ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor supporting letter advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zimmerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor supporting letter advice

Post by zimmerman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:17 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:24 am
zimmerman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 pm
Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm
zimmerman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:38 pm
One other question, the below question in the application form is confusing me for some reason. I have two accounts so I should put the figures from both accounts 6 months ago for this part ? Or do I need to try and work out the lowest each account reached in the past 6 months ?

“What amount of savings are held in this account ?”

(Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months)
If the funds in just one account meets the requirement, then you only need to enter details for that account.

I think I have to write both as my savings (from 6 months ago) was around 10,000 and has now reached 24,000 through transferring money from my current account which was £12,000 (from 6 months) and the current account dropped to as low as about £200 at one point as I transferred the bulk of it to my savings for safety and interest within this period.

So I am just getting confused about what to write in that bloody box. As I know my money hasn’t dropped below £20,000 in the past 6 months but don’t want to make a mistake whilst filling in the application.
As many accounts as you have that contains the funds you want to use and meeting the criteria for the 6months preceding application and that can be evidenced by accounts statements and reliable disclose the source.
However, the less paper work the better.

Yep we have done that with all the bank statements etc. Its just what to fill in that box about the savings held for 6 months in each account.

The minimum from my savings was 10,000 and the minimum in the current account was like £200, but that's because the bulk of the money had been transferred out to the savings account so the money combined is still there and never went below £20,000.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 am

zimmerman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:17 am
AmazonianX wrote:
zimmerman wrote:
Korekt wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:58 pm

If the funds in just one account meets the requirement, then you only need to enter details for that account.

I think I have to write both as my savings (from 6 months ago) was around 10,000 and has now reached 24,000 through transferring money from my current account which was £12,000 (from 6 months) and the current account dropped to as low as about £200 at one point as I transferred the bulk of it to my savings for safety and interest within this period.

So I am just getting confused about what to write in that bloody box. As I know my money hasn’t dropped below £20,000 in the past 6 months but don’t want to make a mistake whilst filling in the application.
As many accounts as you have that contains the funds you want to use and meeting the criteria for the 6months preceding application and that can be evidenced by accounts statements and reliable disclose the source.

Yep we have done that with all the bank statements etc. Its just what to fill in that box about the savings held for 6 months in each account.

The minimum from my savings was 10,000 and the minimum in the current account was like £200, but that's because the bulk of the money had been transferred out to the savings account so the money combined is still there and never went below £20,000.
Is so, then with the account statement and a cover letter detailing the transfer you are sorted. What is written should be the balance as at time of printed statement.

zimmerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zimmerman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:20 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:54 am
zimmerman wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:17 am
AmazonianX wrote:
zimmerman wrote:

Is so, then with the account statement and a cover letter detailing the transfer you are sorted. What is written should be the balance as at time of printed statement.

Ah right, so for that box that is asking for what amount is held in GBP, you should just write the most recent amount stated on the latest bank statements provided as evidence?

I noticed there is a box at the bottom of the finance page for extra information. So I have explained the transfers there.

Thanks again & apologies for all the questions. This part has really confused me for some reason.