ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect place of birth in Home Office Database

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SamiZ
Newly Registered
Palestine

Incorrect place of birth in Home Office Database

Post by SamiZ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:47 pm

Hi All,
Hope you are well.

The story started when I applied for Asylum in 2014 and received my 5yrs BRP in May 2015. The BRP had a mistake in my place of birth. I reported that to the HO at the time and they replied that the place of birth matches their records regardless of the copy of my passport that was showing the correct spelling of my place of birth. My advisor mentioned that it can be fixed why I apply for ILR.

I have applied for my ILR in April 2020 and corrected the place of birth in the new application hoping that it will be fixed by this step. Last week, I received my ILR, but again with the misspelt place of birth. I contacted the HO again and filled the online form. I received the same reply again, mentioning that it matches their record and I might need to go through a caseworker to get this rechecked.

As my wife is British, I applied for naturalisation straight after receiving my ILR and submitted my application with the corrected place of birth.

How can I get the HO to change this in their database? Will a cover letter be enough? Would this cause an issue as it was not corrected from the beginning?

I don't have a copy of my original passport to prove the correct spelling as my passport is still held with the HO. Would it help if I contacted the solicitor who worked on my asylum case to check if they have a copy of the passport?

Thank you,
Sami

SamiZ
Newly Registered
Palestine

Re: Incorrect place of birth in Home Office Database

Post by SamiZ » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi All,

Anyone got answers to help me in getting this resolved, please?

Thank you,
Sami