ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:56 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:19 pm

For ILR Applicants who have received email with subject starting with UKVI DELAY NOTICE, have you had any further communication since this email? Or is this a generic email.

I have applied for SET(O) ILR and submitted biometrics through IDV and now received a similar email today, with content:
Although we would normally decide your application within six months from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
Don't worry about this email. It's generic, goes out randomly. People have reported receiving it also after getting their BRPs!

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:07 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:47 pm
berege wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:22 pm
I have written to UKVCAS over Twitter and to my surprise, they have replied very quickly.

However, the reply I got is a rather interesting one.

Even though I opted out on 7th of August for an in-person appointment, which I had believed it'd be faster than App and still had no correspondence on that front,
UKVCAS replied to me saying that "I can see on the system that you've been granted access to the app on 04/09."

What on earth is going on?! As I applied through solicitor, I asked them how to proceed in this case. I don't know if anyone is in a similar situation but wanted to let you know all the awaiting applicants.

June 12th applicant, Set O, with a dependent
Applied through solicitor
Opted out for in-person appointment.
Not particularly judging your solicitor but with so many people struggling through solicitors, looks like there are some dodgy ones out there. Moderators and gurus on this forum are more knowledgeable. It's a shame that solicitors are not paying serious attention that is required even though they charge a handsome amount.
Thanks Cullinan and iamawonder for your replies.

Solicitor has come back as well and confirming Home Office reached out to them yesterday and now they're uploading documents onto Home Office.

I don't think the solicitor my company is working with is nowhere to be dodgy, to be completely honest with you. But it's the inconsistency that surprises me on UKVCAS and UKVI.

Because even though I opted out, my application processed to be via IDV App by the looks of it. I am waiting for the instructions from solicitors now to complete the process hopefully for me and my wife.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:10 pm

berege wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Solicitor has come back as well and confirming Home Office reached out to them yesterday and now they're uploading documents onto Home Office.

I don't think the solicitor my company is working with is nowhere to be dodgy, to be completely honest with you. But it's the inconsistency that surprises me on UKVCAS and UKVI.

Because even though I opted out, my application processed to be via IDV App by the looks of it. I am waiting for the instructions from solicitors now to complete the process hopefully for me and my wife.
Good to hear that. Good luck!

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:17 pm

berege wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:07 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:47 pm
berege wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:22 pm
I have written to UKVCAS over Twitter and to my surprise, they have replied very quickly.

However, the reply I got is a rather interesting one.

Even though I opted out on 7th of August for an in-person appointment, which I had believed it'd be faster than App and still had no correspondence on that front,
UKVCAS replied to me saying that "I can see on the system that you've been granted access to the app on 04/09."

What on earth is going on?! As I applied through solicitor, I asked them how to proceed in this case. I don't know if anyone is in a similar situation but wanted to let you know all the awaiting applicants.

June 12th applicant, Set O, with a dependent
Applied through solicitor
Opted out for in-person appointment.
Not particularly judging your solicitor but with so many people struggling through solicitors, looks like there are some dodgy ones out there. Moderators and gurus on this forum are more knowledgeable. It's a shame that solicitors are not paying serious attention that is required even though they charge a handsome amount.

Glad for you. If I was in your place now; I would book the appointment and give biometrics rather then use the idv app.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:19 pm

@berege
Not trying to judge the credibility of your solicitor but sticking to the topic; you applied on June 12th and your solicitor is uploading your documents now?

Well the solicitor could have uploaded your documents before and submitted to UKVI on 10th July (when this option was rolled out via UKVCAS) if they were vigilant.

Probably would have saved you some processing time. But anyways, good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:19 pm
@berege
Not trying to judge the credibility of your solicitor but sticking to the topic; you applied on June 12th and your solicitor is uploading your documents now?

Well the solicitor could have uploaded your documents before and submitted to UKVI on 10th July (when this option was rolled out via UKVCAS) if they were vigilant.

Probably would have saved you some processing time. But anyways, good luck.
If I had known these particularities you know, believe me, I would not only fry them but also my HR department in the company.

As long as I get the decision within this month, I will be relieved.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 pm

@Cullinan,

To prod a bit further on the above. What is the significance of hitting the 'submit' button on UKVCAS website when you cannot actually book biometrics appointment or have login access to the IDV app?

I have submitted SET(LR) on 29th August and uploaded documents to UKVCAS website but did not hit the 'submit' button yet.
Awaiting to hear back on biometric re-use or IDV app access
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:15 pm

Please does any of the gurus have any idea why someone wouldn't receive an email to register with UKVCAS after payment? I have a friend who applied 31st of August but didn't receive any code to register with UKVCAS. He has sent.an email, tried calling for close to an hour on phone (they didn't pick up) and also messaged their Twitter handle.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:17 pm

In keeping with the subject of this thread, i.e. Covid 19-related biometrics delays, it does appear that applicants who relied on solicitors have faced some hurdles or other. At a minimum, there is the standard round-trip delay between them receiving UKVI emails in their inbox and you being informed of it. Since UKVCAS communications about IDV app etc seem to arrive only after 7 pm, the earliest you get the information would be the next business day.

I wonder why applicants use solicitors. The guidance for every visa route I have applied a are cleanly written and regularly updated by the UKVI to fix corner cases and special circumstances.

I applied for the following visas in the past
Tier4 PBS - July 2014 and Dec 2018
Tier4 PBS dependent - Feb 2015
Standard visitor visa - March 2016, and May 2019
Tier4 Doctorate Extension - April 2019
Tier 2 Visa - July 2019
Global Talent Visa - July 2020

All these were straightforward with no issues encountered. Considering biometrics-delays etc, I am curious why would someone pay £££ and hire a solicitor to give up control of the process? It does seem like a lose-lose game to me.

Not to offend anyone, but I am merely trying to understand the point of a solicitor (it is only in this forum that I first hear the word "solicitor").

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:21 pm

Good to hear that the IDV app decisions are coming in.
Applied 4th April
Received IDV invite on the 22/8/2020. Did it same evening
Still waiting ..... 🤔 Getting really frustrated!!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:15 pm
Please does any of the gurus have any idea why someone wouldn't receive an email to register with UKVCAS after payment? I have a friend who applied 31st of August but didn't receive any code to register with UKVCAS. He has sent.an email, tried calling for close to an hour on phone (they didn't pick up) and also messaged their Twitter handle.
He should've received an email on 'payment confirmation'
This email has a link 'return to your application' which he can click and register with UKVCAS
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:28 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
This email has a link 'return to your application' which he can click and register with UKVCAS
Thanks for your reply. He did it and they said they are sending a code which he never received till date.

berege
Turkey

Post by berege » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:32 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:17 pm
In keeping with the subject of this thread, i.e. Covid 19-related biometrics delays, it does appear that applicants who relied on solicitors have faced some hurdles or other. At a minimum, there is the standard round-trip delay between them receiving UKVI emails in their inbox and you being informed of it. Since UKVCAS communications about IDV app etc seem to arrive only after 7 pm, the earliest you get the information would be the next business day.

I wonder why applicants use solicitors. The guidance for every visa route I have applied a are cleanly written and regularly updated by the UKVI to fix corner cases and special circumstances.

Tier 2 Visa - July 2019

All these were straightforward with no issues encountered. Considering biometrics-delays etc, I am curious why would someone pay £££ and hire a solicitor to give up control of the process? It does seem like a lose-lose game to me.

Not to offend anyone, but I am merely trying to understand the point of a solicitor (it is only in this forum that I first hear the word "solicitor").
in my case, I am on a Tier 2 visa and my company handles the procedures with Home Office through solicitors. So, I don't have any say on this unfortunately.

SIyer
India

Post by SIyer » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Quick update guys - As posted earlier I opted not to submit via the IDV app and submitted my biometrics on Friday at Lansdowne road centre. Subsequently I’ve received my decision email today, you can check out the details in the timeline thread. Thanks a lot to everyone for the advise and moral support.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:13 pm

poper wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 pm
@Cullinan,

To prod a bit further on the above. What is the significance of hitting the 'submit' button on UKVCAS website when you cannot actually book biometrics appointment or have login access to the IDV app?

I have submitted SET(LR) on 29th August and uploaded documents to UKVCAS website but did not hit the 'submit' button yet.
Post-covid: There is a general consensus that UKVI carries out some sort of processing even before biometrics submission.

If not, what was the purpose of introducing this new “submit button” feature in the first place?

And why would you not want to submit your documents to UKVI when they have allowed you to?

Clearly HO can not start processing your application without the documents so the best approach is to take advantage of the new feature.

Possibly it would speed up your decision after you submit biometrics.

But obviously, its your personal choice.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:15 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:13 pm
poper wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 pm
@Cullinan,

Post-covid: There is a general consensus that UKVI carries out some sort of processing even before biometrics submission.

If not, what was the purpose of introducing this new “submit button” feature in the first place?

And why would you not want to submit your documents to UKVI when they have allowed you to?

Clearly HO can not start processing your application without the documents so the best approach is to take advantage of the new feature.

Possibly it would speed up your decision after you submit biometrics.

But obviously, its your personal choice.
Makes sense. Will submit today
Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Log in to UKVI account. Press “book an appointment.” The system will reroute you to register an account on UKVCAS. The code usually ends up in Junk folder. No special email is sent to register with UKVCAS, its applicants responsibility to carry out the steps mentioned on “further actions page” @ UKI account.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:20 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:28 pm
poper wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. He did it and they said they are sending a code which he never received till date.
The code never came to me also when i registered on UKVCAS using a GMAIL account(not even in spam folder). So, I immediately tried with OUTLOOK email and the code was received instantly. So, try another email provider.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:23 pm

SIyer wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:41 pm
Quick update guys - As posted earlier I opted not to submit via the IDV app and submitted my biometrics on Friday at Lansdowne road centre. Subsequently I’ve received my decision email today, you can check out the details in the timeline thread. Thanks a lot to everyone for the advise and moral support.
Congrats SIyer. I remember you worrying when there was no clarity regarding the missed invites in first round. I was in the same boat. How times changed!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 pm

@iamawonder
The code never came to me also when i registered on UKVCAS using a GMAIL account(not even in spam folder). So, I immediately tried with OUTLOOK email and the code was received instantly. So, try another email provider.
So you have two different email address for your UKVI and UKVCAS accounts?

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:29 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:17 pm

Tier 2 Visa - July 2019

I agree. Although I have used solicitor and no complaints towards him but I think I could have handled the application myself as my case is straightforward and I knew the ILR documentation requirements very clearly after doing my own research a year in advance. I also made sure that I appeared for Life in UK quite in advance and also got my NARIC certificate timely. I could have done it myself to be honest.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:32 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 pm
@iamawonder
Yes, different account. My solicitor registered with his own account at UKVI. He filled my form etc. But he registered with UKVCAS with my personal email (this is where I gave him my outlook.com to try since code wasn't arriving on gmail. We were in a phone call when we submitted the form, made payment and registered with UKVCAS. So, I got all appointments and IDV related communication on my own id. Also, I got the caseworker's email requesting documents at my UKVCAS registered email.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:34 pm

That’s interesting.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:32 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 pm
@iamawonder
Yes, different account. My solicitor registered with his own account at UKVI. He filled my form etc. But he registered with UKVCAS with my personal email (this is where I gave him my outlook.com to try since code wasn't arriving on gmail. We were in a phone call when we submitted the form, made payment and registered with UKVCAS. So, I got all appointments and IDV related communication on my own id. Also, I got the caseworker's email requesting documents at my UKVCAS registered email.
This is indeed interesting. Please how can he now try with a new email? Please kindly list the steps to follow 🙏
Book appointment
Take you to the ukvcas page but then no log in details...... Clicks reset password button, no email. The process has been attempted severally. Thanks @iamawonder@cullinan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:50 pm

Are you checking junk emails??
Have you used the correct email address for the UKVI account? Any spelling errors?