ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about FLR (M) form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoConfused84
Newly Registered

Question about FLR (M) form

Post by SoConfused84 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 am

Currently reading through my FLR (M) form, and I might have actually confused myself with overthinking but I figured it better to ask than to fill it out and be wrong.

So....I know for question 1.3 I have to put my name as it is in my current passport, which is still my unmarried name....but underneath that question where it has FAMILY NAME or SURNAME should I put my new married last name? Or my maiden last name?

And lastly the OTHER NAMES WHICH YOU ARE or HAVE BEEN KNOWN, should I put my married name in there as MRS. (INSERT MARRIED NAME) because I figure that should be put there.

THANKS! :D

whirly

Re: Question about FLR (M) form

Post by whirly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:11 pm

SoConfused84 wrote:Currently reading through my FLR (M) form, and I might have actually confused myself with overthinking but I figured it better to ask than to fill it out and be wrong.

So....I know for question 1.3 I have to put my name as it is in my current passport, which is still my unmarried name....but underneath that question where it has FAMILY NAME or SURNAME should I put my new married last name? Or my maiden last name?

And lastly the OTHER NAMES WHICH YOU ARE or HAVE BEEN KNOWN, should I put my married name in there as MRS. (INSERT MARRIED NAME) because I figure that should be put there.

THANKS! :D
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think that SURNAME should be the name in your passport (maiden name) and OTHER NAMES should be your married name.

Reason being, the FLR stamp should match the name on your passport.

Good luck!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Full name as in your passport: copy the full name from your passport

Surname or family name: the name you share with your family members for example Monem, Smith, Sisodia, Green, O'Hara, Patel, Adu, Hussein, Macdonald

Other names by which you are or have been known: put any names you use that are (or have been) different to what's in your passport now.
Oh, the drama...!