ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court order and citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sillyslug
Newly Registered
United States of America

Court order and citizenship?

Post by sillyslug » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I have ILR and will apply for citizenship asap. I have a court order over a financial dispute. I am paying on this regularly but it was stressed to me this is a court order and not a court judgement (CCJ).
With the character reference part of the citizenship - do I list this court order in? I'm told its not a CCJ as the court ordered the parties to go away and work out a plan between us.
Can you more knowledgeable people please let me know if I need to list this in the application? Also, if I do have to list it - is it going to be problematic for me?
Thank you for your advice!

sillyslug
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Court order and citizenship?

Post by sillyslug » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Sorry, just to add that this is not listed on my credit report either, so its not showing as a CCJ.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm

sillyslug wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:25 pm
Hi everyone,
I have ILR and will apply for citizenship asap. I have a court order over a financial dispute. I am paying on this regularly but it was stressed to me this is a court order and not a court judgement (CCJ).
With the character reference part of the citizenship - do I list this court order in? I'm told its not a CCJ as the court ordered the parties to go away and work out a plan between us.
Can you more knowledgeable people please let me know if I need to list this in the application? Also, if I do have to list it - is it going to be problematic for me?
Thank you for your advice!
CCJ only occurs when you ignore the court order and the other party informs the court and pushes for a CCJ. It is a civil matter and you will be okay. No need to declare as its not a CCJ.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sillyslug
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by sillyslug » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:55 pm

That's perfect! Thank you for your reply!