ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Income from an App on Tier 2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naruto1234
Newly Registered
India

Second Income from an App on Tier 2 (General)

Post by naruto1234 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 am

Hi,

I am earning around £20-30 from an app that I built, every month. When I built the app, I did it mainly for gaining knowledge and did not think about earning money from it.

I am on Tier 2 General and I would like to know whether it is fine to build and earn an income from an app that was built and released in my name. Does this come under self employed and should I be declaring this income for Tax?

I am about to apply for ILR in a couple of months and I would like to ensure that this process does not get affected due to my app's payout.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Second Income from an App on Tier 2 (General)

Post by poper » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:53 am

Supplementary employment
226. You do not need to inform us of any supplementary employment, as long as it is:
• in either a job which is included on the Shortage Occupation List in Appendix K of the
Immigration Rules, or a job in the same profession, and at the same professional level,
as the work for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned; and
• no more than 20 hours per week; and
• outside of the normal working hours for which your Certificate of Sponsorship was
assigned.
In addition, you must continue to work for your sponsor in the job recorded on your
Certificate of Sponsorship.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

soginy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by soginy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi All,

I have a question about supplementary employment: It says second job must be in the same professional level. This is what is stated in my CoS : Job title: Associate Lecturer, Job type: 2311 Higher education teaching professionals. Can i take a job whose job title is Lecturer and not associated lecturer?

maddiekl
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by maddiekl » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi Naruto,

Did you end up finding an answer? I am in a similar situation - I am a music teacher (tier 2) and wrote a song which I have put online. I'm concerned that any revenue, albeit around £10 a year, could affect my ILR. It seems like such insignificant amounts in reality. Hope your ILR works out!