working and have been employed since 2018 and meet the financial requirement (25k before tax) but was furloughed receiving only 80% of my pay up until this month. Will this have a negative impact on my application? What are some do's and don'ts this time around? Would really appreciate the advice!! No negative impact, see link and quote above.

Also do you think that it is appropriate to apply for the fee waiver due to reduced/low income as a result of COVID19? not appropriate in my opinion Really appreciate all the help. Below is a checklist of some documents I figured I will need to include in my application:

APPLICANT DOCUMENTS:
My current passport
My previous passport (which shows the UK Student visa I was on before)
2 Passport sized photos (of myself)
Copy of husband’s passport photo
Copy of my BRP (should I send in the original?)

FINANCIAL PROOF

6 months of original stamped banked statement from myself showing income
6 months of printed copies of payslips from myself
Husband? He has had no income. May still be useful to include them for proof of loss of income.
Email from husband's previous employer confirming he was let go due to COVID19

ACCOMMODATION

Copy of letter confirming existing mortgage with Natwest (showing both owner's names)
Copy of council tax bill
Copy of service charge bill
Should I include photos of the flat? May be helpful for evidence.
Utility bills e.g. water, gas etc.

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

Original Marriage Certificate
Wedding & Honeymoon Photos - 20 photos
Ticket confirmations of travel during time on visa
Wedding cards
Cards exchanged between husband and I for anniversaries/holidays
Link to our couples YT channel documenting our life as a couple from different parts of the world

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Advice

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:10 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,

I’m not sure if this question is in the right category, (so please let me know if not), but I’ve now submitted my online application as of yesterday for the extended 2.5 year period on the 5 year route for Spouse Visa and have also paid the IHS surcharge.

I’ve gone to try to book a biometrics appointment and the earliest date available is 02 November. Will this be an issue as I understood previously that you only have a certain amount of time after submitting your online application to send in the supporting documents. I fear that waiting a month to send them in may negatively impact my application. Could someone advise? I’ve tried calling the booking centre to see if I can get any earlier slots and no luck getting through. I’m willing to pay for an urgent appointment if need be. Thanks in advance for the advice!

(Just to provide more detail my visa expires on 21 November 2020.)
There will be no issue with you going for appointment on the stated date. It took longer than that after opening up post covid n and people were not penalised.

domeonga96
United States of America

Supporting Documents and Biometrics Appointment

Post by domeonga96 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 pm

Hi all,

I have a biometrics appointment booked for the morning of Tuesday, 3rd November and hope this won’t be an issue attending. I haven’t received any cancellation notification so I will attend anyway as planned as lockdown is not due to commence until Thursday.

I have uploaded many of the essential supporting documents onto my UKVCAS account and have heard that they must also be brought to my biometrics appointment. Will I still need to mail off the documents including my passport etc? If so does anyone know where they need to be posted to for Spouse Visas (extension). It’s been a while since I’ve gone through this process and can’t remember if I will be given an address to send the documents at my appointment.

Many thanks would appreciate the advice!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Supporting Documents and Biometrics Appointment

Post by Korekt » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:31 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:08 pm
Hi all,

I have a biometrics appointment booked for the morning of Tuesday, 3rd November and hope this won’t be an issue attending. I haven’t received any cancellation notification so I will attend anyway as planned as lockdown is not due to commence until Thursday.
It hopefully would be ok.
I have uploaded many of the essential supporting documents onto my UKVCAS account and have heard that they must also be brought to my biometrics appointment.
It's not a must to take them along, and you need to upload all the required/mandatory documents not just "many of the essential".
Will I still need to mail off the documents including my passport etc?
No.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

domeonga96
United States of America

Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Post by domeonga96 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Hello all,

I have all my documents together for my visa biometrics appointment tomorrow and I just wanted to do one last check with regard to my items of correspondence provided over the last 2 years. My husband and I lived with my in laws from May 2018 to July 2019 when we moved into our flat so we have some items held jointly. I understand at least 6 items need to be provided. We’ve provided 3 items for ourselves held jointly which include our energy, water and council tax bills for the period of July 2019 to current. We have also provided other items of correspondence addressed individually to us from our previous address during the respective dates. My question is - is it okay for us to provide several different items of correspondence as long as they span across the appropriate period? For example, I could only find phone bills dating back to December 2018 so I had to find other items of correspondence. Would an item need to be shown for each month?
Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting Documents for Spouse Visa - Items of Correspondence

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:10 pm

domeonga96 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:01 pm
My question is - is it okay for us to provide several different items of correspondence as long as they span across the appropriate period? For example, I could only find phone bills dating back to December 2018 so I had to find other items of correspondence. Would an item need to be shown for each month?
Thanks!
The evidences must be from at least 3 different sources with even gaps of 3-4 months, and wherever necessary, even the evidences addressed in sole names can be complemented with jointly named evidences. Also, any evidences bearing the name, address, date from any credible source/organisation can be utilized. You can repeat the evidences from same source provided some other evidences should also belong to 2 other sources too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.