ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sez30
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Sez30 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:41 am

applicant1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:39 am
@
Sez30 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:34 am
Visa decision emailed today! Approved! Thank you to everyone here, just having people to talk this through with every day has made it so much easier!
Congrats. Did you use the app or go for an appointment?
Both, IDV submitted 27th Aug and in person 3rd Sept. we were trying to get the application escalated and we had an email saying our decision couldn’t be made until we had attended biometrics so then booked an appointment.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:43 am

krishnakumarg wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:47 am
They just scanned the bio page I think. I mean, it was quite fast and I didn't pay attention.
To clarify this one, they did scan all pages of my passport that had a stamp.

This was my current passport only, and I did not have the document scanning service.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am

Quick update :

Application made : June 2020
Biometrics through IDV app : 28.08.2020
Decision : Waiting

I requested HO to escalate my ILR application due to some personal reasons with evidence. They replied me saying, ''We are waiting for your bio information once this has come through we will push for quick decision to be made. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure a decision can be made. We thank you for your understanding in this matter''.

This reply made me to believe there will be a long delay for the people who used IDV app for biometric submission, could be due to the way they process the data submitted through the app and the large number of IDV submissions.

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:06 am

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:01 am
Quick update :

I requested HO to escalate my ILR application due to some personal reasons with evidence. They replied me saying, ''We are waiting for your bio information once this has come through we will push for quick decision to be made. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to ensure a decision can be made. We thank you for your understanding in this matter''.

This reply made me to believe there will be a long delay for the people who used IDV app for biometric submission, could be due to the way they process the data submitted through the app and the large number of IDV submissions.
Do you have an email that you used to escalate to? I called the HO yesterday with the number on their website but they said they won’t do anything to escalate.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:07 am

asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

Hi I have tried escalating to no avail. Which contact number or email have you used to reach them?

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am

@daenyt @applicant1234

Actually, I got a reply from one of the managers from HO for one of the complaints I made last month. I used the same email to contact them. I am afraid I should not disclose their email address on this forum, because it directly goes to that concerned person. Sorry.

farazk86
Pakistan

Post by farazk86 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:17 am

asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

This is indeed a worrying reply and what I was afraid of. the people that are getting decisions are the in person appointments and I think only about 5 people reported the IDV approvals.

It looks like there is a problem with getting our IDV applications being forwarded to the correct departments :(

nsm2010

Post by nsm2010 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:18 am

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:14 am
@daenyt @applicant1234

Actually, I got a reply from one of the managers from HO for one of the complaints I made last month. I used the same email to contact them. I am afraid I should not disclose their email address on this forum, because it directly goes to that concerned person. Sorry.
Can you disclose on which email address you made your complaint?

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:22 am

Sutlt
Newly Registered
China

Post by Sutlt » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:56 am

asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

This is indeed quite worrisome. There seems to be a bottleneck somewhere within the UKVCAS in feeding the biometrics info to UKVI.

Sez30
United Kingdom

Post by Sez30 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:02 pm

asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

Due to us having an email like this from escalations we booked an in person appointment as well as using IDV, in the email that was received it said they were waiting for biometrics and once attended the appointment they could continue with the applications.

rndm57
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rndm57 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:07 pm

rndm57 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:34 pm
Applied on the 4th of April, and finally got an IDV app invite today around 6pm. Submitted everything and waiting for results now. Good luck everyone.
Update: Just got an email that application was successful. Phew. ILR Tier 2 5 years. Only did biometric submission via IDV app, did not email anyone or escalate anything.

Hope all March/April applicants get their results soon. This definitely was too long and stressful process.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 pm

rndm57 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:07 pm
rndm57 wrote:
Applied on the 4th of April, and finally got an IDV app invite today around 6pm. Submitted everything and waiting for results now. Good luck everyone.
Update: Just got an email that application was successful. Phew. ILR Tier 2 5 years. Only did biometric submission via IDV app, did not email anyone or escalate anything.

Hope all March/April applicants get their results soon. This definitely was too long and stressful process.
It is not mandatory to escalate or email somebody requesting to process your application quickly. Escalation can be done when people have valid reasons. People are not doing it for fun.

rndm57
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rndm57 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:17 pm

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rndm57 wrote:
rndm57 wrote:

It is not mandatory to escalate or email somebody requesting to process your application quickly. Escalation can be done when people have valid reasons. People are not doing it for fun.
I am just giving people context on what were the steps I took or didn't take.. In order to give them some hope that results will be coming through soon. Nowhere did I imply that people do it for fun.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 pm

asap8 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:12 pm
rndm57 wrote:
rndm57 wrote:

Exactly.
We should not advocate for escalating applications! Not to forget; home office would have limited staff due to covid restrictions and they must be trying their best to get the results out. The majority of the people are getting edgy even well before the 6 months period is up.
I submitted my application around the 14th of April and still waiting. So please hold fire don't escalate for no real reason! Leave the integrity and importance of complaints/escalations for the people who really need to escalate!
Getting edgy because people who went for biometrics got their decisions quicker is irrelevant! I know it is not fair because they might have applied later than you but HO have every right to give the decision at a later date.

Again please don't escalate for the sake of it because there won't be any importance left in it for the people who would actually need their decisions quicker!

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:28 pm

asap8 wrote:
Quick update :

Just now recived an email saying that my ILR applciation has been approved after escalating the case with HO.

buntyc
India

Post by buntyc » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:32 pm

GTV visa application:
State 2: application payment done - 15th July 2020
Invitation to use IDV - 29th Aug
Booked appointment (Did not use IDV): 29th Aug (£62.99 @Lansdowne Road +£1.99 SMS)
Appointment UKVCAS: 1st Sept
Approval mail: 7th Sept from (Home Office Atlas)
Delivery of BRP - waiting

How do we come to know on what date BRP will be delivered? Will be getting the SMS or email?
What happens if we are not at home? is it registered post or courier?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:39 pm

buntyc wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:32 pm
GTV visa application:
State 2: application payment done - 15th July 2020
Invitation to use IDV - 29th Aug
Booked appointment (Did not use IDV): 29th Aug (£62.99 @Lansdowne Road +£1.99 SMS)
Appointment UKVCAS: 1st Sept
Approval mail: 7th Sept from (Home Office Atlas)
Delivery of BRP - waiting

How do we come to know on what date BRP will be delivered? Will be getting the SMS or email?
What happens if we are not at home? is it registered post or courier?
You should post the timeline and BRP queries in the GTV timeline topic in the Tier 1 ET sub forum please. We have asked numerous times not to post full timelines in this thread, which is for biometric appointment/IDV issues only.

BRPs are delivered by courier.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ROHITSHAH4
India

Post by ROHITSHAH4 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm

UKVCAS has confirmed that from their perspective my biometrics and documents are submitted to UKVI and I need to contact UKVI for further updates. So my next attempt to know if UKVI has at least received my application and Biometrics and at what stage my application is -

Called UKVI number for ILR (Telephone: 0300 123 2241): https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... -to-remain

- If the query is regarding an application affected due to COVID 19, call another number (Telephone: 0800-6781767)- they do not have any information or access to any application tracking or status system.

- If the query is regarding an application made with less than 6 months, call gets disconnected.

- If the query is regarding an application that is over 6 months, the person has no access to any tracking or status system.
-- Instead the only way is to send a letter to the Home Ofice at the below address:
UKVI PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA
-- There is no email ID that they have where an enquiry can be sent.

Based on another user's post in this sub-forum, I sent the email to
"ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gov.uk", that has only provided the below auto response:

Thank you for your e-mail to the Apply Online E-Support Team.

Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic we are running a

limited service and your enquiry may not be answered

in the 24 hour Service Level Agreement.

This mailbox is only for technical support enquiries for applicants

applying online within the United Kingdom via GOV.UK. We aim to

respond within one working day.

We will not respond to technical enquires that relate to an entry clearance

application.

We do not provide: Immigration advice, acknowledgement receipt or

progress of applications, refunds, Sponsorship Management System,

British Citizenship and Nationality enquiries.

We will not respond to any non technical enquiries.

We do not deal with technical support for the new services offered by Sopra

Steria – Please contact https://www.ukvcas.co.uk

You can use the Assisted Digital Service to get help using the online form if

you do not feel confident using a computer or do not have access to one.

Useful Links:

Immigration health surcharge refunds: https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds

Enquiries for visa applications made from outside the UK: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Immigration information & guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmigration

Sponsorship enquiries:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-helpdesk

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... -educators

We take Security of your information seriously and in line with new data regulations we have updated our Privacy Information notice, you can find out more by going to GOV.UK and search ‘Personal information use in borders, immigration and citizenship’ or alternatively search under ‘Home Office - Personal information charter’.

Alternatively please use the links below:
The new Home Office Privacy Information Notice (PIN) https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship

If you would more information please also visit https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... on-charter

Please do not reply to this auto response e-mail.

---------
My interpretation:

There is no transparency in the overall system, it has been designed to protect their inefficiencies from all possible avenues. There is no accountability, and always the stance of deniability. Other than the money factor regarding: application fee, expedite fee, appointment fee, document scanning fee, SMS fee, business to solicitors, which surely helps the economy, this system works perfectly to maintain the hostile environment and keep the control of the lives of immigrants.

For the immigrants, after spending our life's 5 years / 10 years or more under the umbrella of our employers with limited rights, what we want is freedom and have paid not just money in all the possible ways, but have spent irrecoverable time.

I guess it is a too much of an ask to have some kind of tracking system and home office can atleast demonstrate a genuine attempt to show some transparency in their system, but giving a "service".

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:32 pm

rndm57 wrote:
rndm57 wrote:

Congratulations Wow ...We applied same day 04/04/20 and idv same day as well. Fingers crossed 🤞🙂

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:41 pm

ROHITSHAH4 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:25 pm
My interpretation:

There is no transparency in the overall system, it has been designed to protect their inefficiencies from all possible avenues. There is no accountability, and always the stance of deniability. Other than the money factor regarding: application fee, expedite fee, appointment fee, document scanning fee, SMS fee, business to solicitors, which surely helps the economy, this system works perfectly to maintain the hostile environment and keep the control of the lives of immigrants.

For the immigrants, after spending our life's 5 years / 10 years or more under the umbrella of our employers with limited rights, what we want is freedom and have paid not just money in all the possible ways, but have spent irrecoverable time.

I guess it is a too much of an ask to have some kind of tracking system and home office can atleast demonstrate a genuine attempt to show some transparency in their system, but giving a "service".
I think their main goal in giving immigration services to applicant is to be as bad as possible. This way they are treating all applicants fairly amongst each other, by providing the same bad service to everyone. But since COVID-19 this policy has been thrown out of the window In fact, there has been massive discriminations between applicants who applied with dependants, who applied via the IDV, who applied in a certain month certain week. And this is where applicants like us are feeling extremely frustrated. Its not right to throw the 6 month generic timeline at those of us who used the IDV app when there are applicants who went to the in-person application centres recieving their decisions left, right and center. Sometimes within just a few days.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Since IDV app has rolled out; submitting your biometrics via IDV app OR UKVCAS in person route has nothing to do with your decision pace.

Your decision is based on your personal circumstances/case.
Every case is different and processed on its own merits.

HO carries out a number of enquires before a decision is made.

If someone is getting a decision quicker than others it has NOTHING to do with the route of biometrics submission, rather depends on individual case nature/enquiries.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Akhil_123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Akhil_123 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi All,

I have received an email from WorkSponsored@homeoffice.gov.uk in regards to my ongoing application for ILR Set(O) through 5 yrs route. This email was received 3 days after I submitted my biometrics through the IDV app on last Friday. Was wondering if this is generic email And would it be a good idea to book an appointment physically at the UKVCAS centre as well ?

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
We apologise for the inconvenience, however, due to the worldwide response to COVID-19, UKVI services are currently limited and we are not able to meet our usual service standards.
Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is may not be possible in your case.
As global travel and public health restrictions begin to lift following coronavirus, Visa Application Centres (VACs) and UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) are resuming services where local restrictions allow, it is safe, and both customers and staff are protected.

In order to provide services for our most vulnerable customers, Support Service Centres (SSCs) reopened a limited service from 20 April and UKVCAS commenced a wider phased resumption of services from 1 June 2020. However, given the impact across our whole network, this process will take time and not all UKVI services are going to be available immediately, or at full capacity.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.
Regards,
AK

Atreya
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Atreya » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Hello Gurus,

First of all - apologies if this is not the right thread... it is related to Biometrics Appointment, UKVCAS document upload and using the IDV app.

I have submitted document on UKVCAS last week.
I am eligible for IDV app, however I decided to book my Biometrics Appointment in person for this weekend.

I am applying with help from solicitor, which was assigned to me by my employer. I wasn't asked to upload scanned stamped pages of my passports, but I decided today to scan them having seen posts on this thread earlier today about including them as part of the additional document. Only uploaded a schedule of absences as a file, as I ran out of field in the application form.

As I was scanning them, I noticed some discrepancies on the stamp dates vs my schedule of absences.
I should have double checked them before submitting. :( The difference in days is 5 days additional (, although still within the continuous period requirement 180days rolling period, 450days overall etc). These dates were also included in the letter of support from my employer.

I am now in dilemma of what to do and in panic mode. Should I use the IDV app to upload the updated document? However, I won't be able to delete the previously uploaded ones. Should I email UKVCAS? Should I bring the passports and updated document to the Biometrics appointment?

Would appreciate your advice..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 pm

@Atreya

Simply scan the full passport and upload along with your documents via UKVCAS website.
HO will do their own checks. Dont worry.

The UKVCAS staff will submit for you on your appointment.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.