ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Documents signed for but system is not showing any update!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rozearo

Passport Documents signed for but system is not showing any update!

Post by rozearo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am

Dear Admins and members,

I have sent my documents for passport application on Monday 7/9/2020 by special delivery to HMPO Peterborough and HMPO Newport on the same day.

Both documents have been delivered 7am on 8/9/2020 as shown by Royal Mail service. The HMPO Newport updated the status of my child application confirming receiving the documents, however Peterborough office still didn’t update my application (me and other 2 kids). It is still not received on their system.

My questions are:
1- Is this normal to take long to be updated?
2- Does they start counting from the date the received the application or from the date they update the system?

Thanks in advance

secret.simon

Re: Passport Documents signed for but system is not showing any update!

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am

rozearo wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am
2- Does they start counting from the date the received the application or from the date they update the system?
Counting for what purpose? There is no time limit for when first British passports will be issued. They will be issued when the relevant checks have been done.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:26 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am
Counting for what purpose? There is no time limit for when first British passports will be issued. They will be issued when the relevant checks have been done.
Counting the 6 weeks.

How long it takes to get status updated after document delivery by the Royal Mail?

One application updated within 24 hours. Other delivered 72 hours ago and still not showing up on the tracking system!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:42 am

I have sent my documents for passport application on Monday 7/9/2020 by special delivery to HMPO Peterborough and HMPO Newport on the same day.
Why have you sent documents to two different locations??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:42 am
Why have you sent documents to two different locations??
I made 4 applications one for my self and 3 for my kids.
The Email instruction which I have received after each Application asked me to send to specific address.

I called the ‭0300 222 0000‬ before sending the application and I have been told that I must follow the email instructions. That is why one application went to Newport and the other 3 to Peterborough.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Yes. For each applicant you may get different location for HMPO.
1) Yes its normal.
2) Date application received.

My wife applied for British passport with her parents and siblings. Total 5 applications went to 3 different places. All had different timelines. It was pre-covid though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm

My wife’s and family experience: They dealt with three locations: Belfast, Peterborough and Newport.
Peterborough was the slowest.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm
My wife’s and family experience: They dealt with three locations: Belfast, Peterborough and Newport.
Peterborough was the slowest.
Thanks Cullinan. That is really useful to know.
Hopefully it will be updated soon.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi do you have any update as I've sent mine application to Peterborough around same date as yours and still no update on documents received

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by miku » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am

rozearo wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:13 am
Dear Admins and members,

Both documents have been delivered 7am on 8/9/2020 as shown by Royal Mail service. The HMPO Newport updated the status of my child application confirming receiving the documents, however Peterborough office still didn’t update my application (me and other 2 kids). It is still not received on their system.

My questions are:

Thanks in advance
I have exactly the same situation, my application went to Newport and my son's to Peterborough, both sets of documents were delivered by Royal Mail on 4 September, Newport confirmed receiving on 7th while Peterborough only confirmed the receipt of documents on 14th.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am

miku wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:43 am

I have exactly the same situation, my application went to Newport and my son's to Peterborough, both sets of documents were delivered by Royal Mail on 4 September, Newport confirmed receiving on 7th while Peterborough only confirmed the receipt of documents on 14th.
They have not confirmed the receipt yet in my case. It has been 9 days since they received our application but no update yet. It look like they are operating with less staff number. I have been advised to wait for 8 working days which is due tomorrow.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 pm

hotmale wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 pm
Hi do you have any update as I've sent mine application to Peterborough around same date as yours and still no update on documents received
Just received the update this afternoon that documents have been received. It looks like they are operating with few staff number as it took them 7 working days to just get my application into the system. Good luck.

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm

miku wrote:
Have your documents been updated?

If so, has the HO processed your application?

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by miku » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

rozearo wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm
miku wrote:
Have your documents been updated?

If so, has the HO processed your application?
the application was approved on 16 september, passport received on 22nd, still waiting for other documents

rozearo

Post by rozearo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:03 pm

miku wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

the application was approved on 16 september, passport received on 22nd, still waiting for other documents
You can track the documents as well using the same number for your passport application on
https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking

Mine just been shipped today (9 days after approval).

miku
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by miku » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:52 pm

rozearo wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:03 pm
miku wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:28 am

You can track the documents as well using the same number for your passport application on
https://delivery.tnt.com/tracking

Mine just been shipped today (9 days after approval).
That's what I thought and that's what happened with my passport, but with my son's i couldn't track it - it only showed the passport, nothing else in the link. I was about to call them and suddenly the documents arrived today.