ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

Naturalisation Application after ILR

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Hi,

I am sorry in advance if I am asking this question but couldn't find a clear answer to this situation. I'v read through several posts / but no specific answer, if you can please advise. The moderator can delete this thread if I am repeating something and please direct me to the relevant page.

I am a non-EEA family member who came to the UK on EEA Family Permit on 10th September 2014. After 5 years as a Non-EEA Family Member, I applied for Settled Status under EU Settlement Scheme, I have got settled status also called ILR on 5th October 2019. My question is, I will be 6 years in the UK as non-eea family member on 10th September 2020 (first entered the UK on EEA FP on 10/9/2014) , when can I apply for British Naturalisation? Should I go by the Settled Status Date which is 5th October 2019 (12 Mnths will be completed on 5/10/2020) or by my 6 years time completed which is 10th September 2020.

Thanks for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application after ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:50 pm

It is 12 months from the date of your Settled Status - i.e. 5/10/2020.
Refer to the guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
The six years date would only apply if you had a PR document under EU Regulations (note that Settled Status is under UK regulations).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Application after ILR

Post by yousuf2015 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Many thanks for your reply. You answer explains the query clearly.

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by yousuf2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:19 pm

Hi,

Sorry in advance if I am asking a question asked before, I couldn't find answer.

My question is, I am applying for British Naturalisation and I came across with question in the online form, "Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

I have put my Residence Card details and also my EEA Family permit on which I entered in the UK. From memory I remember also made a visitor visa application 6 or 7 years ago just for visit but I don't remember at all and have no documents for it. Should I ignore it I mean the general visitor visa application?

Thanks,
Shah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Topics merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Don’t ignore any applications that you remember making. But if you cannot remember the details, then add that you cannot remember the details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

Post by yousuf2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:29 pm
Don’t ignore any applications that you remember making. But if you cannot remember the details, then add that you cannot remember the details.
Hi Vinny,
Many thanks for your prompt reply. It was a visitor visa, I thought visit visa is different form Immigration application, just a layman approach.

yousuf2015
United Kingdom

Post by yousuf2015 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:20 pm

vinny wrote:
Hi Vinny,
Just one last question in the online application it says "Name in which you made the application" I believe the means the name of visa category i.e. Residence card, Family permit etc.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:23 pm

Or it may refer to applicant’s name? Some may have changed names?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:27 pm

yousuf2015 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:20 pm
vinny wrote:
Hi Vinny,
Just one last question in the online application it says "Name in which you made the application" I believe the means the name of visa category i.e. Residence card, Family permit etc.
Your name and surname.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.