ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:35 pm

mustafa23 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:32 pm
Hi I sent my photo's from ukvcas idv app 27 oh August I bought a ticket 29 of September ;do u think I will receive my brp card or do I need to cancel my fly thank you
Please continue your questions in your own existing topic you already have, link below. This topic is only for biometric appointments and IDV queries, not for general questions about applying for a BRP or about flights.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... l#p1890131
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:39 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:16 pm
Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Wow thanks then why isn't coming up with solicitor , i doubt they would be misleading me i have known them for a while, and have confirmed everything is ready and uploaded. Can this be the case they have opened for certain category or maybe the solicitor is using same email and password for other clients as well, because in email i received to use IDV clearly states "you can book appointment on website"

Kind Regards
Make sure they use CR9 2ER as the postcode while searching, Landsdown is then the 3rd option in the list. If they use a Windsor postcode it might appear down the list so solicitors might be giving up before selecting it. Only thing I can think of that might be happening. GL
@dam & @ Cullinan
Thank you for advise and support , after sending them appointment availability screen shot and told them to search by postcode they managed to find and booked me in for 16th at lansdowne road. I simply wonder if you can think the way you advice why cant solicitor act in such way.

But anyways thank you and i will follow & keep you posted.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm

@guggi

Good your sorted. Why did they not book you in earlier than 16th? Anyways its ok. Mysterious ways some solicitors work.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Whizart
United Kingdom

Post by Whizart » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am
@asap8 @farazk86 @ANS1 @iamawonder @shaan_ns @Luluokis29 @Ameline and ALL

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation and affection. It means a lot.

I have reconsidered my decision and I am happy to continue providing my inputs in this particular topic.

Please note I have no personal issues with any member posting in this thread. No hard feelings for anyone. The only issue is not to let this thread go OFF topic so it could be of help for ALL.

Moderators: I request you to please consider allowing the following discussions in this topic as they are all related and can not be avoided:

1. UKVCAS biometrics appointment issues.
2. IDV app related issues.
3. Documents upload questions via UKVCAS or IDV app.
4. Decisions turnaround discussion via UKVCAS or IDV app.

Let the show begin.

Love for All Hatred for None
Cullinan
Glad you're back! The community needs you!
May -SET(LR) Applicant and still waiting for a decision.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Cheers Whizart & Good luck! 🙏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:59 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm
@guggi

Good your sorted. Why did they not book you in earlier than 16th? Anyways its ok. Mysterious ways some solicitors work.
First they were offering to book me at even later date at different location but some how managed to get 16th, so i did not argue

NNHidayah
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by NNHidayah » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:03 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:14 pm
Thanks CR001. Yes the CW email is the best point of contact for user NNHidayah.
Many thanks Cullinan and CR001

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:59 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@guggi

First they were offering to book me at even later date at different location but some how managed to get 16th, so i did not argue
Sigh. Solicitors.

I thought soliciting was illegal in the UK? I have seen sign boards here that "Solicitors will be prosecuted". :)

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:20 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm
Guggi wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@guggi

Sigh. Solicitors.

I thought soliciting was illegal in the UK? I have seen sign boards here that "Solicitors will be prosecuted". :)
🤣🤣🤣🤣

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:24 pm

***Update***

Just to update my timeline for anyone interested.
Made application on August 5th, FLR(M)
Got email on August 27th "Introducing the UKVCAS IDV app" with eligibility saying invitation will be sent by 14th September.
Got email on 8th September "Invitation to use the new IDV app"
Submitted biometrics via IDV app today, 10th September

Let the waiting commence.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@gag285
Thanks. I think I have a UKVCAS account from previous applications for my dependents.
If you have a previous UKVCAS account, sometimes it does not sign in as it can not be linked to your new application.

If you get any error:
Press the “forget password link” on UKVCAS, you will get a new code sent via email and sign in accordingly. Just a heads up.
Thanks Cullinan, you indeed got it right. I tried this afternoon and that is exactly what happened. I am still unable to login although I have now updated my password. Looks like I need an active application for the account to be active ( i could be wrong)

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:47 pm

krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm
Guggi wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
@guggi

Sigh. Solicitors.

Welcome to the service economy. Layers of service points. VAT at every layer.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm

gag285 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gag285
Thanks. I think I have a UKVCAS account from previous applications for my dependents.
If you have a previous UKVCAS account, sometimes it does not sign in as it can not be linked to your new application.

If you get any error:
Press the “forget password link” on UKVCAS, you will get a new code sent via email and sign in accordingly. Just a heads up.
Thanks Cullinan, you indeed got it right. I tried this afternoon and that is exactly what happened. I am still unable to login although I have now updated my password. Looks like I need an active application for the account to be active ( i could be wrong)
Yes you need to apply online first before rerouting to UKVCAS. If you will be using the the same address as used previously for UKVCAS, follow as stated above if error occurs.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:52 pm
gag285 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@gag285

If you get any error:
Yes you need to apply online first before rerouting to UKVCAS. If you will be using the the same address as used previously for UKVCAS, follow as stated above if error occurs.
Your response much appreciated.

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi. Does anyone know why all other SET apart from LR get the decision a lot faster it seems, compared to LR? Look like a few ppl had their biometric appointments since Aug but still havent heard back, whereas other SET all hear back after a couple of days from their appointments

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:43 pm
Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Wow thanks then why isn't coming up with solicitor , i doubt they would be misleading me i have known them for a while, and have confirmed everything is ready and uploaded. Can this be the case they have opened for certain category or maybe the solicitor is using same email and password for other clients as well, because in email i received to use IDV clearly states "you can book appointment on website"

Kind Regards
There are problems reported with applications submitted via solicitors. I am not sure why they can not see the availability. Maybe they are waiting for FREE appointments.
I am also facing same problem. Even though I have told my solicitor to book appointment. He doesn't book it. Going via solicitor is big pain. Because you have no control on your application at all. You are at the mercy of them. There is no transparency. My solicitor said he submitted my application on 4-Aug-2020. I paid £2400 on that day. I was under impression that my application is submitted and my documents are uploaded.When I checked with UKVCAS, I came to know my application did not reach UKVCAS, because my solicitor did not submit my application properly. When I spoke to my solicitor he initially denied but again when I followed up he said there was technical issue, it has been sorted out. My experience has been very bad.

rose13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rose13 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm

shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:07 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:00 pm
Yash123 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Congrats to you :)
Are there sufficient evidences that indicates in-person appointment results in faster decisions than IDV???
Thanks @Luluokis29, @krishnakumarg, @Toxic and @Yash123
Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.
I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.
Hiya... How did it go with your appointment today?

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:06 pm

applicant1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm
Hi. Does anyone know why all other SET apart from LR get the decision a lot faster it seems, compared to LR? Look like a few ppl had their biometric appointments since Aug but still havent heard back, whereas other SET all hear back after a couple of days from their appointments
Did u use the IDV app or in person appointment?

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Fed up with the wait!!! Tired of refreshing email, checking deleted folder🙄 and spam. I will be going for an in person appointment on Tuesday 15/09 (Already booked) unless I receive a decision by Sunday.
SET LR applied 4//4/20
IDV submission 22/08/20

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Luluokis29 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:12 pm
Fed up with the wait!!! Tired of refreshing email, checking deleted folder🙄 and spam. I will be going for an in person appointment on Tuesday 15/09 (Already booked) unless I receive a decision by Sunday.
SET LR applied 4//4/20
IDV submission 22/08/20
I used the app, but looking through the facebook group and the timelines that people posted, doesn’t seem like people with biometric appointments are getting decisions either...frustrating

atao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by atao » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:21 pm

I used IDV on 4 Sep but also went for an in person appointment today. to be honest it's just a gamble, we'll see what happens.

one question to anyone who might have experience on this; although I had my appointment today, on UKVCAS website my upload document option is still available. just to make sure if this is normal? and no indication of submission of application to UKVI after the biometrics either.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:29 pm

atao wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:21 pm
I used IDV on 4 Sep but also went for an in person appointment today. to be honest it's just a gamble, we'll see what happens.

one question to anyone who might have experience on this; although I had my appointment today, on UKVCAS website my upload document option is still available. Just to make sure if this is normal? and no indication of submission of application to UKVI after the biometrics either.
It's normal. Do not fiddle or add/remove documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:30 pm

@atao
one question to anyone who might have experience on this; although I had my appointment today, on UKVCAS website my upload document option is still available. just to make sure if this is normal? and no indication of submission of application to UKVI after the biometrics either.
UKVCAS account remains active even after you have attended your appointment. You still can upload documents but will not be able to submit. Its best not to play with it. No confirmation email is sent after biometrics submission. It is normal.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm

rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm
shahkb wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:57 pm
Luluokis29 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:07 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks @Luluokis29, @krishnakumarg, @Toxic and @Yash123
Given the evidence so far, the physical appointments does seem a little faster but it's also probably related to the complexity of the case. My case was very straightforward ILR Set O application with 5 year T2G working for the same company. And luck definitely also plays a role.
Felt heartbroken to miss out on opt out and regretted that decision but then times changed! I decided to go for physical appointment hoping for a speedy decision just because I wanted to get better mortgage rates to be honest for my ongoing mortgage application.
IDV app does seem to be catching up though and people not in much hurry (if they can wait for 10-14 days) should definitely stick to IDV. It's free after all and saves the travel. Although it doesn't look like a lockdown will be put in place again but we never know so people making physical appointment should bear that in mind.
I am thinking of booking an appointment this minute... Really fed up of waiting as I might loose my confirmed place at uni this September...😭
I've literally just booked next day appointment £135. I dont care anymore, enough of waiting and looking at people applied way after me and way before me getting decisions.

Waited more than 5 months !

I will update here.
Hiya... How did it go with your appointment today?
Well well well.

I was there 30 mins early. So they took me in with no hassle.

So it took 10 mins. Fingers prints, Photo and Electronic sign on the pad.

Appointment at 12 pm.

ILR APPROVAL at 3 pm !!!!

The person said to me there isn't any note on your application so nothing is required.

If the photo on my BRP is from the appointment then it might be pre checked application awaiting biometrics. If not, then this was IDV app application approval. I will post this t once I receive the BRP.

Oh one more thing, Cullinan was right as long as my passport was valid at application then there is no issues if passport is expired at biometric stage.

Thank you to all the moderators. You lot have helped alot.

Much appreciated !

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Congratulations shahkb 🥳