ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**** COVID19 and UKVCAS Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: **** COVID19 and UKVCAS Biometrics Appointments **** (ONLY discuss here)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 pm

@mal98
Thanks CULLINAN, that's much appreciated. From a process perspective, would the solicitor first need to receive an email from UKVCAS notifying her that the system is open for applicants from 7 Sep to book an appointment/use the app? Or is it a matter of keeping an eye on our UKVCAS account in case the system opens without an official update from them
As long as the solicitor has registered your account on the UKVCAS, all further communication will be sent on the registered email address.

Note, the past UKVCAS pattern shows the system opens up even before an official update.

Applicants are able to book an appointment or access IDV app even before an official update.

For the latest developments you should follow this thread where members update their recent experience and then recent development is known to everyone.

So keep following this thread and the UKVCAS update both. Also keep checking UKVCAS/IDV app by hit and trial method.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:28 pm

mal98 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:52 pm
gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:41 pm

Be aware of solicitors, they may delay. Please remember they have several cases and it also depends on how good is your solicitor. You should cross check on UKVCAS Twitter. Get UAN number from your solicitor. And check on Monday morning whether they can see application or not. If not then your soliciotor has not submitted it properly. In my case solicitor delayed by more than one month. You can't trust them.
You're absolutely right - that's the feeling that I've had from them throughout the entire process but unfortunately it's imposed on me to use them by my Tier 2 sponsor... I will get the UAN and reach out to UKVCAS next week. Thank you very much for the tip - much better than the solicitor!! :lol:
if you have a copy of final submitted form you can find out UAN from there, and then chase with UKVCAS, i am assuming the email used is of solicitor, and rightly said they have many applications under same email so its get difficult chasing to confirm if they have created account ukvcas.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:29 pm

any new approvals with ONLY idv applicants

user5
Pakistan

Post by user5 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:07 pm

Guggi wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:28 pm

if you have a copy of final submitted form you can find out UAN from there, and then chase with UKVCAS, i am assuming the email used is of solicitor, and rightly said they have many applications under same email so its get difficult chasing to confirm if they have created account ukvcas.
Hi,
I was under the impression that if there are many applications under the same email then the registration with UKCVAS is automatic and therefore an application is already in the ‘queue’.
I’ve used an email address for my application which I had used previously to book biometrics and upload documents for a visa application last year.
After submitting and paying for my current visa application on UKVI I did not get an option to register (or a code) for UKVCAS but just was given the option to log in and then enter UAN which I did. Is this sufficient and am I in the queue?

Note: I had already asked this on my own post but don’t know if I articulated my circumstances properly. So want to confirm as the previous posts on this thread exactly refers to the issue I was having.

Thank you as always

Carrington1234
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Carrington1234 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 am

good day everyone..

I have waited for 5 months for the IdV invite before finally submitting my facial image.. does it mean that I have again to wait 6 months before escalating this to the home office? or can i escalate this already next month?

or let me rephrase my question. does the 6 months rule when it comes to requesting a progress update, apply to the day of the application or to the day of the biometrics/idv submission?

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 am

Carrington1234 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 am
good day everyone..

I have waited for 5 months for the IdV invite before finally submitting my facial image.. does it mean that I have again to wait 6 months before escalating this to the home office? or can i escalate this already next month?

or let me rephrase my question. does the 6 months rule when it comes to requesting a progress update, apply to the day of the application or to the day of the biometrics/idv submission?
On the day of application!

saggadon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by saggadon » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57 am

Guys,

We know the official IDV App has only been live since 17th August 2020 but has anyone received had their visa approved so far using IDV biometric submission.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:58 am

saggadon wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57 am
Guys,

We know the official IDV App has only been live since 17th August 2020 but has anyone received had their visa approved so far using IDV biometric submission.
Hi,
as far as i know people who have done dual submission that is idv plus in person appointment have received decisions quickly, hence i asked the same question wondering to find out whats the status on individuals who has only submitted via idv.

Luluokis29
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Luluokis29 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:21 am

Guggi wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:58 am
saggadon wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:57 am
Guys,

Hi,
as far as i know people who have done dual submission that is idv plus in person appointment have received decisions quickly, hence i asked the same question wondering to find out whats the status on individuals who has only submitted via idv.
Hi
A couple of people got decisions on this forum using IDV app alone. The moderators will confirm when they come online!

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:13 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:39 pm
gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 pm
gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 am
Has anyone managed to book in-person biometric appointment since yesterday? I am not able to find any available appointments in any of the centres.
Your history says you applied on 4th Aug and uploaded documents on 9th Sep. Did you create your UKVCAS account on 4th Aug OR 9th Sep??
On 9th Sep
You will be classified as 9th Sep for biometrics. System is not open for you yet. You will have to wait for official updates.
Hi @CULLINAN,
I have not yet submitted documents in UKVCAS. My solicitor is saying, documents should be submitted after biometric email is recieved. I was under the impression that if all docuemnts are uploaded and complete, we can submit it so that UK VI team can start review of them if they want.
Wil UKVI confirm my case for sending biometric email only after all documents are submitted in UKVCAS or there is no relationship? Please advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:16 am

@gyanp

Your solicitor is not right. The best approach is to submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS even before biometrics. Why UKVCAS introduced the “submit” feature otherwise??

You will get email correspondence irrespective of submitting documents or not.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:24 am

We have introduced the option to submit your uploaded documents to UKVI before your appointment takes place. This option will be available on the Document upload page until 48 hours before your appointment.
- UKVCAS

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am

gyanp wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:13 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:39 pm
gyanp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:33 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Your history says you applied on 4th Aug and uploaded documents on 9th Sep. Did you create your UKVCAS account on 4th Aug OR 9th Sep??
On 9th Sep
You will be classified as 9th Sep for biometrics. System is not open for you yet. You will have to wait for official updates.
Hi @CULLINAN,
I have not yet submitted documents in UKVCAS. My solicitor is saying, documents should be submitted after biometric email is recieved. I was under the impression that if all docuemnts are uploaded and complete, we can submit it so that UK VI team can start review of them if they want.
Wil UKVI confirm my case for sending biometric email only after all documents are submitted in UKVCAS or there is no relationship? Please advise.
After biometrics, one must not play with the UKVCAS uploaded documents. Your solicitor is wrong
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 am

Luluokis29
Hi
A couple of people got decisions on this forum using IDV app alone. The moderators will confirm when they come online!
Correct

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am

@poper
After biometrics, one must not play with the UKVCAS uploaded documents. Your solicitor is wrong
User @gyanp means that the solicitor says to wait till user receives an email from UKVCAS i.e. eligibility for biometrics reuse OR booking appointment email. The solicitor already messed up not registering the user account on UKVCAS since 4th August and maybe did that on 9th Sep only!!

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:37 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am
@poper
User @gyanp means that the solicitor says to wait till user receives an email from UKVCAS i.e. eligibility for biometrics reuse OR booking appointment email. The solicitor already messed up not registering the user account on UKVCAS since 4th August and maybe did that on 9th Sep only!!
Understood. Thanks Cullinan
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

gyanp
United Kingdom

Post by gyanp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am
@poper
Thanks a lot @CULLINAN for all your advises. I feel I am getting much more guidance on this forum. Appreciate all your responses.

RIYER
Newly Registered
India

Post by RIYER » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi,

Did anyone who applied for VISA after 4th SEPT hear back regarding biometrics/IDV app information?

Thanks

schen
Panama

Post by schen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:57 pm

RIYER wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:54 pm
Hi,

Did anyone who applied for VISA after 4th SEPT hear back regarding biometrics/IDV app information?

Thanks
I applied on 5th Sep and yet to hear from them. I guess probably next week or so as people in previous threads mentioned that application made up to 4th Sep have received idv invitations.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:58 pm

I believe there will be an UKVCAS official update on 15th Sep.

enisozkan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by enisozkan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:25 pm

Hello there,

I have applied FLR on 30.04.2020 and submitted through IDV 04.09.20

Just wondering what may be the reason that in-person appointment applicants get their decisions much quicker than IDV users?

It has been 5 months and it is unfair to see people applied in August got their decision,

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also if you have received your decision as IDV users please share, it may be helpful to estimate the timeline.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 pm

Hint: If someone who is eligible to apply and is planning to apply very soon in the next 2/3 days, I would say try to apply before 15th Sep. Previous pattern shows there might be a biometrics date cut off for applications made before 15th Sep. You may save some wasted time for biometrics turn in this case.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm

enisozkan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:25 pm
Hello there,

I have applied FLR on 30.04.2020 and submitted through IDV 04.09.20

Just wondering what may be the reason that in-person appointment applicants get their decisions much quicker than IDV users?

It has been 5 months and it is unfair to see people applied in August got their decision,

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also if you have received your decision as IDV users please share, it may be helpful to estimate the timeline.
There are many users who submitted biometrics via in person appointment and are still waiting also.

The decision pace majorly depends on the complexity of your individual case and any outstanding enquires HO may have in your case which are not completed yet. The standard processing time is 6 months.

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:45 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:26 pm
Hint: If someone who is eligible to apply and is planning to apply very soon in the next 2/3 days, I would say try to apply before 15th Sep. Previous pattern shows there might be a biometrics date cut off for applications made before 15th Sep. You may save some wasted time for biometrics turn in this case.
Thanks Cull for your 24x7 service to this community. I think the latest pattern is different and now UKVI is evaluating applications every week for the previous working week (Friday cut off). Applications of W/E 4Sep have already heard back and next week should be for applicants till this Friday.

Personally, I am eligible for an ILR. Was waiting for the backlog to clear/Super Priority. As they have attended to all earlier application. Hopefully we will hear on Priority or else I will go with Normal route end of this month.
Last edited by mesn on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nash4elovek
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nash4elovek » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm

going_dicey12 wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:10 pm
The second point to note is that, while I agree every case is different, judging by the timeline thread and this thread it seems at least 80% of cases have 'quick decisions' (7 days or less). We've all forked out the same £2.4k application fee plus whatever other appointment fees UKVI has milked from us. So there should be some level of fairness in decision times.
I just wanted to say (in case it can help anyone) that I was also relying on the information in the timeline thread where it seems like 75% of ILR applications get a decision within 4 working days from in person bio. I'm one of the ones "not included" in these stats and I was very worried at first that I didn't get a fast decision. I also think that my case is very straightforward and previously I've been able to get my decisions on the same day using the super priority service. Oh well...

I now think there is many more of us waiting after submitting biometrics in late August - early September. So I guess, let's be patient, and please update the timeline when you do get a decision, so that we can see how longer cases develop as well.

Fingers crossed, it won't take the full six months!