ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 from Australia - HSMP rejected - Eng Req

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rock777
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 from Australia - HSMP rejected - Eng Req

Post by rock777 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:54 am

Hi

I have just been advised that my HSMP application was fine on all grounds, expect it was rejected on the English Language requirement. I had applied for points using a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Solicitor NSW; and English requirement stating that my Diploma in Law was taught in Eng over the 4.5 years (which I had tried to get approved by Naric, but they said all was "professional"). My caseworker said I needed a Bachelor's degree for Eng requirement, and that evidence was "to high"...weird? :? Doc's are enroute from the UK.

Although it is extremely frustrating (and it will cost an extra 400GBP), I'm assuming I will be fine to submit the letter, with all previous doc's + maintenance, and it should be fine as I am an Australian citizen, which is emept under Tier 1? Is this correct?

Also, I read that applications are currently taking approx 3-5 weeks to process in Australia, but applications with an approval letter are being fast-tracked? Is this correct? I am hoping that if I submit my letter + original docs and maintenance evidence on Friday, that it will be processed by the end of Sept/early Oct, but given how tiresome this process has been (I applied back in April), am I dreaming???

Any experiences/suggestions would be great.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Tier 1 from Australia - HSMP rejected - Eng

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:07 pm

rock777 wrote:I'm assuming I will be fine to submit the letter, with all previous doc's + maintenance, and it should be fine as I am an Australian citizen, which is emept under Tier 1? Is this correct?
Which letter??? The HSMP refusal letter or the letter confirming your diploma was taught in English??

Your HSMP has been rejected. Period! If you wish to apply for Tier 1, then you have make a *fresh* application.
Letter confirming degree taught in English is of no use for Tier 1 applications.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!