ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintanance Funds - Dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kratos
Newly Registered

Maintanance Funds - Dependant

Post by Kratos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I have got approval on HSMP application. I am facing a major issue with regards to Dependant visa for EC.

Important!
To qualify for Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

I was maintaining 2800GBP(main applicant) for past 3 months and was planning to take my wife after 6 months,but a per the above statement, even if plan to take her within next 12 months i need to maintain +1600 pounds which i am not. Unfortunately I completely missed condition of 12 months as I was under the impression that since my dependant is not accompanying me during my entry to UK , I need not show this +1600 amount.

I see 3 options here
1) wait for another 3 months with +1600GBP and then re
2) if possible make my wife apply on her own.
3) she waits for more 12 months before applying as Dependant.

Can any one suggest me some options apart from this , if there is. Urgent!

thanks and regards
Kratos

antouk

Post by antouk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:36 pm

if u've got a HSMP visa(not to be confused with tier1), then maintainenance of funds rule is not applicable for you. This rule is applicable only for all tier 1 applicants and applicants those who applied for EC with hsmp approval letter.

For more clarity enquire your nearest VFS.
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

antouk

Post by antouk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:47 pm

i see from ur other post , u r applying under transitional arragnements.
after u come to UK, if u plan to bring ur wife here, u have to maintain 800 +1600 for 3 months.
or if u r applying for both of u now, then u have to maintain2800+1600.

I think the first option wud be ideal for u.

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:47 pm

antouk wrote:if u've got a HSMP visa(not to be confused with tier1), then maintainenance of funds rule is not applicable for you. This rule is applicable only for all tier 1 applicants and applicants those who applied for EC with hsmp approval letter.

For more clarity enquire your nearest VFS.
Hi Antouk, Can you please provide some ref about no maintenance funds required for HSMP (old) dependent visa

Thanks

Kratos
Newly Registered

Post by Kratos » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:18 pm

antouk wrote:i see from ur other post , u r applying under transitional arragnements.
after u come to UK, if u plan to bring ur wife here, u have to maintain 800 +1600 for 3 months.
or if u r applying for both of u now, then u have to maintain2800+1600.

I think the first option wud be ideal for u.

Hi antouk,
Yes I am applying under Transitional arrangements. I had applied before 1st April and yesterday(1-9-08 ) is recieved all my docs along with the approval.

Can you please paste the link which validates the first option you are referring to.

Also correct me if I am wrong-
1) Based on the current status that is 2800 GBP I go ahead with the EC
2) Enter UK say - mid Nov
3) After say 4 months feb 09 my wife applies as my dependent (I maintain 800 + 1600 GBP i.e (DEC- FEB09))

Will this thing work out- I am refering to
"For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. "
as per http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3749291

Thanks for the reply

antouk

Post by antouk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:21 pm

@Bukhari & @Kratos,
sorry there is no written rule that states that, u need not maintain funds. But at the same time there is no written rule which states that u need to maintain funds. Here i am talking ONLY about ppl who got EC under old hsmp(not even transitional arrangements).

i jus gotmy wife's visa, and i didnt maintain any funds. But again, i made the visa application only after clarifying with local VFS. I suggested Kratos the same. I've posted the extract of the mail in this thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... t=helpdesk

@Bukhari
that shud be absolutely fine. someone had posted a reply from bhc regarding this point. u can search the forum for that post. Reply stated that its jus enough to maintain fund for the applicant(s).
If u are applying while u are in UK, 800+1600 rule applies.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:50 pm

if u've got a HSMP visa(not to be confused with tier1), then maintainenance of funds rule is not applicable for you. This rule is applicable only for all tier 1 applicants and applicants those who applied for EC with hsmp approval letter.
Be extremely careful with this. Some BHC's (NZ included) have adopted the "3 month rule" as fixed policy for HSMP holders. I sincerely doubt that an applicant could convince them, or similar BHCs, to follow a different procedure.

morevisapls
Newly Registered

7 days is ridiculous

Post by morevisapls » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:16 am

Hi

I have a question regarding this
These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application.
My account is in the UK, a bank statement will take 4-5 days to get to me, then 3-4 days for courier to get to India, a further day or so to appear at the VFS, so it will take about 9 working days (11 days) to apply at the earliest.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: 7 days is ridiculous

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:42 am

morevisapls wrote:Hi

I have a question regarding this
These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 7 days prior to the date you submit your application.
My account is in the UK, a bank statement will take 4-5 days to get to me, then 3-4 days for courier to get to India, a further day or so to appear at the VFS, so it will take about 9 working days (11 days) to apply at the earliest.
If you can't fulfil the 7 day condition, start maintaining funds in India and apply after 3 months.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mbasaaga

Transitional Arrangements

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for a dependent Tier 1 for my wife and son (below 1 year old) from within UK. I am a fresh Tier 1 visa holder living in UK.

My question is for how long do I need to show the minimum bank balance of 533 pounds per dependent in my account? Is it for the last 3 months or for only the last 1 month? Are the transitional arrangements for funds maintenance that did not require funds to be maintained for 3 months still valid?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

morevisapls
Newly Registered

Maintenance from wife's account?

Post by morevisapls » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:43 pm

My wife has a deposit account in India in Rupees in her name. Can she use this account to show that she can support herself? This will not require me sending a letter from the UK?
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
• the name of the main applicant and/or the family
member making the application
, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also
legally present in the United Kingdom;
Please let me know what you think about this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Transitional Arrangements

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:52 pm

mbasaaga wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply for a dependent Tier 1 for my wife and son (below 1 year old) from within UK. I am a fresh Tier 1 visa holder living in UK.

My question is for how long do I need to show the minimum bank balance of 533 pounds per dependent in my account? Is it for the last 3 months or for only the last 1 month? Are the transitional arrangements for funds maintenance that did not require funds to be maintained for 3 months still valid?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Transitional arrangements ended on 29-Jun, so you must show evidence of maintenance funds for 3 months just as you did for self when applying for Tier 1.

You will need 533 pounds for each dependent if you have been in UK for more than 12 months, otherwise 1600 pounds.

regards

friendlyrahul007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Maitenance Fund (Dependent) Help

Post by friendlyrahul007 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK for the past 18 months on WP and would like to apply for Tier 1 (General). Can anyone tell me if I am applying for both myself and my wife(who has joined me in UK last month), what is the amount that I need to show as maintenance fund for the last 3 months.

Thanks,
Rahul.

morevisapls
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Maitenance Fund (Dependent) Help

Post by morevisapls » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:20 pm

friendlyrahul007 wrote:Hi,

I have been in UK for the past 18 months on WP and would like to apply for Tier 1 (General). Can anyone tell me if I am applying for both myself and my wife(who has joined me in UK last month), what is the amount that I need to show as maintenance fund for the last 3 months.

Thanks,
Rahul.
You will have to show £533 for the dependant and £800 for you.

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Transitional arrangements ended on 29-Jun, so you must show evidence of maintenance funds for 3 months just as you did for self when applying for Tier 1.

You will need 533 pounds for each dependent if you have been in UK for more than 12 months, otherwise 1600 pounds.

regards
Hi Sushdmetha,
It is really very strange situation....

My frined came to UK in August 2006 under old HSMP rules....He got married in Feb 2008... and got his extension in August 2008 under old rules..

Now he is planning to call his wife on dependant visa...He applied for his extension under HSMP Jr reveiw but he they stamped Tier1 (General) on his passport...

We have written a letter to WP and explain the above situation for maintenance funds and visa feees..They kindly send a mail stating no need of maintenance funds and visa fees is 17,000 INR...

Yesterday his wife went to VFS, Hyderabad then authorities got confused by seeing extension letter and passport visa stamp...they dont know what to do...they send a fax copy to chennai authorities and after 1 hour they came back asking us to show maintenance fund and VISA fees 51,000 INR...

Luckily my friend maintained the fund but why they charged 51,000 INR?

what they consider? main applicant entry to UK or extension date? how come the WP sent mail like that? which one is correct?

any possibility to complain in UK?

please share your opinion...

Regards
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:13 pm

NutanRaj wrote:any possibility to complain in UK?
There's no harm in sending a complaint to UKBA here in UK, but not sure if they'll act (or how fast) since the application was made in India and decided by BHC India.

But you must send a formal complaint to Director of Visa Services, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021 , or by e-mail to visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk.

You may want to send a complaint to both UKBA and BHC (India).

Pathetic VFS!! :evil:

regards

NutanRaj

Post by NutanRaj » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:
NutanRaj wrote:any possibility to complain in UK?
There's no harm in sending a complaint to UKBA here in UK, but not sure if they'll act (or how fast) since the application was made in India and decided by BHC India.

But you must send a formal complaint to Director of Visa Services, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021 , or by e-mail to visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk.

You may want to send a complaint to both UKBA and BHC (India).

Pathetic VFS!! :evil:

regards
Thanks Sush
my friend made a complient in both locations and i will update the forum soon with more details

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi Sush, Thanks for the reply, sorry for the trouble but had a few more questions:

I have been in the UK for the last one year under a student visa and got a Tier 1 just last month - does that make any difference to the 533 pounds requirement for each dependent?

And just to confirm, I can show these funds in my account or does my spouse need to have these funds in her account?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

sushdmehta wrote:

Thanks in advance

Regards,

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:04 pm

mbasaaga wrote:I have been in the UK for the last one year under a student visa and got a Tier 1 just last month - does that make any difference to the 533 pounds requirement for each dependent?

And just to confirm, I can show these funds in my account or does my spouse need to have these funds in her account?
1. No
2. Either account

regards

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks very much.
sushdmehta wrote:
mbasaaga wrote:I have been in the UK for the last one year under a student visa and got a Tier 1 just last month - does that make any difference to the 533 pounds requirement for each dependent?

1. No
2. Either account

regards

klop
Newly Registered

funds

Post by klop » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am

I've got the same worry as author has, regarding amount that should be deposited in the bank account. As I understood from guidance qouted by author, main applicant shall have maintanence enough for whole family, even if dependants will apply separetely. Does it correct?
or they could perfom evedince of available funds in the time of application?
Please advice.

friendlyrahul007
Newly Registered

Hi.

Post by friendlyrahul007 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for helping me out with my first query.
There is one more thing for which I would need some assistance.
My degree certificate shows my bachelor degree, my name and the year of pass out, but it doesn't show the start year of the course nor does it say it is a four year bachalor's degree. However, my university is listed in the points calculator but I have to maually select the course duration of four years.

Do I need to get a NARIC Letter of Comparabillity.

Thanks,
Rahul.

friendlyrahul007
Newly Registered

Post by friendlyrahul007 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:11 pm

I am more concerned about the English Language Test. If I can prove that my degree is comaparable to UK Bachalorr's degree, I would not have to provide my English Certificate, as I do not have it with me.

If NARIC helps, I can go for it.

Thanks,
Rahul.