ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

M555
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by M555 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 pm

mzi103 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:42 pm
shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 pm
shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm

Well well well.

I was there 30 mins early. So they took me in with no hassle.

So it took 10 mins. Fingers prints, Photo and Electronic sign on the pad.

Appointment at 12 pm.

ILR APPROVAL at 3 pm !!!!

The person said to me there isn't any note on your application so nothing is required.

If the photo on my BRP is from the appointment then it might be pre checked application awaiting biometrics. If not, then this was IDV app application approval. I will post this t once I receive the BRP.

Oh one more thing, Cullinan was right as long as my passport was valid at application then there is no issues if passport is expired at biometric stage.

Thank you to all the moderators. You lot have helped alot.

Much appreciated !
Congrats if thats the case you would have broken fasts record for approval :)
I think i did. I was going to mention that. Thank you !

Just waiting for BRP 🤞
On the basis of these approval i believe that UKVAS Deliberatly not sending FREE IDV data to UKVI Because they want to earn money with costly speedy appointments
It’s not “FREE” . You have paid 19.20 £ for it already as part of application fees.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 pm

@khrishnakumarg

If one wants to book an appointment, its best to book an appointment instead going for IDV app submission. Dual submission does not really make sense, unless someone like you messed up the IDV app in the first place.

When I say, its not recommended, I mean I am not recommending dual submissions.
Last edited by CULLINAN on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

shahkb
Pakistan

Post by shahkb » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:08 pm

TSK1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:53 pm
I got a question, is it advisable to book Biometric appointment after IDV submission including selfie and liveliness check?
I wouldnt recommend this unless you have waited for a long time. Example - 5 or 6 months.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:06 pm
@khrishnakumarg

If one wants to book an appointment, its best to book an appointment instead going for IDV app submission. Dual submission does not really make sense, unless someone like you messed up the IDV app in the first place.
Yup. That now makes sense.

When you say "it's not recommended", the wording is quite strong and can be misconstrued as based on UKVI guidance. There are no recommendations, either for or against dual submissions from UKVI.

Atleast in academia, one is expected to cite the source when making claims. And generally, it is a best practice for credibility.
Last edited by krishnakumarg on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:10 pm

shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm
Guggi wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:58 pm
shahkb wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm
rose13 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Hiya... How did it go with your appointment today?
Well well well.

I was there 30 mins early. So they took me in with no hassle.

So it took 10 mins. Fingers prints, Photo and Electronic sign on the pad.

Appointment at 12 pm.

ILR APPROVAL at 3 pm !!!!

The person said to me there isn't any note on your application so nothing is required.

If the photo on my BRP is from the appointment then it might be pre checked application awaiting biometrics. If not, then this was IDV app application approval. I will post this t once I receive the BRP.

Oh one more thing, Cullinan was right as long as my passport was valid at application then there is no issues if passport is expired at biometric stage.

Thank you to all the moderators. You lot have helped alot.

Much appreciated !
Congrats if thats the case you would have broken fasts record for approval :)
I think i did. I was going to mention that. Thank you !

Just waiting for BRP 🤞
Hopefully you will have that soon too :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 pm

@krishnakumarg
Atleast in academia, one is expected to cite the source when making claims. And generally, it is a best practice for credibility.
Maybe you have not read my signature. Whatever I write is my personal opinion 😁
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Received generic email from the FLR M validation home office team this morning, advising visa processing may be delayed outside of the standard 8 weeks processing time. 'Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.'

I know it's probably just an automated response - as reports on here suggest that it is randomly sent to some applicants at various stages (before and after!). We still replied to say that biometrics submitted already via app on 8 Sep in hope the caseworker can pick it up.

I thought this info may be of interest to someone who might be studying these emails closely to spot a pattern (pretty intelligent bunch on here I must add)! Not sure if this is off topic- Apologies in advance if it is.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 pm

iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 pm
917700 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:53 pm
M555 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm
@shahkb.
Can you check on right to work with new BRP number?
I have read somewhere that it is changed immediately on system and is accessible.
Congrats @shahkb, if you check on right to work wesbite and even if you put your old BRP number, you will see the new picture which is now in their database.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
My BRP hasn't arrived but I could see my new picture in colour which was clicked during my biometric on Monday.
Hi

Can I ask when did you notice the picture changed for old brp? Is that after you receive the decision letter? Or after you receive the new brp?
same day when i got approval (yesterday), probably a few hours later.
It seems to be different for everyone. My text changed to ILR, but my photo remained the same. Once the new BRP was shipped, the right to work changed to 'expired BRP'.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 pm
@krishnakumarg
Didn't read the signature till now.

Makes sense. This is a good disclaimer.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 pm

ANS1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Received generic email from the FLR M validation home office team this morning, advising visa processing may be delayed outside of the standard 8 weeks processing time. 'Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.'

I know it's probably just an automated response - as reports on here suggest that it is randomly sent to some applicants at various stages (before and after!). We still replied to say that biometrics submitted already via app on 8 Sep in hope the caseworker can pick it up.

I thought this info may be of interest to someone who might be studying these emails closely to spot a pattern (pretty intelligent bunch on here I must add)! Not sure if this is off topic- Apologies in advance if it is.
Ignore the email and hope for the best.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 pm

@Cullinan

Thanks for your quick feedback to everyone out there.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 pm

strong_and_stable wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:16 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 pm
917700 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:52 pm
iamawonder wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Congrats @shahkb, if you check on right to work wesbite and even if you put your old BRP number, you will see the new picture which is now in their database.
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
My BRP hasn't arrived but I could see my new picture in colour which was clicked during my biometric on Monday.
Hi applied for ilr two months ago, when I I checked my right to work and it says your card is expired or stolen.what does it mean even my current brp will expire the end of this month.

Can I ask when did you notice the picture changed for old brp? Is that after you receive the decision letter? Or after you receive the new brp?
same day when i got approval (yesterday), probably a few hours later.
It seems to be different for everyone. My text changed to ILR, but my photo remained the same. Once the new BRP was shipped, the right to work changed to 'expired BRP'.

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:34 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 pm
Ignore the email and hope for the best.
Thank you, that's what we intend to do. What I have learnt so far is that there is no logic or pattern to anything- everything is just so random and unexpected.

I know I may sound weird :shock: but the email from the home office made me quite relieved irrespective of the content, at least they acknowledged that they have the application.

Yash123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Yash123 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 pm
Someone who applied on 31st Aug has reported to have received an email to book an appointment.
Can others who applied on/after 28th Aug check you maybe able to book now?
Yes I can confirm this. They are inviting applicants from 29Aug to 4Sept.
Quick update. I am 29th Aug applicant and I received Invitation to book appointment.

Another info I would like to share that the guidance from UKVI for deciding the eligibility for Bio-metric Reuse that was shared and discussed on this thread before by @khrishnakumarg and @CULLINAN seems to be valid.

I am applying with 2 dependents where 1 is a child. Our last leave extension was in Aug2018 which is almost 2 years old for an under 16 applicant. So we are not selected for Bio-metric Reuse.
Thanks for sharing such info.

1 question about documents to carry, I will be carrying all the documents that I have uploaded on UKVCAS site and submitted.
Do I need to carry old passports and old(expired) BRP cards?
I don't mind carrying but just asking.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 pm

There is no need to give source as it is just common sense mate. Example: There are 2 available directions in order to get to some place. You would decide to take right or left but not both at the same time. Either you fully believe in IDV from taking the picture and liveliness to the waiting time for decision or you go for appointment. Not judging anyone especially the ones who applied via App since 19th Aug and have not received anything so they had to book appointment even though they submitted via App. But I think for us (29 aug - 04 sep applicants) onwards, we have a clearer image and you can have your own judgement which one to use...

All the best!
krishnakumarg wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:12 pm
@krishnakumarg

Didn't read the signature till now.

Makes sense. This is a good disclaimer.

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Post by ash8601 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi,

I have submitted by Tier 2 extension application by May end. During that time my daughter's passport (USA passport) was expired, as I couldn't renew it as US embassy office London was closed due to covid19 situation. So I mentioned passport expired and provided details for her expired passport in application as well.

Recently I got appointment to get her passport renewed and received her new passport 2 days back. However before 1 week, I submitted all documents for BRP via IDV app and provided her old passport copy only in IDV as new passport was not arrived during that time.

Now I am concerned if they will consider it or not ? Please help if anyone in same situation.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Thank you @toxic @ameline 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 pm

@yash123
1 question about documents to carry, I will be carrying all the documents that I have uploaded on UKVCAS site and submitted.
Do I need to carry old passports and old(expired) BRP cards?
I don't mind carrying but just asking.
Carry passport(s) covering qualifying period, current BRP, all originals only. No need to carry soft copies.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Fivem wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:27 pm
Hi applied for ilr two months ago, when I I checked my right to work and it says your card is expired or stolen.what does it mean even my current brp will expire the end of this month.
Some users experience this. You cannot learn anything about your application from this message. Most likely it has to do with how different caseworkers handle different applications in the IT system.

Your leave remains valid until the ILR decision regardless of what the website says.
Last edited by strong_and_stable on Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:49 pm

ash8601 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 pm
Hi,

I have submitted by Tier 2 extension application by May end. During that time my daughter's passport (USA passport) was expired, as I couldn't renew it as US embassy office London was closed due to covid19 situation. So I mentioned passport expired and provided details for her expired passport in application as well.

Recently I got appointment to get her passport renewed and received her new passport 2 days back. However before 1 week, I submitted all documents for BRP via IDV app and provided her old passport copy only in IDV as new passport was not arrived during that time.

Now I am concerned if they will consider it or not ? Please help if anyone in same situation.
Dont worry. If anything, UKVI will write to you which is very unlikely.

ash8601
Newly Registered
India

Post by ash8601 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:57 pm

Thanks CULLINAN. Let's see. Fingers crossed..

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 pm
There is no need to give source as it is just common sense mate. Example: There are 2 available directions in order to get to some place. You would decide to take right or left but not both at the same time.
There exists an unproven, inherent assumption in this statement, i.e. there are only 2 mutually orthogonal pathways. While prima facie it appears that the solution space is complete, it does admit a 3rd path, albeit a hidden one, viz. dual submission.

Cullinan's argument was that this solution vector spanned by these three paths have a non-null degenerate component i.e. the dual submission trajectory should ultimately converge onto one of the two. The existence and uniqueness of this 3rd path needs rigorous proofs, and is currently a matter of conjecture.

For folks who have rendered the IDV app path to a caseworker infeasible (such as messing up facial image selfies), the dual submission option comes to the rescue.

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:33 am

Ameline wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:42 pm
There is no need to give source as it is just common sense mate.
And, in my line of work, if you don't cite your sources for novel claims, they are not deemed acceptable. Note that it doesn't necessarily mean the claims are either correct or incorrect, but merely that such point-blank claims alone aren't sufficient to gain acceptance.

One may skip citing the source if the theory has withstood the test of time and universally accepted through peer-review, for e.g. the statement "The sun rises in the east" generally does not need a citation.

However, claiming that "It is not recommended to do dual submission" absolutely needs to be backed up with formal evidence, unless it just the author's own informal opinion, and not an unequivocal statement summarising a published fact.

In this case, our diamond author is well absolved by his catch-all signature, and I am satisfied by it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 am

@krishnakumarg

Brother you need to relax.

Just because YOU went for dual submission does not mean it is the right thing to do for everyone.

Agreed it is the last resort for someone who has messed up IDV app submission in the first place (just to save time till UKVI contacts to book an appointment again) but NOT for everyone.

As Ameline said:
There is no need to give source as it is just common sense mate.
It is common sense. You have two options. Choose wisely.

If you choose IDV app submission AND then have second thoughts to go for UKVCAS appointment, it is NOT recommended.

If you do not want to choose IDV app submission, book a UKVCAS appointment in the first place.

Imagine everyone doing dual submissions; the whole IDV app concept fails.
However, claiming that "It is not recommended to do dual submission" absolutely needs to be backed up with formal evidence, unless it just the author's own informal opinion, and not an unequivocal statement summarising a published fact.
I am not writing a dissertation here. I am simply helping others with my own personal experience. I quote my opinion and everyone is free to follow it or not. If you want to write essays or thesis with citations and correct referencing, this forum is not the right place for you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:11 am

@krishnakumarg
In this case, our diamond author is well absolved by his catch-all signature, and I am satisfied by it.
Even if I did not have my catch-all signature, my track record (4.6K posts) shows the credibility of my posts. I am not here to justify my credibility to anyone.

Just for the record I have 400 posts alone on this topic which is 10% of the total contribution. My posts alone speak for my credibility. No signature needed.

PS its not “Diamond” author. Its “Respected Guru” author. Please quote your citations properly.