ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:48 pm

Congratulations FarI90 🥳
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:52 pm

FarI90 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 pm
FarI90 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 pm
klownking wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm
I have done my biometrics on 5th of September via IDV app. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics. I have just looked at the UKVCAS website the appointments are available for next week @£135/person. This is absolutely ridiculous. Well, I am not in a rush and could wait for the decision.
Submitted my application on 27th August and biometrics via IDV app on 6th September. I noticed particularly that dual submission was not advised by Cullinan unless someone messed up in submitting biometrics. Guess what? I actually messed up by submitting BRP photo (besides the liveliness check) instead of my passport’s bio page. Decided to book a next day appointment for £135 in Birmingham on 9th September. Got a decision this morning.

I noticed yesterday that people who submitted application after 15th August were getting responses/decisions. So perhaps my week was next in line to receive decisions. However, a friend of mine who just did biometric submission on the same day as me (6th Sep) but his application was dated a day before me has still not received a decision from HO. It might be that in-person appointment did the trick. Will check my pic once brp received.
Forgot to mention, thanks a lot to Cullinan, CR001 and others who have been amazing. I have been a silent reader for the past month or so and your posts have always put things into perspective.
Just wondering how did you mess up your BRP photo? did you notice it your self or something else?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:53 pm

@KlownKing

For IDV: You have to take photo of your travel document i.e. passport not BRP.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:53 pm
@KlownKing

For IDV: You have to take a photo of your travel document i.e. passport not BRP.
Yes, you right. Just read it again lolxx :shock: . My bad. Apologies. :roll:
Thanks @CULLINAN

soundasr
Newly Registered

Post by soundasr » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:01 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:46 pm
Anyone who is in URGENT need of approval, its best to test your luck via the biometrics appointment route.

I will still not recommend dual submission but more inclined to go for an appointment instead; in case applicants who want urgent decisions.

Note, your decision pace is not entirely based on biometrics submission route only. The outstanding enquiries (if any) may delay the decision in both cases.
may i know what you mean by outstanding enquiries please?.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 pm

soundasr wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:01 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:46 pm
Anyone who is in URGENT need of approval, its best to test your luck via the biometrics appointment route.

I will still not recommend dual submission but more inclined to go for an appointment instead; in case applicants who want urgent decisions.

Note, your decision pace is not entirely based on biometrics submission route only. The outstanding enquiries (if any) may delay the decision in both cases.
may i know what you mean by outstanding enquiries please?.
Any queries that UKVI make with other departments that are possibly still outstanding.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:08 pm

gyanp wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:15 pm
poper wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:39 am
gyanp wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 am
Need an advise. My application has been submitted and all documents have been loaded. I am yet to receive email from UKVCAS for IDV app usage for reuse of biometric / booking an appointment.

Can I go ahead and book appointment without this email?
No, you cannot.
But nothing stopping you from checking this yourself. Login to UKVCAS website and check if appointments show up
Thanks @poper for your response.
Is there any way I can check this if I have gone through solicitor? e.g. Can I also get user id in additional to solicitor to check and book appointment? Or I have to rely on solicitor?
You will need to check with your solicitor.
As far as I know, you cannot create additional ID.
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Sent DM to UKVCAS about the in-person vs IDV app biometrics pace stuff and got the same reply as others reported... just blaming UKVI. I don't know what should I do. I think I will apply for in-person biometrics appointment next week if no communication from UKVI.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Just sent another message to UKVCAS and as soon as I pressed Enter somebody from the other side started typing and replied in a few seconds. So, here is the message and reply:

Me: I have submitted my biometrics via IDV app. Can I still book an appointment?

UKVCAS: You are only able to book an appointment if UKVI request for you to resubmit your biometrics. Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:21 pm

@KlownKing
UKVCAS: You are only able to book an appointment if UKVI request for you to resubmit your biometrics. Thanks.
The guidance says so. But many have successfully done it. Its not recommended but may used as a last resort for someone who messed up IDV app.

Ameline
United Kingdom

Post by Ameline » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 pm

FarI90 wrote:
klownking wrote:
I have done my biometrics on 5th of September via IDV app. I should have gone for the in-person biometrics. I have just looked at the UKVCAS website the appointments are available for next week @£135/person. This is absolutely ridiculous. Well, I am not in a rush and could wait for the decision.
Submitted my application on 27th August and biometrics via IDV app on 6th September. I noticed particularly that dual submission was not advised by Cullinan unless someone messed up in submitting biometrics. Guess what? I actually messed up by submitting BRP photo (besides the liveliness check) instead of my passport’s bio page. Decided to book a next day appointment for £135 in Birmingham on 9th September. Got a decision this morning.

I noticed yesterday that people who submitted application after 15th August were getting responses/decisions. So perhaps my week was next in line to receive decisions. However, a friend of mine who just did biometric submission on the same day as me (6th Sep) but his application was dated a day before me has still not received a decision from HO. It might be that in-person appointment did the trick. Will check my pic once brp received.
Congratulations Farl90. you broke the record getting decision within 2 weeks from start to finish. That is really good. Hope your friend and other applicants who already submitted will have decision in due course and at short notice.

applicant1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by applicant1234 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Ameline wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:25 pm
FarI90 wrote:
klownking wrote:

Congratulations Farl90. you broke the record getting decision within 2 weeks from start to finish. That is really good. Hope your friend and other applicants who already submitted will have decision in due course and at short notice.
Congrats! Is yours LR or other?

chace0018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by chace0018 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:44 pm

Standard ILR tier 2 5 years route, paid £120 to attend an appointment on Monday under the illusion that it will result in a quick approval, did not happen. Apparently people who applied later and attended later appointments are getting their approvals already, not sure what is going on with HO but it is a quite frustrating situation.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 pm

if you are more likely to mess up or already messed the selfie or documents submission thro IDV,In person appointment at least gives you a satisfaction (comes with a price) but i agree with moderators and Gurus decision is entirely on case to case basis.

Can anyone share if they have received a quick decision with IDV for those who applied in July/aug with out dual submission.

LRZhang12
Newly Registered
China

Post by LRZhang12 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:55 pm

chace0018 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:44 pm
Standard ILR tier 2 5 years route, paid £120 to attend an appointment on Monday under the illusion that it will result in a quick approval, did not happen. Apparently people who applied later and attended later appointments are getting their approvals already, not sure what is going on with HO but it is a quite frustrating situation.
Same timeline and same application type as you....Applied in Mid August, appointment this Monday, and waiting for a result. Not sure how HO decide which ones are the straightforward cases.

JS123
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JS123 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:26 pm

JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 am
I’m curious if anyone who received ILR approval after using the IDV app has received their BRP or tracking number. And for those who used the app and attended an in person appointment, which picture is on the BRP?

(Apologies if this is off topic :| )
So I received my BRP today, but with the same picture as my previous BRP, not the one I submitted through the app. Not sure what the point is of submitting the pic via the app, and since it is not used, seems unlikely that UKVI will refer you back to an in-person biometric appointment if the app picture is messed up. Who knows?

Haom
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Haom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm

JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:26 pm
JS123 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 am
I’m curious if anyone who received ILR approval after using the IDV app has received their BRP or tracking number. And for those who used the app and attended an in person appointment, which picture is on the BRP?

(Apologies if this is off topic :| )
So I received my BRP today, but with the same picture as my previous BRP, not the one I submitted through the app. Not sure what the point is of submitting the pic via the app, and since it is not used, seems unlikely that UKVI will refer you back to an in-person biometric appointment if the app picture is messed up. Who knows?
This is really worrying and equally ridiculous. If they are using the same photo as before, and reusing the finger prints, then what is the entire point of the IDV app? the documents can be submitted through UKVCAS and then send to UKVI (or directly to UKVI)!! What is the point of putting all these people in this waiting game and wasting tons of money on this app? This just shows how much fraud exists in this process!!

debrancherenzym
United Kingdom

Post by debrancherenzym » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:34 pm

I think the point of IDV app is to confirm the person's identity through a recent picture and a liveness check, Biometrics are basically used to identify human characteristics and both a recent picture and liveness check will confirm if you are the same person from the last time you had your biometrics.

damWills1984
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by damWills1984 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:40 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
@KlownKing

Not sure this is 100% correct.
When I uploaded via IDV app yesterday, yes I used my passport.
But there are actually multiple options you can choose before taking the picture.
(1) Passport
(2) Home Office Travel Document
(3) BRP
and 4 more options.
So you could upload BRP as long as you select (3).

infinitesmile

Post by infinitesmile » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:57 pm

Is there anybody who got a decision after using the idv app ?
Is there any reason why people getting late decisions when using the idv app.

ukresident01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukresident01 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Can some one please advise that how much time is allowed to upload biometrics through IDV app once the invite has been received?
I applied on 30 August and received invite yesterday night, however I need some time as my employer needs to produce a letter for me which may take a week.
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:22 pm

damWills1984 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:40 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
@KlownKing

Not sure this is 100% correct.
When I uploaded via IDV app yesterday, yes I used my passport.
But there are actually multiple options you can choose before taking the picture.
(1) Passport
(2) Home Office Travel Document
(3) BRP
and 4 more options.
So you could upload BRP as long as you select (3).
The IDV app clearly asks for a TRAVEL document. Note this is a generic list. For example, refugees can submit HTD or BRP if they do not even have a HTD etc.
Attachments
4289F39D-4AAC-4263-80A1-17557D7B7FE9.jpeg
4289F39D-4AAC-4263-80A1-17557D7B7FE9.jpeg (206.96 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:27 pm

ukresident01 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Can some one please advise that how much time is allowed to upload biometrics through IDV app once the invite has been received?
I applied on 30 August and received invite yesterday night, however I need some time as my employer needs to produce a letter for me which may take a week.
Thanks
The deadline will be quoted on your UKVI account @further actions page. It is usually 2 months from date of application. You can use the IDV app anytime before that. No rush.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:30 pm

infinitesmile wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:57 pm
Is there anybody who got a decision after using the idv app ?
Is there any reason why people getting late decisions when using the idv app.
No one can answer that. There are members who have got quicker decisions with both IDV app and in person appointment.
Majorly it depends on your individual case merits and any outstanding enquires (if any). You can not compare your own case to anyone else’s circumstance.

ukresident01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ukresident01 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:37 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:27 pm
ukresident01 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Thanks
The deadline will be quoted on your UKVI account @further actions page. It is usually 2 months from date of application. You can use the IDV app anytime before that. No rush.
Thanks a alot for your input, it certainly relaxes me. But as long as i remember the biometric submission date was discarded due to COVID because people couldnt book any slots and ukvcas centres were closed.