ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by krishnakumarg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:11 am
@krishnakumarg
In this case, our diamond author is well absolved by his catch-all signature, and I am satisfied by it.
Even if I did not have my catch-all signature, my track record (4.6K posts) shows the credibility of my posts. I am not here to justify my credibility to anyone.

Just for the record I have 400 posts alone on this topic alone which is 10% contribution from my side. My posts alone speak for my credibility. No signature needed.

PS its not “Diamond” author. Its “Respected Guru” author. Please quote your citations properly.
Oops. I am sorry. Perhaps you misunderstood. I never said it was not credible. I just meant it is neither credible nor not credible. It is just an opinion. The diamond reference alludes to the name of the world's biggest diamond mined so far, and your posts have shined a beacon to others just like the well-cut precious stone.

Of course, your opinion counts a lot more here, in the same vein as an expert commentator in any other walk of life. And, I am happy with your signature which makes it patently clear that all posts are your personal opinion.

I am good with all of that, and so are almost everyone else. Where was the offense?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:56 am

@krishnakumarg

I do not take offence. Thats what my motto says: Love For All, Hatred for None.
I just meant it is neither credible nor not credible.
You are FREE to voice your opinion on the forum/or this topic (be it be advocating for dual submission or whatever) but please do not question my personal opinion/statement/suggestions/advice etc.

This only takes this thread OFF topic. No one is interested in flame wars/keyboard warrior games. You should rather channel your energy in helping others.

The opinion under scrutiny was not targeted at yourself; credible or not, let the audience decide for themselves.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Shaaz2029

Post by Shaaz2029 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:31 am

Cullinan is doing excellent work in this forum by helping others who need advice.
Writing long essays here is just a waste of everyone’s time.

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am

Personal opinion only in regards to the topic of biometric submission to UKVI

UKVCAS has nothing to gain but everything to lose if applicants submit via IDV App. Therefore they are holding back on the:
  • speed with which the invites are sent to the applicants.
    In current day and age, I am not sure what infrastructure can handle only 5000 requests / day.
  • transfer of biometrics from IDV App to the UKVI system.
    I doubt the App is directly linked to UKVI. Most likely, the App transfers data to the UKVCAS system and then it is moved to UKVI system. This movement from UKVCAS -> UKVI is controlled. It is difficult to understand how come ALL IDV applications are not "oven-ready" and hence not getting decision within hours of submission of facial image.
UKVCAS is forcing applicants to get frustrated by the wait and hence pay money to book in-person appointments. UKVCAS, like any other company, is in the business of making money and not here for charity!

UKVCAS system was not fair from the get-go. How is it fair that some cities have free appointments while other cities do not? Isn't it economically discriminatory to applicants....

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:51 am

Shaaz2029 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:31 am
Writing long essays here is just a waste of everyone’s time.
Agree. UKVI has not recommended this forum & people are participating from their own free will. This is immigration board & not intended to be a platform for debating or showing off PhD skills.

Hope better sense prevail and we avoid further unrelated debates.

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:53 am

Politest Comment :

I am a post-doc too. I have been following this froum since 2014, since switching from Tier4 student visa to Tier 2G. I don't simply follow what others say in this forum including Cullinan. I do my own research, reading elsewhere before doing something related to my application. I can say that the advice given by Cullinan and other members (from their own experiences) definitely helped preparing our applications from Tier 2 to ILR to Naturalisation (myself+wife +child). As Ameline said it is common sense for an applicant to follow anybody's advice or not. If there is a source available, I think he will always guide you to that source. Obviously whatever you read online is not true including this forum. Even HO people do mistakes who (we believe) should know everything. That is the reason they have adminstrative review in the system. Also, for my own personal experience, I can only cite myself as a source. Known is a drop; Unknown is an ocean. In summary : This forum is very helpful even without any references. Who cares about the references, when you can do things without them. :D

I very much like Cullinan's signature : LOVE FOR ALL, HATRED FOR NONE. We should all work towards this. If possible I would help others or simply keep quiet (I strongly belive that is also a help). I am not arguing or blaming anybody. I am NOT asking anybody to keep quiet. If you feel this is irrelevant, don't hesitate to delete. My aim is not to hurt anybody.

Thank you all for your contributions on this forum! It really helps a lot of people!!! Cheers..... :D

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:54 am

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, UKVI could have partnered "again" with post-office and allowed biometric submission from there, similar to how it was in Oct 2018 and before.

Applicants have already paid £19.60 for the biometrics, why make them pay again for a useless service :cry:

jameswilliamson6544
India

Post by jameswilliamson6544 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 am

ANS1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Received generic email from the FLR M validation home office team this morning, advising visa processing may be delayed outside of the standard 8 weeks processing time. 'Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.'

I know it's probably just an automated response - as reports on here suggest that it is randomly sent to some applicants at various stages (before and after!). We still replied to say that biometrics submitted already via app on 8 Sep in hope the caseworker can pick it up.

I thought this info may be of interest to someone who might be studying these emails closely to spot a pattern (pretty intelligent bunch on here I must add)! Not sure if this is off topic- Apologies in advance if it is.
Did this email have subject - UKVI DELAY NOTICE - <APPLICANT NAME> - <UAN>

Cool_Cucumber
Newly Registered
India

Post by Cool_Cucumber » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:58 am

Hi everyone,

I just received my decision today morning, so though I will share the timelines. Although I done it on the Timelines thread as well.

Applied for ILR Route : Set (O) Tier 2 General 5 Years - Main Applicant Only Via Solicitor
Date application sent : 18/08/2020
Type of application : Standard application
Payment debited: 18/08/2020
Email re biometric reuse / IDV app: 03/09/2020
Access granted to IDV app: 05/09/2020
Documents uploaded : 07/09/2020
Date Biometrics Enrolled: 09/09/2020 18:00 Croydon office(didn't choose to use IDV . Booked biometric appointment)
Decision Email received: 11/09/2020
BRP Card Received: waiting

Thank you to all the members, of this forum, especially CULLINAN :)
Best of luck to everyone waiting for their applications.

Just a personal thought and experience: I chose going to UKVCAS center for biometrics, after reading various posts on this forum about experiences with IDV app. I can only say, please choose wisely :)

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:37 pm
Someone who applied on 31st Aug has reported to have received an email to book an appointment.
Can others who applied on/after 28th Aug check you maybe able to book now?
We applied/paid on Sep 2nd and received the IDV email/option to book an appointment last night just after submitting the documents to UKIV, (probably a co-incidence). Unsure now whether to use IDV app or attend biometrics appointment. (ILR SET M route for my partner)

Nev

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:22 am

@nevsito
We applied/paid on Sep 2nd and received the IDV email/option to book an appointment last night just after submitting the documents to UKIV, (probably a co-incidence). Unsure now whether to use IDV app or attend biometrics appointment. (ILR SET M route for my partner)
Hello. It is purely your personal choice. You have the member’s experience shared here. Choose wisely but choosing only option is recommended.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 am

Thank you @shaaz2029 @asap8 🙏

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:26 am

Congratulations cool_cucumber 🥳

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:22 am
@nevsito
Hello. It is purely your personal choice. You have the member’s experience shared here. Choose wisely but choosing only ONE option is recommended.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:35 am

Just sharing FYI
Credits: Home Office document on a third party website.
As UKVI has started re-using biometrics for some customers, will it be used in future for all visa or settlement applications?
In response to the impact of COVID-19 on UKVI services, we have initially introduced biometric reuse for eligible customers affected by UKVCAS closures and reduced capacity on reopening. This has been introduced in a phased approach where our internal processes and technology supports it, and where an individual’s previous identity verification information can be reused.
This approach has allowed UKVI to address increased demand for our services whilst UKVCAS service points reopened with reduced appointment capacity, due to safety and social distancing requirements across the UK.
The biometric reuse process, and the IDV app to enable it, will be reviewed and considered for future use by UKVI. To assist the processing of this academic year’s in- country student application peak, we will also be reusing biometrics for some of our Tier 4 customers who have previously supplied their fingerprints since July 2015.
Further details on this will be made available to customers in the UK in due course.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 am

Nice :wink: . This is definitely a coincidence, as 28 Aug- 04 Sep applicants received this email last night regardless when we uploaded documents, I uploaded and submitted mine on 07/09.

It is entirely up to you to judge whether you go for in-person appointment or use the IDV. I personally did not think twice and booked an appointment at Lansdowne Rd for tomorrow (paid £121.5) as I am re-mortgaging and my BRP will expire on 21/10/20. I could not take the risk of any potential extra delays caused by IDV. I know that going for physical appointment does not guarantee getting decision quicker or any soon but it is just my own thought and decision.

I will use IDV for Naturalisation straight after I get my ILR even if this will be next week as my circumstances will change by then and I will not have to worry about any expiry date. So see your circumstances and needs and opt for the most convenient one for you.

Best of luck!
nevsito wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Someone who applied on 31st Aug has reported to have received an email to book an appointment.

Nev

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:40 am

A user on twitter got a response from UKVCAS that after information is submitted via IDV app, everything else is dealt directly with UKVI and the bottleneck is UKVI.

Don't know if UKVCAS are just saying that or this is actually true.

nevsito
England

Post by nevsito » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:50 am

Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 am
Nice :wink: . This is definitely a coincidence, as 28 Aug- 04 Sep applicants received this email last night regardless when we uploaded documents, I uploaded and submitted mine on 07/09.

It is entirely up to you to judge whether you go for in-person appointment or use the IDV. I personally did not think twice and booked an appointment at Lansdowne Rd for tomorrow (paid £121.5) as I am re-mortgaging and my BRP will expire on 21/10/20. I could not take the risk of any potential extra delays caused by IDV. I know that going for physical appointment does not guarantee getting decision quicker or any soon but it is just my own thought and decision.

I will use IDV for Naturalisation straight after I get my ILR even if this will be next week as my circumstances will change by then and I will not have to worry about any expiry date. So see your circumstances and needs and opt for the most convenient one for you.

Best of luck!
nevsito wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:01 am
CULLINAN wrote:

Nev
Thank you Cullinan & Ameline. We understand choosing one option is preferable, my preference was to book an appointment as it seems to me that this process is better understood currently. My partner was tempted by the IDV app approach to prevent additional travel during the pandemic- hence the procrastination! We've booked the appointment now for Wed 16th at Lansdowne Rd. I will keep the timelines updated.

Thanks to everyone and all the best to applicants

Nev

asap8
India

Post by asap8 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 am

debrancherenzym wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:40 am
A user on twitter got a response from UKVCAS that after information is submitted via IDV app, everything else is dealt directly with UKVI and the bottleneck is UKVI.

Don't know if UKVCAS are just saying that or this is actually true.
I think what UKVCAS say is true. When I escalated my case (submitted biometric via app), i got the decision within in two hours. I think UKVI have access to our biometric data, but priority is given to something else at present (no reference to prove this is true... sorry) :P
Last edited by asap8 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 am

Ameline wrote:
Not sure if I understand you here. Are you saying that you are going to apply for naturalisation right after ILR? Is that really possible? Don't we need to wait for 12 months?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:53 am

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 am
Ameline wrote:
Not sure if I understand you here. Are you saying that you are going to apply for naturalisation right after ILR? Is that really possible? Don't we need to wait for 12 months?
Yes cz her husband is a British Citizen. This does not apply to others who are NOT married to a British Citizen. In her case she can apply for Naturalisation the very next day after ILR approval also.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:56 am

Update from ukvcas on their twitter

Morning! Once you use the IDV app, all supporting information is delivered to UKVI within 24 hours. UKVI will then undertake the case work and make a decision. If you have an urgent need for a decision, please contact UKVI here:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am

I’ve submitted information to UKVI via the UKVCAS IDV App and have been requested by UKVI to attend a face to face appointment. What happens to my current application?
In some circumstances, UKVI may request that you resubmit your biometric information. This means you must book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point. All documents that have been uploaded onto the IDV app will be available to a UKVCAS agent at a UKVCAS Service Point. There may be a charge for the appointment.
To avoid the highlighted, I would say, if you are in an urgent need of approval, the best bet would be to go for UKVCAS appointment and not IDV app.

iamawonder
Mood:
India

Post by iamawonder » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 am

I’m curious if anyone who received ILR approval after using the IDV app has received their BRP or tracking number. And for those who used the app and attended an in person appointment, which picture is on the BRP?

(Apologies if this is off topic :| )