ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ameline
United Kingdom

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:22 am

Thanks CULLINAN as usual you got the point.

My husband is British, I don't have to wait for 12 months and can apply for Naturalisation straight away.
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:53 am
iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:51 am
Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:37 am
I will use IDV for Naturalisation straight after I get my ILR even if this will be next week as my circumstances will change by then and I will not have to worry about any expiry date. So see your circumstances and needs and opt for the most convenient one for you.
Not sure if I understand you here. Are you saying that you are going to apply for naturalisation right after ILR? Is that really possible? Don't we need to wait for 12 months?
Yes cz her husband is a British Citizen. This does not apply to others who are NOT married to a British Citizen. In her case she can apply for Naturalisation the very next day after ILR approval also.

daenyt
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by daenyt » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:36 am

iamawonder wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am
Basically saying it's not UKVCAS' fault, it is UKVI's.

artistique
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by artistique » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:00 am

Sharing my experience in case it helps. I had submitted my application on the IDV app on 24 Aug, but decided to book an appointment anyway (surprised that there were slots open for people who hadn't specifically 'opted-out'). Got an appointment on 31 Aug. Received an email yesterday that a decision has been made (this was a Tier 2 ext. application).

I consider myself quite fortunate; wasn't expecting a decision so soon. However, it's pretty clear that there is an issue with the IDV process, most likely a blockage at UKVI's end. Maybe UKVCAS rushed the roll-out owing to public pressure, or some other operational reason, it is anyone's guess at this point.

For people who are in a hurry, I would suggest you might want to consider booking in-person appointments (if you can get appointments within a reasonable time period) even if you have already made your submission using the IDV app.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 am

Need an advise. My application has been submitted and all documents have been loaded. I am yet to receive email from UKVCAS for IDV app usage for reuse of biometric / booking an appointment.

Can I go ahead and book appointment without this email?

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 am

UKVCAS has just tweeted:

'Morning! Once you use the IDV app, all supporting information is delivered to UKVI within 24 hours. UKVI will then undertake the case work and make a decision. If you have an urgent need for a decision, please contact UKVI'

I am not sure why some people who have used the IDV app are also submitting their biometrics in person? I don't think it will speed up the decision making process in anyway.

artistique
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by artistique » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 am

sean2606 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 am
UKVCAS has just tweeted:

'Morning! Once you use the IDV app, all supporting information is delivered to UKVI within 24 hours. UKVI will then undertake the case work and make a decision. If you have an urgent need for a decision, please contact UKVI'

I am not sure why some people who have used the IDV app are also submitting their biometrics in person? I don't think it will speed up the decision making process in anyway.
Well evidently it is speeding up the process, which is bonkers, but is what it is. :o

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 am

A user on twitter has posted a photo of someone's post from the FB group:

The person applied on 6th of May for Tier 2 ICT switch to FLR(M)

Submitted through IDV on 26th August

Email with decision on 10th Sept and also received BRP that has an old picture, no escalations etc.

sean2606
United Kingdom

Post by sean2606 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 am

artistique wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 am
sean2606 wrote:
UKVCAS has just tweeted:

Well evidently it is speeding up the process, which is bonkers, but is what it is. :o
That's a shame, I submitted my wife's selfie etc via the IDV app on 07/09, just checked the next available appointment is on Tuesday 15/09... do i wait and see the outcome of the submission via the app or do i make an apt .. Hmmm :roll:

artistique
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by artistique » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:37 am

sean2606 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 am
artistique wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 am
sean2606 wrote:
UKVCAS has just tweeted:

That's a shame, I submitted my wife's selfie etc via the IDV app on 07/09, just checked the next available appointment is on Tuesday 15/09... do i wait and see the outcome of the submission via the app or do i make an apt .. Hmmm :roll:
Could be wrong but maybe the UKVI are treating in-person appointments as 'priority' given there's money involved. If so, they could just say so. I think IDV applications will be processed eventually, but without effective communication, this whole process just appears dodgy.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:39 am

gyanp wrote:
Need an advise. My application has been submitted and all documents have been loaded. I am yet to receive email from UKVCAS for IDV app usage for reuse of biometric / booking an appointment.

No, you cannot.
But nothing stopping you from checking this yourself. Login to UKVCAS website and check if appointments show up
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi,

For those who have submitted their application after 28th August - when can we expect biometric appt or IDV?

Thanks

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm

poper wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:39 am
gyanp wrote:

No, you cannot.
But nothing stopping you from checking this yourself. Login to UKVCAS website and check if appointments show up
Thanks @poper for your response.
Is there any way I can check this if I have gone through solicitor? e.g. Can I also get user id in additional to solicitor to check and book appointment? Or I have to rely on solicitor?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm

RIYER wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi,

For those who have submitted their application after 28th August - when can we expect biometric appt or IDV?

Thanks
28th Aug - 4th Sep applicant’s have already reported having access to the booking appointment/IDV app.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:19 pm

RIYER wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:14 pm
Hi,

Thanks
People who have applied until 4th Sept should be getting them now. For the ones after - no idea yet. UKVCAS should be updating their service status flash messages soon (I hope, given their last update was on 3rd Sept). Given that they seem to be slightly ahead of plan in terms of invites, emails/invitations for applicants past 4th Sept may even come next week.

sam942
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sam942 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:32 pm

sam942 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:19 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm
@sam942.

Please can you update which photo is on your BRP when it arrives? Also, if your current BRP is still valid you maybe able to check that on the “prove work rights” on the gov website. It will help deducing the dual biometrics submission science.
Will update when I get my BRP.

Also checked the right to work site. The expiry date has been updated to my new visa expiry date, but the photo is reused from my current BRP.
@CULLINAN

Just received my BRP today. The photo is the one taken at the appointment!

ANS1
United Kingdom

Post by ANS1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:38 pm

jameswilliamson6544 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 am
ANS1 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm
Received generic email from the FLR M validation home office team this morning, advising visa processing may be delayed outside of the standard 8 weeks processing time. 'Please be assured we will do all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible once your biometric details have been submitted.'

I know it's probably just an automated response - as reports on here suggest that it is randomly sent to some applicants at various stages (before and after!). We still replied to say that biometrics submitted already via app on 8 Sep in hope the caseworker can pick it up.

I thought this info may be of interest to someone who might be studying these emails closely to spot a pattern (pretty intelligent bunch on here I must add)! Not sure if this is off topic- Apologies in advance if it is.
Did this email have subject - UKVI DELAY NOTICE - <APPLICANT NAME> - <UAN>
@jameswilliamson6544
Email subject was simply- "Immigration Application- <UAN number>"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:42 pm

@sam942
@CULLINAN

Just received my BRP today. The photo is the one taken at the appointment!
Thanks for the update.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:46 pm

Anyone who is in URGENT need of approval, its best to test your luck via the biometrics appointment route.

I will still not recommend dual submission but more inclined to go for an appointment instead; in case applicants who want urgent decisions.

Note, your decision pace is not entirely based on biometrics submission route only. The outstanding enquiries (if any) may delay the decision in both cases.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm

I have done my biometrics on 5th of September via IDV app. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics. I have just looked at the UKVCAS website the appointments are available for next week @£135/person. This is absolutely ridiculous. Well, I am not in a rush and could wait for the decision.

going_dicey12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by going_dicey12 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:03 pm

If its any consolation Klownking I deliberately paid for in-person biometrics as I urgently need a decision. That was at the end of August and still no decision. So difficult to gauge their approach.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:14 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:03 pm
If its any consolation Klownking I deliberately paid for in-person biometrics as I urgently need a decision. That was at the end of August and still no decision. So difficult to gauge their approach.

It is kinda relief but now I feel bad for you. I hope you will get the decision soon. Thanks, dude.

stonelove
India

Post by stonelove » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:29 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:03 pm
I too same submitted my application on the 28/5/2020 SET (M) biometric data submitted in person 21/08/2020 and still waiting so it all depends on your luck

FarI90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FarI90 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 pm

klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
I have done my biometrics on 5th of September via IDV app. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics. I have just looked at the UKVCAS website the appointments are available for next week @£135/person. This is absolutely ridiculous. Well, I am not in a rush and could wait for the decision.
Submitted my application on 27th August and biometrics via IDV app on 6th September. I noticed particularly that dual submission was not advised by Cullinan unless someone messed up in submitting biometrics. Guess what? I actually messed up by submitting BRP photo (besides the liveliness check) instead of my passport’s bio page. Decided to book a next day appointment for £135 in Birmingham on 9th September. Got a decision this morning.

I noticed yesterday that people who submitted application after 15th August were getting responses/decisions. So perhaps my week was next in line to receive decisions. However, a friend of mine who just did biometric submission on the same day as me (6th Sep) but his application was dated a day before me has still not received a decision from HO. It might be that in-person appointment did the trick. Will check my pic once brp received.

FarI90
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FarI90 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 pm

FarI90 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
Submitted my application on 27th August and biometrics via IDV app on 6th September. I noticed particularly that dual submission was not advised by Cullinan unless someone messed up in submitting biometrics. Guess what? I actually messed up by submitting BRP photo (besides the liveliness check) instead of my passport’s bio page. Decided to book a next day appointment for £135 in Birmingham on 9th September. Got a decision this morning.

I noticed yesterday that people who submitted application after 15th August were getting responses/decisions. So perhaps my week was next in line to receive decisions. However, a friend of mine who just did biometric submission on the same day as me (6th Sep) but his application was dated a day before me has still not received a decision from HO. It might be that in-person appointment did the trick. Will check my pic once brp received.
Forgot to mention, thanks a lot to Cullinan, CR001 and others who have been amazing. I have been a silent reader for the past month or so and your posts have always put things into perspective.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Note, your decision pace is not entirely based on biometrics submission route only. The outstanding enquiries (if any) may delay the decision in both cases.