ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Joint application

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:39 am

Hello, all family members. Thank you for all your advice you are giving to everyone. I got my indefinite leave to remain on 16th January 2020. Can you please help me in few questions:
Do I need any address proof letters in joint names or single applicant in naturalisation application?
From which date I should apply in 2021?
Can I apply for Naturalisation and British passport application at same time? ( As my husband applied for joint application in 2016 and it was very fast. How it will work now?

Thank you🙏

secret.simon

Re: Joint application

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am

Kindsoul wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:39 am
Can I apply for Naturalisation and British passport application at same time?
No, that functionality is no longer available. You can apply for a British passport after getting your naturalisation certificate.

If your spouse is a British citizen, you can apply now. Indeed, you could have applied the day of getting your ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm

Do I need any address proof letters in joint names or single applicant in naturalisation application?
No.
From which date I should apply in 2021?
You could have applied as soon as you got ilr if you meet the 3 year residence requirement as the spouse of a British citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have little confusion in applying for naturalisation form online.
My husband got ilr on the basis of ten year long residency in 2015 and after 12 months in 2016 he applied for British passport through joint application. After his ilr I have to wait for 5 years as his dependent. In January 2020 I got my ilr. Maybe I have to apply for naturalisation application in January 2021 from after which date I got my ilr or I can apply now anytime? Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:59 pm

You could have applied as soon as you got ilr in January 2020. The route your spouse takes to ilr and citizenship is irrelevant. The requirment is that you must be married to a British citizen (regardless if route), to apply without waiting 12 months on your own ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:59 pm
You could have applied as soon as you got ilr in January 2020. The route your spouse takes to ilr and citizenship is irrelevant. The requirment is that you must be married to a British citizen (regardless if route), to apply without waiting 12 months on your own ilr.
Thanks very much CR001. Is there any official reference to it? because I do not want any delay, rejection or any sort of complications during the naturalisation process. This forum has helped us immensely in our immigration journey . The only reason I am asking because I don't want any disappointment later.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:53 pm

Have you reviewed the AN guidance?
Page 5 to 7:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

If NOT married to British spouse you must have held ILR for 12 month.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Or this:
https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse
This advice is given to members on a daily basis!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 am

Thank you very much for your reply.I did not know about that I can apply straight away after my ilr 🙏

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Naturalisation questions

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi to all,
I am in the process of filling an online application for naturalisation and came across few question for which we are seeking advice . Kindly look at them below:

Q: Do you have previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

Yes No

Shall I fill my indifinite leave to remain visa ( SET M) details here ( very recent one)

OR previous visa eg. FLR (M ).

Q: Have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad?

Yes No

If I select yes then it ask to provide further:

Name in which you made the application?

What to fill here? Previous visa application details ( indifinite leave to remain) Or something else

Q: Regarding the identity proof documents do I have to upload the pass port copy ( front or back) or all the blank pages too?

Please advice ...

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation questions

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Shall I fill my indifinite leave to remain visa ( SET M) details here ( very recent one)

Most recent ILR is fine.

Q: Have you made any previous UK immigration application in the UK or abroad?
You have to list ALL as stated in the question.
State in format as:

Your full name [Category Name]
For example: Mr. X [SET(M)]

Regarding the identity proof documents do I have to upload the pass port copy ( front or back) or all the blank pages too?
I am assuming you mean partner’s British passport for ID? Bio page is enough.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Sorry for the confusion i have already scan my british spouse all passport pages. I want to confirm about my passport as a naturalisation applicant. Do i need to scan every single page of my passport or just two main pages (front and back).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Kindsoul wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Sorry for the confusion i have already scan my british spouse all passport pages. I want to confirm about my passport as a naturalisation applicant. Do i need to scan every single page of my passport or just two main pages (front and back).
Biometric and ALL stamped pages. How else will you prove your residence and physical presence in the UK!!

British spouse you ONLY need the biometric front page. The rest is completely irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:56 pm
Kindsoul wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:54 pm
Biometric and ALL stamped pages. How else will you prove your residence and physical presence in the UK!!

British spouse you ONLY need the biometric front page. The rest is completely irrelevant.
Thanks CR001. Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

As I understand:
Main applicant : [dependent]; ( for naturalisation) front and back pages alongside with all the stamped pages, Brp card to prove identity

And from my British partner ( his British passport front page only I assume.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 pm

Correct yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:44 pm
Correct yes.
Thanks very much . Have a great evening.
Regards

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Naturalisation appointment

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 am

Hello, I am in the process of submitting my online naturalisation application. But it's only giving me the standard service option ( which says it will take 6 months to process your application). Can't we get any primum service option in current situation (not sure). One more thing every one is discussing about IDV app. What is this app all about. Can you please explain it to me. And last if I will submit my application and pay will I able to get any appointment in primum service center.🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation appointment

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:42 am

Kindsoul wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 am
Hello, I am in the process of submitting my online naturalisation application. But it's only giving me the standard service option ( which says it will take 6 months to process your application). Can't we get any primum service option in current situation (not sure). One more thing every one is discussing about IDV app. What is this app all about. Can you please explain it to me. And last if I will submit my application and pay will I able to get any appointment in primum service center.🙏
There is no premium service for citizenship applications, there never was even before COVID. You only have standard service.

IDV app is to do your biometric photo and liveliness check through an app. You will be notified if you are eligible for it or if you have to book a biometric appointment. You can't choose which option you want.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation appointment

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:42 am
Kindsoul wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:41 am
There is no premium service for citizenship applications, there never was even before COVID. You only have standard service.

IDV app is to do your biometric photo and liveliness check through an app. You will be notified if you are eligible for it or if you have to book a biometric appointment. You can't choose which option you want.

Many thanks CR001. So as I understand I should go ahead and apply online in normal way then they will explain or guide regarding further process eg doing biometric through IDV app etc, hope I understood correctly.

Regards

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Application submitted

Post by Kindsoul » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Hello, I have submitted my naturalisation application online on 1st September and uploaded my all supporting documents on ukvcas. I got the email from ukvi on 2nd September that your application has been received and it's being considered. Can you please advise me that can I do anything else on my application or everything has been done from my side.
How it will be work further. Can you please explain me.
Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Application submitted

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:42 pm

Follow this topic for similar questions:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 99581.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Kindsoul wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 pm
Hello, I have submitted my naturalisation application online on 1st September and uploaded my all supporting documents on ukvcas. I got the email from ukvi on 2nd September that your application has been received and it's being considered. Can you please advise me that can I do anything else on my application or everything has been done from my side.
How it will be work further. Can you please explain me.
Many thanks
I have replied you in the thread provided above.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Thank you very much

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:17 pm

I am sorry to mention that before I have uploaded and submitted my supporting documents on ukvcas.
Thank you once again for your reply.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Urgent

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:11 am

Following the process of my naturalisation application I have asked to upload documents & photo through IDV app . Under ID verification section what should I suppose to upload as it has various options:

Brp card
Travel document (are they asking for front page of my passport)
Visa(a)
Visa(b)

What should I upload as it's only giving me 1 photo to upload among the options mentioned above
Should it be BRP card
Or
Passport front page

Please suggest

Regards